Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 166 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  22 mins ago
 pixie:  23 mins ago
 BigD:  50 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 AndreasM:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 6 mins ago
 Swisso:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 amigang:  3 hrs 17 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  AROS Software
      /  Get ready for 64-bit Amigas!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread
OlafS25 
Re: Get ready for 64-bit Amigas!
Posted on 19-Feb-2021 12:10:20
#181 ]
Elite Member

@OneTimer1

I make a news from it on all forums ;)

Profile     Report this post  
terminills 
Posted on 19-Feb-2021 15:17:16
#182 ]
AROS Core Developer

@OlafS25

Quote:

by OlafS25 on 19-Feb-2021 7:09:45

@terminills

He can express views even if you do not agree to it. Becoming personal strikes back at the person spreading that on public forums...

Personal views are one thing but acting like they're a fact is another.

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

OlafS25 
Posted on 19-Feb-2021 15:24:21
#183 ]
Elite Member

@terminills

if you disagree you can correct him and write why he is wrong and what has been done. But not in this tone. Or do you in normal life speak that way too?

terminills 
Posted on 19-Feb-2021 17:16:11
#184 ]
AROS Core Developer

@OlafS25

Quote:
if you disagree you can correct him and write why he is wrong and what has been done. But not in this tone. Or do you in normal life speak that way too?

Actually, I most certainly don't wear kid gloves IRL. You may not agree with my tone which is fine.

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

Hypex 
Posted on 20-Feb-2021 15:39:49
#185 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
I think the show stoper number one for me, is just downloading some and be able to run configure, or this build system, and do it natively on AmigaOS, being able compile and change something and test it rapidly, is the key to being able to work efficiently, and actually getting things done.

I quite agree. Whenever I've tried to compile a port to OS4 it always breaks. Sometimes it tends to be the sh interpreter or the base tools breaking on path conventions. Everytime I try a configure it goes so far then starts asking for weird directory names. Apart from that it can fail to delete folders for the aforementioned reason then refuse to go futher. And it hasn't even tried to compile anything yet. Related to this is CMake. I once need to get the latest CMake OS4 build installed. But it needed all these sobjects that were not included and some were hard to find. To get it working I had to hack some sobjects into my system and kas1e is still talking about it!

I have set up a cross compiler on Linux and mostly because you just can't just port software to OS4 alone. Some takes a lot of work still to compile and even then it might not work. I think it was FreeCiv I was compiling one time. I got assistance to get it built (MickJT? IIRC) then it just didn't work. Loaded up but was faulty. Not sure but it may have been a threading issue. It may have been written for common threads but because OS4 doesn't have real threads it breaks.

There are other things like GDB I wanted to get working again. But it only gets so far. Or in some cases needs to run native PPC code as part of the process. Always got stuck on GDB as I applied the OS4 patches but they rely on an ancient compiler to work. And there is too much work compilng the latest. Apparently GDB needs to be majorly patched to compile a build for OS4 PPC. Perhaps like a browser. So why it lingers on in a broken state. I try and compile it once a year!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle