Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
29 crawler(s) on-line.
 130 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 BigD:  14 mins ago
 OlafS25:  16 mins ago
 kolla:  36 mins ago
 amigakit:  45 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  48 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 Frank:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 MickJT:  2 hrs 11 mins ago
 A1200:  2 hrs 35 mins ago
 outlawal2:  3 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Thank God for Queen Elizabeth II
Register To Post

PosterThread
BigD 
Thank God for Queen Elizabeth II
Posted on 8-Sep-2022 19:53:19
#1 ]
Elite Member

It is with great sadness that we hear news of Queen Elizabeth II's passing earlier today. She pledged her whole working life to serving her country!

Quote:
I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.

.... then a reaffirmation in 1977 at a Corporation of London lunch at the Guildhall to mark her Silver Jubilee:

Quote:
“When I was 21, I pledged my life to the service of our people and asked for God’s help to make good that vow. Although that vow was made in my salad days, when I was green in judgment, I do not regret nor retract one word of it.”

... and a special window on her motivation during the Christmas broadcast in 2002 which brought a tear to my eye when it was broadcast again on Radio5Live today:

Quote:
I know that the only way to live my life is to try to do what is right, to take the long view, to give of my best in all that the day brings, and to put my trust in God... I draw strength from the message of hope in the Christian gospel.

Dear Father,
May I have the same servant heart that was demonstrated by Elizabeth. May I not just respect her stability and longevity but explore why she chose to put others before herself. Her faith in Jesus Christ as her Lord and Saviour is not incidental, may we understand as a nation how it was core to why she approached her role in the way she did.

I pray for a similar zeal to do what is right born out of understanding God's love for us, a repentance in view of our sin, saving grace stemming from an acceptance that Jesus had to die in atonement for that sin and a clear turning from that sin to live for God not self rejoicing in Christ's victory over death to earn us eternal life through His resurrection. I pray this revelation for King Charles III, William, Harry and the rest of the Windsors. May Charles renounce his desire to be 'Defender of the faiths' and commit himself to "the way, the truth and life" like his mother. She has demonstrated the benefits of a life serving you God and I thank you whole heartedly for her and what you were able to accomplish through your servant queen Liz. Amen

I think the Archbishop of York speaking during her Jubilee best summed up how we can honour her in her death:

Quote:
What I see in Her Majesty the Queen is someone who has been able to serve our nation faithfully because of her faith in Jesus Christ. Perhaps there is no better way of celebrating her Platinum Jubilee than by doing the same ourselves.

Last edited by BigD on 08-Sep-2022 at 07:55 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Karlos 
Re: Thank God for Queen Elizabeth II
Posted on 8-Sep-2022 21:12:44
#2 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

I am no Royalist. Nevertheless, the Queen has been a constant fixture my entire life. It will take some getting used to.

Hypex 
Posted on 23-Sep-2022 10:26:52
#3 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

It's only in her death that I found out about her faith. Before then I didn't see it mentioned much. And it looks quite more in depth than just a superficial faith the media would portray. Now the parade is over. R.I.P.

sewos 
Posted on 22-Nov-2022 19:03:07
#4 ]

thats true... moving situation...

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle