Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 158 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Gunnar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  4 mins ago
 OlafS25:  11 mins ago
 pixie:  12 mins ago
 Rob:  26 mins ago
 blmara:  52 mins ago
 miggymac:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 3 mins ago
 DWolfman:  4 hrs 12 mins ago
 cncparts:  5 hrs 46 mins ago
 saipaman4366:  6 hrs 32 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  LoViewThumb - TUTORIAL - Easly multirenaming and numberizing multiple pictures
Register To Post

Poll : That Tutorial was usefull?
Yes!
NO!
Dont care...
Ops....I click on wrong topic...

PosterThread
Tuxedo 
LoViewThumb - TUTORIAL - Easly multirenaming and numberizing multiple pictures
Posted on 26-Jun-2015 20:59:54
#1 ]
Elite Member

Hi guys!
Probably not all of you know that LoViewThumb comes with an handy multirenaming/numberizing feature for everyone to easly catolgue many images...
I'll try to explain here how to do and plz feel free to ask everything you have in mind since due to my poor english that will be much than a real Tutorial some sort of walkthroguht in the function that will gro up answering to users questions and ideas!
Lets start!

1 - Open your favorite folder of images with the LoViewThumb "Open Dir"
2 - Use the "Numberize" (LMB) button to numberize the photos to preserve image timeline

Now your images was numerized from oldest to newest so you can change the names without problem aslo if you like to put same name for more tan one file -

TIP: if you have to suspend your work or get some weird system crash you can continue your multi-renaming work simply reopening the directory where the images was stored and than press again on numberize button (LMB) to choose "PREVIOUSLY Numberized" to tell LoViewThumb that the images was already numberize so the program have to work on them considering to ignore the numberized first part of the names while renaimng...

TIP2: you also can remove numberization with RightMouseClick on numberization button and chooisng "Remove file numberization"

Note: Also consider to dont play with numberization too much...use it only for the reason it was created so press the button only once per session if possible...

3 - now you can easly rename your pics selecting the images to rename using RightMouseButton(I remember you that clicking with left mouse button you open the image under LoView) or the "Select PATTERN" button or playing with "Select ALL" "Select TOGGLE" buttons and pressing on the "Rename" button to easly rename ALL in once the selected images or you can also rename each image selected separately if you like.

3a - You can also rename images without file Numberzation in that case if you choose same name for all the pictures LoView will automatically rename each picture with same name but will add a numberization for the renamed picture appended at the end of the file name..

Ok thats all I think, any question, suggestion or any feedback was really appreciated!
In the lastest LoView Suite release(2.90) I've reworked that functions to become more user friendly and I think that was rather usefull or at least to me was really usefull and easy to use...

Profile     Report this post  
Severin 
Re: LoViewThumb - TUTORIAL - Easly multirenaming and numberizing multiple pictures
Posted on 27-Jun-2015 10:54:21
#2 ]
Elite Member

@Tuxedo

LoViewThumb is getting better

One thing I would like to see is a batch rotate option, just a simple 90° clockwise(right) or anticlockwise(left). eg. choose some thumbs, click a batch rotate gadget, choose the diection and let it get on with it.

Edit: A small bug...

I set the tooltypes to:

WINDOW_WIDTH=1920
WINDOW_HEIGHT=1080
WINDOW_X=0
WINDOW_Y=0

It only opened a window 1879x1017.

Last edited by Severin on 27-Jun-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Visit the Official OS4 Support Site for more help.

It may be that your sole purpose is to serve as a warning to others.

Tuxedo 
Re: LoViewThumb - TUTORIAL - Easly multirenaming and numberizing multiple pictures
Posted on 27-Jun-2015 11:39:43
#3 ]
Elite Member

@Severin

Thank you for feature request.

The resize issue wasnt a bug but a feature...LoVieThumb always resize window to avoid blank spaces according to thumb defined size...

Severin 
Posted on 27-Jun-2015 18:49:05
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Tuxedo

Quote:

Tuxedo wrote:
@Severin
The resize issue wasnt a bug but a feature...LoVieThumb always resize window to avoid blank spaces according to thumb defined size...

Ah, ok... shudder... Not the way I would have done it but your choice...

Tuxedo 
Posted on 27-Jun-2015 19:12:14
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Severin

well...two choice:

1 - resize window relatively thumb sizes
2 - resize thumb sizes relatively window size

I preferred point 1...

In what way do you like window resize?

Last edited by Tuxedo on 27-Jun-2015 at 07:56 PM.

broadblues 
Posted on 28-Jun-2015 1:13:25
#6 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Tuxedo

Choice 3 add border around outer edge to even out the excess window size verses thumbs size

Tuxedo 
Posted on 28-Jun-2015 8:06:27
#7 ]
Elite Member

@broadblues

Honestly dont like that since in that way I get blank borders...however I think that was point of views...

Last edited by Tuxedo on 28-Jun-2015 at 08:07 AM.

gurus2000 
Posted on 2-Jul-2015 18:42:59
#8 ]

@Tuxedo

Hi Tuxedo, the new version sounds very interesting! I'm at holiday at this moment and the weather is very beautiful , so I can't tested it in the last days. But I hope I can test it tomorrow or this weekend.

See you, Heiko

Severin 
Posted on 2-Jul-2015 20:07:00
#9 ]
Elite Member

@Tuxedo

Choice 4. space out thumbs evenly over the users preferred window size.

Tuxedo 
Posted on 2-Jul-2015 20:22:42
#10 ]
Elite Member

@Severin & broadblues

Ok, I'll look at that in the future.

@gurus2000

Happy testing! Let me know how it works

gurus2000 
Posted on 4-Jul-2015 17:17:14
#11 ]

@Tuxedo

The numberize function in the thumber is very nice! But I can't use the Prev Numberized button, because the # is deactivated after numberizing. I have to choose my pic folder again to reload it, and then the # button is activated. But then the Prev Numberizing function doesn't work anymore :(
By the way: I think we need a reload/refresh button, e.g. when I rename a pic manually, to sort the dir new. What do you think?

Heiko

Tuxedo 
Posted on 6-Jul-2015 12:26:42
#12 ]
Elite Member

@gurus2000

I choosed that behaviour since file numberization was a bit risky...and also if you use it you dont need it anymore probably so reload the pics to remove the file numberization wasnt so boring since really not done so often(probably quite never)...so taht behaviour was much safer than to have Numberization button always on...

Maybe it can change in future who knows...

gurus2000 
Posted on 6-Jul-2015 16:42:31
#13 ]

@Tuxedo

But what is the exactly function of PREVIOUSLY NUMBERIZED? I can use it before I use the numberize function, but nothing happens. After numberizing I have to reload the dir to use the PREVIOUSLY NUMBERIZED function, but nothing happens, too. I thought this function renames my pics with the names they had before the numberizing!?

And again: I hope we get a reload button to reload the actual dir. Sometimes I rename pics or edited it with ArtEffect or something else and wanna see the new ones. Now I have to use the open dir button and click the ok button to reload the dir. A single button for reloading were nice :)

Tuxedo 
Posted on 11-Jul-2015 20:06:10
#14 ]
Elite Member

@gurus2000

The exact behaviour of the "PREVIOUSLY NUMBERIZED" button was to use it to resume your multi-rename session preserving numberized suffix.

If you dont tell LoViewThumb that you have loaded a numberized list of picutres when you multi-rename pics you lost the suffix wioth the numbers...

LoViewThumb cant know that you have loaded a numberized list of picture if you dont tell him...

After you tell LoViewThumb taht pics was already numberized you can also remove numerization, remove numberization or multi-rename pics without loose the numberization suffix...

The numberized button was disabled after using it for security reasons...

For the reload button I'll consider it in future...

Thank you and hope that now that function was more clear...if you(or someone else) have any other question feel free to ask!

gurus2000 
Posted on 12-Jul-2015 7:57:37
#15 ]

@Tuxedo

Thanks for the declaration. Please try this:

1.) I have a dir with 3 pics. Load it with LoViewThumb and click at the # button with the left mouse button. Now you get 01, 02 and 03. The # button is disabled. Reload the dir and click at the # button with the right mouse button. Now the "Remove file numberization" works fine. When I have to use "The files loaded was already numberized"?

2.) After numberizing and removing the numberizing, please numberize the pics again. Then the names are 1, 2 and 3. The first time it was 01, 02 and 03.

3.) Remove one of the three pics from the list. Numberize the pics and reload the dir to get the third pic back. Now the "Previously..." button has no function! When I understand it right, then the third pic should rename to 03?!

Tuxedo 
Posted on 12-Jul-2015 13:47:55
#16 ]
Elite Member

@gurus2000

hi!

1 - Sorry I have explained bad last time probably...the exact use of the "PREVIOUSLY NUMBERIZED" button was only to resume multi-rename session...
To remove file numberization, that was supposed that will be chosen only if the files was already numberized, so the program assumes that the files was numberized itself no need to specify that...

2 - that was a stupid bug no its solved, happens because the remove numberize button puts at zero a var that have to stay with its original value...

3 - no, that wasnt the meaning of the button...the "previously numberized" button hve to be used to "resume" a rename session it wont check if the fiels was numberized or not...imagine that:

a - you have 2000 pics from yuor last trip in Japan
b - you numerized them to have an exact chronogical order also after rename them
c - you start rename the pics but you have to stop since you are late or have to go out for some reason so shutdown LoViewThumb and your computer...

d - you come back home and want to continue rename session and turn on Amiga/LoViewThumb
e - now if you simply select pic(s) and will rename it(them) you have to rewrite all name and also number instead only name and preserve automatically numerize...so you have to press the (in)famous button and tell LoViewThumb that the files loaded was already numberized so you can continue like you never stopped..

That behaviour was need to me since LoViewThumb make all actions realtime so avery time you numberize/rename/or so some pics it was imediately wrote on HDD...so after numberizing you have to only rename if possible...for example if you will delete a pic from the list you can continue rename but the number that you deleted was lost(so if you want continuosly numbers the delete action have to be done before numberizing)...

I know that wasnt exactly so user friendly but since I made the program primarly for myself, for me was usefull also in that way...

Hope that now all was clear but if not ask again :)

gurus2000 
Posted on 19-Jul-2015 18:46:47
#17 ]

@Tuxedo

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I haven't time at this moment to test it again. But I hope I can test it soon.

Severin 
Posted on 19-Jul-2015 19:28:32
#18 ]
Elite Member

@Tuxedo

Maybe you should change "PREVIOUSLY NUMBERIZED" to one of:

(continue|resume) (sequence|numbering|number sequence)

I personally prefer "Resume Numbering", it says exactly what it does and it avoids the word "numberize" (US spelling) or "numberise" (real English).

or if you want silly try:

"Continue to advance the previously stopped file numberiseificationalosity from the peak of detectifiable numberyness".

Tuxedo 
Posted on 19-Jul-2015 20:01:20
#19 ]
Elite Member

@gurus2000

ok! lets tell me if all was ok when you have time

@Severin

Yes, you are right...
my bad english...sorry!

After summer(until mid september for one or another reason I've no time) I'll maybe put hands on LoView and change that tiny things...

Meantime Hope that no important bugs discovered...

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle