Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 118 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

amigakit

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  4 mins ago
 Hammer:  5 mins ago
 pixie:  7 mins ago
 kolla:  20 mins ago
 kriz:  29 mins ago
 clint:  30 mins ago
 Birbo:  44 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 59 mins ago
 bhabbott:  2 hrs 27 mins ago
 Beajar:  4 hrs 10 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  A-EON Technology Website
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
TrevorDick 
Re: A-EON Technology Website
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 9:46:44
#141 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
t's a LOT better than the original teaser website with it's weird colour schemes! It's definitely a 'work in progress' and will no doubt get better. But it really is great to get a feel for the AOS 4.x style windows and I'm sure ex-Amigans will enjoy the novelty! The limited information available is interestingly positioned in that fun 'BoingBall' click-out bar and the information is well presented and concise. Also, it allows A-EON to collect contact information to send out email updates! The website does everything they NEED it to right now! Until the product is finalised for release little else is required. I see no reason for over-hyping this product until they have a fixed release date! The Website show that work is progressing and that this is a serious product. I also like the way the information is written. It is almost as if A-EON is building itself a Company Personality that is easy going, technically well informed but with an over ruling sense of fun and with a focus on computers as a fun hobby rather than an industrial work horse. Not since the 'ClickBoom' woman have I enjoyed the presentation as much as the message

Thank you I couldn't have said it better myself. The website is obviously not the finished product but meant as a fun stopgap while we concentrate on the more important task of producing the hardware. As I said previously you can't please everyone but as long as most Amigans enjoy the website experience then IMHO it's job well done.

TrevorD

PS I'll pay you the money later

Last edited by TrevorDick on 15-Apr-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
AmigaBlitter 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 9:51:31
#142 ]
Elite Member

@Hans

Quote:
Clutter up the screen, and you risk having newcomers leave because they missed the dock tab and didn't know what to do next.

In that case a simple flashing or blinking button could solve this problem.

peterray 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 10:37:19
#143 ]

Well done A-Eon !
I really like the site, and the informations.

bitman 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 10:38:38
#144 ]
Cult Member

@Hans

I overlooked the Boing-bar at the first visit.

DAX 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 11:49:13
#145 ]
Elite Member

@thread
Love the site, very original (those OS4 draggable and resizable windows are very cool).
Can't wait for the full unveiling!

KimmoK 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 12:25:32
#146 ]
Elite Member

@bitman

"Boing-bar"

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

damocles 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 12:50:03
#147 ]

@bitman

Quote:
I overlooked the Boing-bar at the first visit.

Shouldn't that be "Amigo staff"?

bitman 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 12:57:23
#148 ]
Cult Member

@KimmoK

Yes, cheers

Mechanic 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 13:19:19
#149 ]
Elite Member

@persia

Quote:

persia wrote:
It's an ugly site. I had a couple web designers in my office today,

Did they remember to FLUSH before they left.

winnetcom 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 13:54:40
#150 ]

@TrevorDick

I like the new site. Your web guys did a nice job for a start. Keep the info. coming...

kadenaa 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 14:14:49
#151 ]

@Mechanic

Quote:
@persia Quote:
persia wrote: It's an ugly site. I had a couple web designers in my office today,
Did they remember to FLUSH before they left.

I'll have to remember that one. Love don't go into my office I had a couple designers in there and the big one will not flush.

Kad.

tokai 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 14:23:28
#152 ]

I really don't want to sound like a blue troll, but I probably will do now.

Is it just me or is this new site really just crap; design, concept and content wise? Maybe that's the idea behind it; make it look really ugly and let it be completely useless and pointless to get some attention?

It looks to me like someone tried to put every silly effect he/she could find on the internet together to 'A Something'. It just doesn't work out, IMHO.

regards,
tokai

kadenaa 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 14:33:01
#153 ]

@TrevorDick

I'd just like to add my voice to the like tally. I saw this a a fun teaser with its OS4 styling. It made me smile when the first window came up and made me think A-EON are people who are about fun and enjoyment of computing. I did not see this as the final corporate face of A-EON that will be in place when the X1000 is shipping and all information is available. I also had no trouble registering with Firefox 3 and Karmic and had no problems navigating the site and I liked the dock like control.
I also prefer emails for information predominately as they are easy to read at work. I don't currently subscribe to any RSS feeds and getting an email is just way easier for me.
I am very much looking to getting an X1000 when released and being able to run OS4.

Kad.

Framiga 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 14:36:48
#154 ]
Elite Member

@tokai

Quote:
I really don't want to sound like a blue troll, but I probably will do now.

naaaa! your not blue at all!

amigang 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 14:39:54
#155 ]
Elite Member

@MacSociety

Quote:
By the way, I would love a dock in OS 4 for X1000 that looks like the "While you are waiting" dock on the web site.

I have to agree would love this type of feature/dock on the AmigaOS.

Also on the whole website issue I can see where some people are coming from, but to me its a fun grate site and besides there nothing stopping you from making a amiga web site.

In fact I got so fed up with the fact that amiga.com had so little info on what was going on (now dead!) and the fact that Hyperion and Acube coverage of AmigaOS on there web site is very limiting I would take it on my self to develop my own site, well update my old AmigaNG site, I decided not to really worry about it working on Amiga computers and just try and target everyone else at the same time I done this to improve my web skill because I have never done a CSS site before and it taking a while to get to grips with, the site is still in development and doesn't quite work on internet explorer but I'm working on.
www.amigang.com

Last edited by amigang on 15-Apr-2010 at 02:40 PM.

kadenaa 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 14:43:04
#156 ]

@tokai

Quote:
Is it just me or is this new site really just crap; design, concept and content wise? Maybe that's the idea behind it; make it look really ugly and let it be completely useless and pointless to get some attention?

No its not just you and if you read the rest of this thread you would see that. Still you would also see you are in the minority too, as I and most people who have expressed an opinion seemed to have liked it and seen it as a bit of fun. Perhaps you don't like fun or don't find OS4 fun? Ah well we can not all like everything.
Still you can just say you don't like it and explain why. Saying it's crap, ugly, useless etc. does indeed make you sound like troll. Saying things like I found it unintuitive to use due to the placement of X or I thought the colours used in A & B did not go together and would have looked better with colours U & V. This would make you sound like someone who had something real to say rather than someone who wants to say something negative but can't even be bothered to think of something negative to say.

Kad.

kadenaa 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 14:55:44
#157 ]

@TheBlueTrolls

Do you honestly think jumping in to every thread just to complain about the state of everything OS4 is going to cause people to dump OS4 and come over to the blue side? I can honestly say that with the examples of the sort of behaviour from the blue camp lately I lost any interest I would have had with trying MorphOS. Now I am sure there may well be many reasonable people in the MorphOS camp but I don't see them posting reasonable comments here. All I see is every MorphOS user would rather drive people away from the Amigaish platforms rather than have them use OS4. This is very sad for MorphOS and I think says a lot for that platform. Not that long ago it would be MorphOS is better because we have this or this is faster or looks better. Now we just get this website looks ugly or OS4 devs must be lazy. Has MorphOS really got nothing left to boast about? That is indeed sad. Ah well guess I'll not be missing out by not trying it if it gets ported to the X1000.

Kad.

tokai 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 15:08:45
#158 ]

@kadenaa

Quote:

Still you can just say you don't like it and explain why. Saying it's crap, ugly, useless etc. does indeed make you sound like troll. Saying things like I found it unintuitive to use due to the placement of X or I thought the colours used in A & B did not go together and would have looked better with colours U & V. This would make you sound like someone who had something real to say rather than someone who wants to say something negative but can't even be bothered to think of something negative to say.

The problem is I can't point out single things that are crap; because the thing as a whole is uber-crap. This needs to be redone from scratch by someone who actually has a clue about design and a common sense of style, IMHO. As you see that makes it impossible for me to point out specific things that could be improved. Like 99% of the Amiga freeware/ hobby programmers out there have a better looking and more useful website.

But if the idea is to make it as bad as possible to get attention then this is probably working great. Even I wasted my time here to respond about it, as you can see.

F.ex. I do not like the design of http://www.morphos-team.net either (too Apple.com clone'ish; too bright; not well enough structured content, etc.; as you see here I can point out a few specific things); but it's millions times better than what I can see on this a-eon site which really is just a design cluster f*ck.

Last edited by tokai on 15-Apr-2010 at 03:10 PM.

cha05e90 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 15:17:42
#159 ]

@tokai

Ach, Christian...

Antique 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 15:23:50
#160 ]
Cult Member

@tokai

Wow. What a constructive answer.
But it's really good we have you,since you're an expert on this.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle