Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 135 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 sibbi:  5 mins ago
 vox:  9 mins ago
 kolla:  19 mins ago
 Mr_DBUG:  20 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 saimo:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  1 hr 29 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 51 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Just rumours?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
pavlor 
Re: Just rumours?
Posted on 10-Jan-2016 16:17:19
#21 ]
Elite Member

@alef

Quote:
I heard it from the ceo

Is this some sort of PR campaign?

Profile     Report this post  
OneTimer1 
Posted on 10-Jan-2016 16:48:29
#22 ]
Cult Member

@alef

Quote:

Rumours are telling that Commodore and Amiga have been working backstage
in a joint future of reestablshing the old Firm named Commodore Amiga.

I you want to judge the reality behind a message you need something to prove it.

If you are interested on the judgement of the people in this forum you should post a link or the source of the rumours you are talking from.

Maybe you where fouled by some old pages on the internet or someone told you stories to fool you.

amigang 
Posted on 10-Jan-2016 17:25:06
#23 ]
Elite Member

I was surprised by how a generic android phone that just happened to have Commodore branding got so much coverage on the internet and on tech sites, so the brand is still worth something. If only someone who really respected the brand, its roots and the current community got ownership it would be nice, but I suspect its going to be just passed around to one bad idea to the next.

number6 
Posted on 10-Jan-2016 17:32:32
#24 ]
Elite Member

@alef

Quote:
I heard it from the ceo

Which CEO of which company (Commodore or Amiga)?

(1)Mr. Ebben or Mr. Hoogstrate

(2)Massimo Canigiani or Paolo Besser

(3)Whomever is claiming the current title of CEO at Amiga Inc.

If you choose (2) then you should refer to:

Quote:
Last news about this Kickstarter project, C= Holdings B.V. has requested to not use the Commodore brand on it. Dallas published the letter he received from C= Holdings B.V., here you can read it:

Dallas Moore about 22 hours ago

I agree with everything you guys are saying! But the object of this project was to get the molds back to work and with your help we have accomplished that task. I did get a letter from from the trademark holder of the word "Commodore" and after talking to my attorney we decided it was not worth the chance. Trying to be 100% transparent here is the letter I received.

Dear Sirs:

Re: Cease and Desist Use of `Commodore` Trademark

C= Holdings B.V. is the registered holder of the "Commodore" trademark.

The "Commodore" trademark is protected by numerous trademark registrations, including the registration under number 1251535 with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

Dallas Moore is advertising and promoting its products under the "Commodore" trademark without the agreement of C= Holdings B.V.

Kickstarter and Facebook are allowing their facilities to be used for Dallas Moore to advertise and promote its products under the "Commodore" trademark without the agreement of C= Holdings B.V.

C= Holdings B.V. hereby demands that Dallas Moore immediately cease and desist from advertising and promoting its products under the "Commodore" trademark.

C= Holdings B.V. hereby demands that Kickstarter and Facebook immediately cease and desist from allowing their facilities to be used by Dallas Moore to advertise and promote its products under the "Commodore" trademark.

In the event that the demands herein of C= Holdings B.V. are not immediately complied with, C= Holdings B.V. will initiate legal proceedings to enforce its rights and seek compensation.

Govern yourself accordingly.

I wish this did not happen, and I wish I could change it, but the goal was to get the cases made and that process is happening. I have already spent a good amount of money to get the project to this point, and if the Kickstarter was cancelled I would be on the line for a lot more. So I decided to make the changes and pick my battles.

Thank You for Understanding
Dallas Moore

Source

btw-the people who made the cases (above) had since posted about having an Amiga license from Amiga Inc. as well, which resulted in this:

Reminder: Enhanced new A1200 cases (Kickstarter)

C=Holdings B.V. != Massimo, Paolo, and CommodoreSmart/Commodore Business
Machines LTD.

Paolo has an account on AW and posts here, so maybe he'll clarify this for you, if you chose (2).

paolone 
Posted on 26-Mar-2017 21:20:48
#25 ]

@number6

(2) New CEO of Commodore Business Machines Srl is Carlo Scattolini. Before him, it was Massimo Canigiani.

The company is still active and currently planning its third device. I won't comment about the company because it would not be fair (there are things I like and other I don't), nor I can really say something about the brand, since there are professionals handling this topic (and that's definitely something I am not expert about), what I can remind to everyone is that currently there are two Commodore(s): one frightening common people printing t-shirts or making projects on kickstarter, and another producing and selling actual products. The Leo is awesome, btw, but obviously my opinion on this matter is pointless. Regards,

Last edited by paolone on 26-Mar-2017 at 09:21 PM.

number6 
Posted on 26-Mar-2017 21:51:59
#26 ]
Elite Member

@paolone

Quote:
what I can remind to everyone is that currently there are two Commodore(s): one frightening common people printing t-shirts or making projects on kickstarter, and another producing and selling actual products.

Do you have any opinion on my post?

I realize you can not respond to:

Is there a logical response as to why a company (C=Holdings B.V.) took legal action and sent cease and desists in both 2015 & 2016, when it is claimed that they sold their interests to Polabe Holding N.V. in 2014?

So, I merely ask if you believe the links I posted were relevant and/or fair for people to read, so that they can draw their own conclusion?

Last edited by number6 on 26-Mar-2017 at 10:32 PM.

paolone 
Posted on 27-Mar-2017 7:17:18
#27 ]

@number6

I guess people should draw their own conclusion.

number6 
Posted on 27-Mar-2017 16:59:08
#28 ]
Elite Member

@paolone

Quote:
one frightening common people printing t-shirts or making projects on kickstarter

Forgive me, but I've been pretty much gone for over a year, so I have to ask...

Are you referring to:
The 64 is an unofficial reimagining of the Commodore 64?

If so, I found this just recently posted after seeing no other info through google since April of last year:
Darren Melbourne’s Interest in Retro Computers Ltd and the Vega+

RobertJDohnert 
Posted on 27-Mar-2017 17:01:39
#29 ]

@number6

Its not the real Commodore so why are they wasting our time?

WolfpackN64 
Posted on 27-Mar-2017 17:17:21
#30 ]

@RobertJDohnert

If they made an FPGA based system with only some more modern display connectors and perhaps some flash storage included it might be worth it. It's just a cheap ARM based emulation system that harps the nostalgia cords cheaply.

paolone 
Posted on 27-Mar-2017 17:59:24
#31 ]

@WolfpackN64

Quote:

WolfpackN64 wrote:
@RobertJDohnert

If they made an FPGA based system with only some more modern display connectors and perhaps some flash storage included it might be worth it. It's just a cheap ARM based emulation system that harps the nostalgia cords cheaply.

It is, indeed, a quite huge effort for normal guys. After all, this involves creating a custom keyboard, build molds, and obviously studying and realizing the software. It's a project similar to the Armiga and IMHO it deserves respect.

I wonder what people that "it's just" ever did in their life, to criticize everything.

WolfpackN64 
Posted on 27-Mar-2017 19:56:53
#32 ]

@paolone

Honestly, this project has a lot more funds and media attention then the Apollo Vampire project so I don't see any reason it isn't possible.

number6 
Posted on 27-Mar-2017 22:03:41
#33 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Replying to myself as per usual...

Quote:
Is there a logical response as to why a company (C=Holdings B.V.) took legal action and sent cease and desists in both 2015 & 2016, when it is claimed that they sold their interests to Polabe Holding N.V. in 2014?

Found a document finally with an attorney's name for Polabe:

Quote:
Name and address of the representative or correspondence address of the holder
Merkenbureau Knijff & Partners B.V.
Leeuwenveldseweg 12
1382 LX Weesp

Source

Compare with attorney for C=Holdings B.V. here:

Quote:
C= Holdings B.V., Claudius Prinsenlaan 128, 4818 CP Breda, the Netherlands (opponent), represented by Merkenbureau Knijff & Partners B.V., Leeuwenveldseweg 12, 1382 LX Weesp, the Netherlands (professional representative)

Source

In the past Commodore has established a separate shell for licensing only. In fact it was Commodore Licensing B.V. bankruptcy that spawned the legal action against Ben Van Wijhe and Asiarim, the case which resulted in C=Holdings B.V. becoming the brand and trademark owner by law. (confirmed by the SEC amongst others)

Based on the above, could it be possible that Polabe is just a newish licensing arm for C=Holdings B.V. since they won their lawsuit?

BigD 
Posted on 27-Mar-2017 22:11:48
#34 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Yawn... In case you missed it, C= died in 1994 but the good news was the Amiga survived without its parent company. End of the story on C= (unless you want a mouse mat or PC Gaming Case ).

number6 
Posted on 27-Mar-2017 22:38:40
#35 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
I feel really honored that iComp GmbH is the first company since a long time that has proven capable to fulfill all technical requirements of the licensor. I consider this as an award for the quality of our products.

Jens Schoenfeld seems to be pleased to think otherwise about a Commodore license, and he's not talking about either a mouse mat or a PC Gaming Case.

Last edited by number6 on 27-Mar-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Hypex 
Posted on 28-Mar-2017 12:59:47
#36 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Quote:
The 64 is an unofficial reimagining of the Commodore 64?

Or is it correctly called the Commodore C64? Perhaps only the Cxx model naming was used in later Commodore computers. I always seem to recall the later models having a C in the name making it harder to roll off the tongue.

cgutjahr 
Posted on 28-Mar-2017 14:39:57
#37 ]
Cult Member

@number6

Jesus Christ, I thought you finally made it out of here? Welcome back to the asylum.

Regarding Polabe/C= Holding, Schönfelds comments to our news item (all in German, sorry) back in august are interesting.

We pointed out that the alleged transfer of the rights didn't match anything else that was going on (like entries in trademark databases, or C= Holdings being the one fighting our Italian Commodore-Wannabes on the trademark front), to which Jens replied in the comments section:

Quote:

Basically, the same people are running both Polabe and Commodore Holdings B.V. - which is why they're not in a hurry to completely transfer the rights, since that costs lots of money.

Two days later, he corrected his statement:

Quote:

I have to correct myself, regarding "the people behind Polabe": my initial contact was through the commodorecorp.com website and during negotiations I had the impression both companies were run by the same people.

That is not the case. The trademark had been sold to Polabe before my initial contact, and mails to the commodorecorp.com domain are read by Polabe employees since 2014

That doesn't sound fishy at all, of course. Not to mention it doesn't address any of the questions this alleged 2014 transfer brings up.

number6 
Posted on 28-Mar-2017 15:01:10
#38 ]
Elite Member

@cgutjahr

Quote:
Jesus Christ, I thought you finally made it out of here? Welcome back to the asylum.

*cough* (sorry, I don't know what else to say)

Quote:
That doesn't sound fishy at all, of course.

Sarcasm? My...how you have changed. (evil grin)

Here's another link to follow, for what it is worth:

https://www.finactum.be/en/company/BE0553801902/Polabe+Holding+NV/

Based on the comment you posted from Jens, I'll stick with my opinion then, since I believe his "retraction" is not a retraction.

Quote:
mails to the commodorecorp.com domain are read by Polabe employees since 2014

^^THAT is a whole lot different than saying the transfer took place in 2014.

Apparently it's a private home near the beach on Aruba, btw.

OneTimer1 
Posted on 28-Mar-2017 15:20:11
#39 ]
Cult Member

@alef

There is no real Commodore and no real Amiga company, just some people owning the trademarks.

--

Sry,

I thought this was a new thread.

Last edited by OneTimer1 on 28-Mar-2017 at 04:01 PM.

number6 
Posted on 28-Mar-2017 15:27:14
#40 ]
Elite Member

@cgutjahr

Just adding another direct link concerning trademark, since we often hear about "squatters" and companies doing nothing with the trademarks.

http://www.trademarkia.com/commodore-73360490.html

Note:

Quote:
Use in Commerce Trademark - Applicant has provided proof of use of this mark in commerce to USPTO.

Here's the WIPO link mentioning both "Commodore" and "Polabe". I'm too lazy to figure out what escape characters I need to use to embed this link, so you'll have to cut this entire link, including the unhighlighted characters at the end, and paste the whole thing back into your browser.

http://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/?q={%22searches%22:[{%22te%22:%22polabe%20holding%20nv%22,%22fi%22:%22HOL%22}]}

Once there you can click on Polabe for more info.

Last edited by number6 on 28-Mar-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Last edited by number6 on 28-Mar-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle