Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 120 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

AndreasM

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 AndreasM:  4 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  29 mins ago
 Hypex:  38 mins ago
 kolla:  47 mins ago
 Gunnar:  59 mins ago
 saimo:  1 hr 47 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 6 mins ago
 OldFart:  2 hrs 6 mins ago
 _ThEcRoW:  2 hrs 26 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 53 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  How do you buy from AmiStore when it doesn't work?
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Hypex 
How do you buy from AmiStore when it doesn't work?
Posted on 9-Jul-2018 16:48:36
#1 ]
Elite Member

You read on below!

Sure my subject is a bit sarcastic. But honestly, the last two hours I've been trying to buy items off AmiStore and it just isn't working. I'm frustrated here. I don't know why a dedicated application was written when it finishes off in a web browser anyway, or so I read, but I don't even get that far. This is kind of the reverse of needing a PC to do stuff. However now AmiStore is the AmigaOS4 killer app because it is killing any way of purchasing software!

So last night I register for an AmiStore account. I get an email. I also installed it fresh on this Workbench I am using. Which for reference is FE with Update 1 from my X1000. All looked succesful.

I load up AmiStore with the hope of buying digital software. It goes through the motions and downloads a heap of stuff. I go for a browse. I also find gadgets start to malfunction. Like pressing on "Features" which wasn't a good sign. But a sign of things to come. I found I had to quit it and reopen as it kept doing this and once it started the rest of the gadgets stopped working as well.

I think anyone who has shopped with AmiStore, or rather not shopped with AmiStore like my case here, will know the problems but I will list them here so they can be dealt with.

I have to admit the sign up was slightly confusing. I signed up for AmiStore and got an email about AmiSphere. Hang on, did I miss the memo? The AmiName has changed! The email is confusng as it looks like it wants you to set a password from the context. I thought I had. It assigns you an account name so I wondered if that need a password as I expected to use the user name I told it. But it doesn't work that way. The login is the assigned user ID and your password.

Login:
Annoyingly the login window is non-system compliant and can't be pasted into. Which I wanted to do to make sure my ID was correct. You can select to save login but all it does is give you a warning about saving a login that isn't even saved.

I found that I could set off an action where it wanted to login again. This happened a lot. I don't know why one log in wasn't good enough. It was quite annoying and illogical behavour that it kept re-logging in. Why wasn't once enough when the program opened.

However it does save the login during the session until you quit it

But, I once accidently entered the wrong ID, and it didn't give a login error.

Browsing:
As mentioned earlier gadgets start to malfunction. Such as the "Feature" button. And then after the item images stop responding. Soon nothing on the right hand side works and I thought my self lucky the close gadget still worked.

Shopping Bag:
I don't know what this looks like as it doesn't work here. All it does is display ads. Where's my cart?

Buying Button:
Or so I thought. On the bottom left. But here it's as good as the Shopping button. Oh yes I forgot, it keeps logging in. And then just displays another ad.

I'm sorry to say but I'm not very impressed with it. And I really don't like admitting that. Wasn't it announced four years ago almost? What is less impressive is that all the contact links on the A-EON site do not work and just reload the main page. That isn't very good support!

I only come here because I don't know where else to get help with the problems it has. There isn't much talk about these problems either. I read to delete the ENV vars but it didn't help me. The only thing I did get working was being able to login to the A-EON site with my AmiSphere login, if that is what it is. I could edit my account and noticed my country was unset. So I set my country and saved it. But then I went back and found my country was still unset. So the website doesn't save setting either, so why am I not surprised?

Well I hope these issues can be addressed. Both for my sanity and the sake of others. I'm stuck here setting up my FE Workbench and am stuck at 1024x768. I'm about to go back to Update 6 where everything works in high resolution. Or at least it did on my XE.

Last edited by Hypex on 10-Jul-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Last edited by Hypex on 09-Jul-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
amigakit 
Re: How do you buy from AmiStore when it doesn't work?
Posted on 9-Jul-2018 16:57:41
#2 ]
Amiga Kit

@Hypex

Hi

Send me a PMail and I will look into the problems today for you.

thank you.

Spectre660 
Posted on 9-Jul-2018 17:11:19
#3 ]
Elite Member

@amigakit & Hypex

Just downloaded the Free SDK browser with the AmiStore app as a test with no problem.

Hypex 
Posted on 9-Jul-2018 17:56:44
#4 ]
Elite Member

@amigakit

What's a PMail? I've heard of a PM. As in Personal Message, but not PMail, as in Personal Mail, I guess.

Hypex 
Posted on 9-Jul-2018 17:58:56
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Spectre660

I just tried. It wanted me to "login" to download "free" software. So I did. It didn't work. It just thought for a while and then displayed more ads!

Last edited by Hypex on 09-Jul-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Spectre660 
Posted on 9-Jul-2018 18:37:46
#6 ]
Elite Member

@Hypex

I also had to sign in to download it . But it downloaded .

So something is totally messed up for you.

Quote:

Hypex wrote:
@Spectre660

I just tried. It wanted me to "login" to download "free" software. So I did. It didn't work. It just thought for a while and then displayed more ads!

severs 
Posted on 10-Jul-2018 3:29:28
#7 ]

@thread

I still can't buy or download anything from Amistore either. I had some of the same issues. AmigaKit was able to resolve the issue with the country not saving, so I can log into my profile on the Aeon site, and it is complete. But I can't do anything there, because as Hypex found the links are broken. I can run Amistore, but as soon as I try to buy or download anything, it asks for a login, then flashes a note "Checking account balance", then nothing. It's supposed to open Odyssey to a page letting you use Paypal or something to add money to your account, but mine never does that. There's a procedure you are supposed to follow to make sure https: will open in Odyssey, which I've done, to no avail. So I gave up. Maybe there's an issue with recent accounts, or perhaps the newest version of Amistore is broken, I dunno... Is there a way to revert to a previous version?

Fairdinkem 
Posted on 10-Jul-2018 8:20:00
#8 ]
Cult Member

@Thread

I have the same issue as hypex and severs.

I decided to dust off my Pegasos 2 and install the enhancer software pack, I have never found it so hard to part with my hard earned money, I jumped through all the hoops to no success, so I packed up the Pegasos 2 into storage once again to collect more dust.

I suspect it has to do with the crap state of web browsing on AmigaOS 4.x just a guess. That said AmiStore is a convoluted mess.

Spectre660 
Posted on 10-Jul-2018 8:58:47
#9 ]
Elite Member

Installed the AmsStore version from A-Eon website on a clean OS Install USB and did the SDKBrowser download again. This time on a Sam460ex .
Download worked but unpacking failed due to a missing sobj .

Your problem may be related to Router/network configuration or your ISP .

BillE 
Posted on 10-Jul-2018 10:55:09
#10 ]

I have the same sort of problems.

I did lose many of my userids and passwords a while ago but have got most of them up and running again. I did get my Amisphere details and set up a new password which works (eventually) for Updater and the AmiSphere server. Though it is supposedly the same as the login uid and password, it does not work with Amistore.

It used to always give me an error 13 Host environment not found error. That has changed, nothing to do with me BTW, so that it now goes through the motions of logging in. It checks my balance which is correctly 0, as I would normally pay when I purchase the software so why it does this I am not sure. Surley it would only need to check a balnce if you actually buy something ?

I am not able to buy anything or access the list of things I have bought, I am just asked to login again, and it goes through the same motions again - assuming I can be bothered to try to login again. Not much point as it doesn't work !

Like Hypex, I can only get the UID and password to remain saved during a session. It loses it once the programme is shut down. The user ID is not exactly memorable so I need to keep looking it up. It is stored in envarc:amisphere/username along with an encrypted password but AmiStore does not seem to be able to pick these up.

I have tried reinstalling Amistore several times but always get the same problems. A version check suggests I do have the latest version.

"severs" suggested it maybe a "country" problem but I am in the UK, he is in Oklahoma USA and Hypex in Australia. None are exactly local to each other !

I agree with Hypex that the non-standard GUI that you cannot paste to is a pain, I see that the initial problem with the slider arrows has now been fixed. Is it because the thing was written in Hollywood that it causes so many problems ? Surely something from AEON should be coded in C and use a standard Reaction GUI (even though I personally prefer MUI).

Spectre660 
Posted on 10-Jul-2018 11:05:19
#11 ]
Elite Member

@BillE

For reference are all 3 of you with the problem using X1000's ?

amigakit 
Posted on 10-Jul-2018 11:25:25
#12 ]
Amiga Kit

@BillE and @Severs

Please can you both try logging into AmiStore again and PM me with the results.

@BillE

I have checked your account and last successful login to AmiStore was about six weeks ago.

Last edited by amigakit on 10-Jul-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Last edited by amigakit on 10-Jul-2018 at 11:26 AM.

BillE 
Posted on 10-Jul-2018 11:36:03
#13 ]

@Spectre660

Quote:
For reference are all 3 of you with the problem using X1000's ?

I certainly am, and I think Hypex is too. Maybe that is the problem ?

The X1000 used to work with AmiStore though.

Last edited by BillE on 10-Jul-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Fairdinkem 
Posted on 10-Jul-2018 13:06:28
#14 ]
Cult Member

@BillE

I have the same problem and I am using a Pegasos 2 with AmigaOS 4.1 FE

severs 
Posted on 10-Jul-2018 14:29:59
#15 ]

Here's my https: URL prefs. Is this correct?

Spectre660 
Posted on 10-Jul-2018 15:36:12
#16 ]
Elite Member

@severs

Looks correct .

AmeegaGuy 
Posted on 10-Jul-2018 15:51:26
#17 ]

Is there anything on AmiStore that isn't available on the website?

That being said, is AmiStore meant to be a holdover until a web application is available? Though I'm not clear on how that would be different than just using the website. I'm just not understanding why this is a locally installed application, although in the mobile app world there are similar things, basically front-ends to a website.

Hypex 
Posted on 10-Jul-2018 16:52:03
#18 ]
Elite Member

@Everyone.

Good news everyone!

AmigaKit was able to to reset my account so the AmiStore is now working for me.

The password was reset I was told, though the strange thing is, I didn't receive a password reset email notification. However, I logged onto the A-EON site, with my normal AmiSphere login and password. And my country details were saved and set.

I then opened up AmiStore. Tried to log in as usual but noticed sometihng had changed. It stopped trying to log in all the time and seemed to be working!

I then was able to add a few items to my bag. Even though I got a confusing error about not having credit. Perhaps if it added to cart instead it would understand the normal way of online shopping.

I go to check out and as expected it needed to go to a browser. At this point I wonder why it isn't all integrated and why AmiStore doesn't do the process for you? Surely a web browsing engine could be built in? It already looks strange with a normal window border and normal requesters that don't match the program.

I didn't have Odyssey setup in URL Prefs so just got it to open in OWB then copied and pasted the URL into Odyssey. This loaded fine.

I paid with PayPal and all was good. Note that I had previously upgraded to the latest AmiSSL just to be sure.

In summary:

In closing:
Try these steps.

1. PM AmigaKit about your AmiStore issue. Unlike me, LOL, remember to give them your AmiSphere login ID and email. Request account reset. But the "phantom" account reset I got. Where my password still worked.

2. Wait for confirmation back from AmigaKit.

3. Attempt to log into A-EON and check account. Confirm country is set. If that matters.

4. Attempt to use AmiStore and hopefully it works for you at this point.

amigakit 
Posted on 10-Jul-2018 16:52:58
#19 ]
Amiga Kit

OK, it seems like Hypex problem is solved now and he can log in and purchase fine. I am not sure why it suddenly worked but he is happy.

@severs

I have sent you PM reply- hope to get you up and running too.

@Fairdinkem

Send me a PM with full description step by step on what is happening so i can help you too.

Fairdinkem 
Posted on 11-Jul-2018 5:52:33
#20 ]
Cult Member

@amigakit

I have put my computer into storage due to moving house, when I unpack it I will contact you for support.

Thank you.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle