Joined: 6-May-2007 Posts: 10092
From: Greensborough, Australia
Something is definitely wrong with my X1000 software or drivers. I just tried setting the MTU to 1492. Then downloaded Odyssey. It peaked at full speed! But then it dropped right down and didn't go back up. It was weird; it started going from 64KB, to 48KB, to 32KB and then stalled. Until starting again. The whole browser just seemed to lag after that.
I don't know if the 8139 driver is buggy or what. But I notice that even when sitting idle my CPU dock reports about 20% CPU use. An at boot up the meter peaks and can stay at peak for about 20 seconds or so. I don't know what is uisng up CPU time. I need to run a system monitor. I thought there was SysMon, but there is nothing on OS4 Depot, just a Greek catalogue for a program, that doesn't exist.
I tested Linux to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue and it worked fine. My physical connection isn't slow at all. I need to track down what is wrong with my OS4 setup.