Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 124 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  24 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  3 hrs 8 mins ago
 amigakit:  4 hrs 40 mins ago
 Hammer:  5 hrs 30 mins ago
 Rob:  6 hrs 8 mins ago
 billt:  6 hrs 16 mins ago
 amigang:  6 hrs 27 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  6 hrs 29 mins ago
 agami:  6 hrs 53 mins ago
 matthey:  6 hrs 59 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Is Genesi still intrested in Amiga market?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 )
PosterThread
Zardoz 
Re: Is Genesi still intrested in Amiga market?
Posted on 13-May-2006 14:24:41
#401 ]
Team Member

@Atheist

Quote:
Well let's see. Buy Amiga IP on Dec. 31, 1999 for 3 to 5 million $* to make $4.50 x ~1500 = $6,750* in June 2006.... would make Amiga Inc. the most generous corporation (or should I call them a charity) in the history of Capitalism.

While spending 3-5 million USD and get no profits whatsoever makes them the most incompetent corporation in the history of capitalism

Profile     Report this post  
itix 
Posted on 13-May-2006 15:10:05
#402 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

I dont think McEwen and co. were spending their own money. Maybe a little but usually money is coming from venture capitalists, perhaps from your insurance company.

If McEwen was sharing his precious money with us he would be a communist

Anonymous 
Posted on 13-May-2006 16:07:49
# ]

Hi AMiGR, itix,

Maybe I don't care about Amiga at all, I just come here for the comedy.

That's hilarious stuff!*

!

* This applies to hundreds of other posts.

Report this post  
hatschi 
Re: Is Genesi still intersted in Amiga market?
Posted on 13-May-2006 16:18:58
#404 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls
Quote:
I've never quite understood the rationale that if I've not seen it, it doesn't exist.

Eh, that rationale "might" have something to do with Amiga history.
Btw, people also might get suspicious when someone makes an announcement to announce something and then decides to remain silent about it, ignoring any question that were raised.

ackcontrls 
Posted on 13-May-2006 17:25:59
#405 ]

@hatschi

Quote:

hatschi wrote:
@ackcontrls
Quote:
I've never quite understood the rationale that if I've not seen it, it doesn't exist.

Eh, that rationale "might" have something to do with Amiga history.
Btw, people also might get suspicious when someone makes an announcement to announce something and then decides to remain silent about it, ignoring any question that were raised.

I physically don't have time to answer everyones individual questions.

ACK

hatschi 
Posted on 13-May-2006 18:01:01
#406 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls
Quote:

I have no doubts about that. Answering just some very basic questions that were already asked multiple times would be absolutely sufficient. (e.g. what MiniPCI-gfx card will be used, if Mediator compatibility can be attained, how stand-alone functionality is exactly achieved). Nobody knows if the specs listed in the SAFIR "interview" are still valid, or if there have been further changes. On Amiga.org, you asked about the interest without further specifying what the PV will offer.

Further, I still don't understand why you skipped the news release that was planned for the same day - and, if there are reasons, why can't you tell us about it?

ackcontrls 
Posted on 13-May-2006 19:09:21
#407 ]

@hatschi

Quote:

hatschi wrote:
@ackcontrls
Quote:

I have no doubts about that. Answering just some very basic questions that were already asked multiple times would be absolutely sufficient. (e.g. what MiniPCI-gfx card will be used, if Mediator compatibility can be attained, how stand-alone functionality is exactly achieved). Nobody knows if the specs listed in the SAFIR "interview" are still valid, or if there have been further changes. On Amiga.org, you asked about the interest without further specifying what the PV will offer.

Further, I still don't understand why you skipped the news release that was planned for the same day - and, if there are reasons, why can't you tell us about it?

I don't always read every single posting and am likely to miss a question or two. Regarding the Mini-PCI slot GFX. There will be a Radeon Mobility 7500/9000 based product released after the PV. The PV works with the Mediator and a driver for OS4 has been written for it. Regarding stand-alone capability, it is implemented using a carrier board that the PV plugs into. The primary purpose of the carrier board is to supply power to the PV.

ACK

samo79 
Posted on 13-May-2006 19:17:51
#408 ]
Elite Member

@itix

Quote:

LOL, i don't think so, he is American

http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz 1 GB Ram + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6

T_Bone 
Posted on 13-May-2006 19:20:40
#409 ]
Elite Member

@AMiGR

Quote:

AMiGR wrote:
@Atheist

Quote:
Well let's see. Buy Amiga IP on Dec. 31, 1999 for 3 to 5 million $* to make $4.50 x ~1500 = $6,750* in June 2006.... would make Amiga Inc. the most generous corporation (or should I call them a charity) in the history of Capitalism.

While spending 3-5 million USD and get no profits whatsoever makes them the most incompetent corporation in the history of capitalism

Yep, what it comes down to is either find a way to make a little $$ licensing the name, NOW, while there are people with products that could benefit from it ready to roll NOW, or wait and probably never see a dime.

herewegoagain 
Posted on 14-May-2006 2:54:22
#410 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

Quote:

Perhaps we should throw ourselves to the floor, ala "Wayne's World", chanting "We're not worthy, we're not worthy!..."

* Remember to factor in, what was the American dollar worth then, compared to now!!!!

Well, assuming that was all that they ever intended to sell, yeah, that would be very stupid.... But that's not the point now is it? The point is, when you invest capital into a business, you are ALWAYS going to be in the red until you generate enough product and sales to put you into the black. That's common sense. And you are not going to make your business jump into the black instantly by over charging everyone on the early sales.

So what's better.... $50.00 X 1500 units sold= $75,000? Then what? If that pricing puts the end product into a price range that the average possible consumer will likely not buy it, then it means nothing. Or what if they went the low end of $5.00 X 50,000 units sold... then we are looking at $250,000. Not as much on each copy sold, but look how much more money was obtained, and look at how much more the market has grown. This same market that is now a potential for additional products you may offer (AmigaAnywhere and such) as well as additional OS upgrades.

Those are totally fictionaly numbers, but you should be able to see the point.

Colin_Camper 
Posted on 16-May-2006 16:47:16
#411 ]

@ackcontrls

I hope you're right about timescales - let's hope!

Quote:
I don't always read every single posting and am likely to miss a question or two. Regarding the Mini-PCI slot GFX. There will be a Radeon Mobility 7500/9000 based product released after the PV. The PV works with the Mediator and a driver for OS4 has been written for it. Regarding stand-alone capability, it is implemented using a carrier board that the PV plugs into. The primary purpose of the carrier board is to supply power to the PV.

This sounds cool. I know many people including myself are after a pv to run in a desktop A1200 - would these graphics cards be available quite quickly? Thanks!

Darth_X 
Posted on 16-May-2006 18:48:41
#412 ]
Elite Member

@AMiGR

Quote:

AMiGR wrote:

Commodore went from having $1 billion in the bank to bankrupcy. ( Wasn't this the theme of a song 'chicken lips blues'?)

Last edited by Darth_X on 16-May-2006 at 06:56 PM.

Darth_X 
Posted on 16-May-2006 18:58:35
#413 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

Atheist wrote:
Perhaps we should throw ourselves to the floor, ala "Wayne's World", chanting "We're not worthy, we're not worthy!..."

You must be refering to amiga.org

Darth_X 
Posted on 16-May-2006 19:01:21
#414 ]
Elite Member

@samo79

Quote:

samo79 wrote:
@itix

Quote:

"If you are an american and your name is Bill, you might be a..." (quick, someone fill in the blank!)

samface 
Posted on 16-May-2006 19:16:36
#415 ]

@samo79

Quote:

samo79 wrote:
@itix

Quote:

Communism, just like capitalism, is a political ideology, not a national identity. Believe it or not, there are american communists, even if they are few.

Last edited by samface on 16-May-2006 at 07:17 PM.

MINDRELEASE.net - The Non-Commercial Network of Digital Arts.

Samworks D & C - Professional Web Development (in Swedish)

T_Bone 
Posted on 16-May-2006 19:32:05
#416 ]
Elite Member

@samface

Quote:

samface wrote:

Communism, just like capitalism, is a political ideology, not a national identity. Believe it or not, there are american communists, even if they are few.

Shhhhh! Don't name names! You'll get blacklisted from Hop Sings!!!!

/seinfeld

Hitback 
Posted on 16-May-2006 21:27:47
#417 ]

@ackcontrls

thank you for showing up Adam as you may not be aware of your product PV is look as one of the most anticipated amiga os periphials since well since the Amiga it's self. You have drawn a large amount of interest-in case you have not notice for your product.

There are a few hundred if not about a 1000 people who want more info and may just buy this board if it materializes.

Now I know you have been busy and holding down a real job that pays the bills but Adam try to understand - that when you make a statment that you will announce something to us a day later- you have put us on the edged of our seats and we expext a follow through. We all wanted to know what the annocment was- that is all so if you are able to say so please do!! If not just tell us that you are not ready to because there was a delay or I was not able to get this part or Bill Gates showed up or something. We want to at least get a quick blurp like still working out kinks or just shurnk wrap the first board-
something we can at least know you are working on it or that a certain condition has changed. or you quit all together.

Last edited by Hitback on 16-May-2006 at 09:32 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle