Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
23 crawler(s) on-line.
 98 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  12 mins ago
 pixie:  24 mins ago
 Birbo:  39 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 15 mins ago
 kriz:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 clint:  2 hrs 25 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 53 mins ago
 bhabbott:  4 hrs 21 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  What future for the Amiga platform?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
PosterThread
MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Re: What future for the Amiga platform?
Posted on 23-Jan-2020 8:37:57
#201 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

Quote:

MEGA_RJ_MICAL wrote:
Oh friends outlawal2 and Rose,
you surprise me with the unfathomable depths of your poverty of spirit.

how you take yourselves oh so seriously, how seriously you take these fora.
Relax, friends, and enjoy the ride.

Let a shriek out from time to time, as yours truly does, to disguise a deeper message.
To let some of the intensity out without having to address the utter stupidity of this or that post.

My friends! What a display of last-decade internet prejudice, not to mention rudeness, to immediately label someone as a "whore". What sexism, what narrowness of mind.

In hope you might think of your actions and correct your course,

MEGA_RJ_MICAL,
lawyer and pirate,
custodian of the copper lake.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Profile     Report this post  
Raffaele 
Posted on 24-Jan-2020 20:32:26
#202 ]

@agami

Quote:

agami wrote:
@Raffaele

We at Crystal Delta actually work with education institutions in India. Among other things, we even opened a technology incubator on campus at Sree Sowdambika College of Engineering in Aruppukottai a year ago...

[...]

Indian colleges measure themselves on placement, i.e. How many students get placed in employment in their 4th year of studies.

[...]

To influence the curriculum of an entire college to take on Amiga focused development as part of their curriculum would cost many millions of dollars,

Who said we should funding Computer School AT COLLEGE LEVEL?

I just proposed to focus funding to a Computer School that could being quietly at "high school" level, i.e. 15 to 17 max 18 years, when pupils are still studying various Operating Systems in order to acquire skills.

There are many schools at these levels of education tier that will gladly accept funding on a regular basis.

We do not need their school to focus their curriculum just on Amiga, we just need that some of the kid geniuses with enough skills, will put their eyes on Amiga development from time to time as extra activities, even using cross-compilers.
In the long run (line of code after line of code), this will help us reaching the goal to get software portings like Libre Office (for example) in a reasonable amount of time and not waiting years...

Last edited by Raffaele on 24-Jan-2020 at 08:36 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 24-Jan-2020 at 08:35 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 24-Jan-2020 at 08:33 PM.

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 25-Jan-2020 6:31:47
#203 ]

@Raffaele

Quote:
We do not need their school to focus their curriculum just on Amiga, we just need that some of the kid geniuses with enough skills, will put their eyes on Amiga development from time to time as extra activities, even using cross-compilers.
In the long run (line of code after line of code), this will help us reaching the goal to get software portings like Libre Office (for example) in a reasonable amount of time and not waiting years...

Underdeveloped countries' kids toiling on forgotten computer stuff "line of code after line of code", tasked so by their schools, to which we fat first world aristocrats threw a little payola.

This guy has to be the next Chuck Palahniuk.

ps. I particularly enjoyed the part about "in the long run" swiftly followed by "in a reasonable amount of time"

Last edited by MEGA_RJ_MICAL on 25-Jan-2020 at 06:32 AM.

Raffaele 
Posted on 25-Jan-2020 7:15:35
#204 ]

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

Quote:

MEGA_RJ_MICAL wrote:
@Raffaele

ps. I particularly enjoyed the part about "in the long run" swiftly followed by "in a reasonable amount of time"

English is not my first language and obviously you have to train them first and the let them experiment and getting confidence with Amiga coding, but once they start understanding the platform we will see good results.

Or do you expect ready cup of milksoup from mom every morning for breakfast... ???

Last edited by Raffaele on 25-Jan-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Rose 
Posted on 25-Jan-2020 13:02:01
#205 ]
Cult Member

@Raffaele

Quote:
I just proposed to focus funding to a Computer School that could being quietly at "high school" level, i.e. 15 to 17 max 18 years

"Because there might be still people left that takes Amiga with face value we should move to child labor!"

This is almost as good than suggestion from few years ago that Amiga companies should lie about usernumbers to investors to get money.

Amiga - When sanity is just a word.

cdimauro 
Posted on 26-Jan-2020 20:26:16
#206 ]
Elite Member

@KimmoK Quote:
KimmoK wrote:
Just thinking...
https://youtu.be/MShbP3OpASA?t=1432

What if Linus Torwalds would have had Amiga at some point...

What if, what if, what if: still leaving in a dream.

Reality was and is different, eh! Why people is still spending so much time dreaming about an alternate future which... cannot be?!? Bahhhh
Quote:
Would AROS dominate the world by now (with mc and mp support), including desktop?

Which isn't. MP protection is NOT possible for an Amiga/-like o.s. (and this includes AROS), unless you want a completely different o.s..

MC is possible if you decide to give-up some backward-compatibility (SMP design), have a limited gain (BMP design), or make the life harder to developers (AMP design).
Whatever is the choice, it's always a compromise, and nothing which is comparable to other modern o.ses.
Quote:
Shame anyway that he has 0% interest in Amiga things. He would be valuable in kernel development etc.

Do you really wanted to have Torvalds involved in the Amiga o.s. development? Did you know what bad character that the guy had/has?
Quote:
Dedicated GPU card delivers insane amount of extra teraflops to tinker with, even when one can not push GPU to it's limits.

GPU CANNOT 100% replace CPU/SIMD code. Do you know why SIMD units are still in the CPU, and even becoming bigger and bigger over time? It's a non-sense with such GPU monsters, right?
Quote:
And something different:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5syd5HmDdGU
"Forget x86; OpenPower is it! Talos II Secure Workstation!"

Forget x86? Talos II is ridiculus compared to x86: overall has much lower performances, while drawing a lot more power.
Quote:
So they have Firefox, Chromium, Unreal running, nice. I hope they use bigendian mode... (most PPC linux (Fedora) users seem to use PPC in little endian mode)
https://youtu.be/5syd5HmDdGU?t=629

The last POWER only have little-ending support. Big-endian died as well, and will not receive other support in future.
Quote:
Interesting headline....
"OpenPOWER Summit EU 2019: Desktop on OpenPOWER system? YES!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJeA983GZK0

Why would people want to use Power on desktop? Why not?

Good question: why? Because there's no reason.
Quote:
(Amigans need to talk to OpenPower dudes.)

Again: why? To ask help for a 2-3K nano-niche market share which will use ONLY one core of the many available nowadays?
Quote:
Power linux ppl. work with DMA for 3D and web browsers (sounds familiar)
https://youtu.be/HJeA983GZK0?t=1603
ppc moves towards little endian....
https://youtu.be/bwXX4fqsPrQ?t=552

Exactly! Hey, finally back to reality!
Quote:
Amiga and Hyperion mentioned.
https://youtu.be/bwXX4fqsPrQ?t=1465

Tell the guys how "big" is the post-Amiga market.

@megol Quote:
megol wrote:
@cdimauro

Don't you mean: the real world is crap

"Even better than the real thing" (cit.)

and... without taking drugs!

@Rose Quote:
Rose wrote:
@Raffaele

Quote:
I just proposed to focus funding to a Computer School that could being quietly at "high school" level, i.e. 15 to 17 max 18 years

"Because there might be still people left that takes Amiga with face value we should move to child labor!"

This is almost as good than suggestion from few years ago that Amiga companies should lie about usernumbers to investors to get money.

Amiga - When sanity is just a word.

Sadly true. It's unbelievable how much fanatics can dumb down just to see their platform supported.

I would suggest them to use 6-7 years old kids to assemble post-Amiga motherboards, in order to reduce costs...

Raffaele 
Posted on 30-Jan-2020 22:27:49
#207 ]

@Rose

Stating your words then Bill Gates shouldn't had starting coding his first Basic Porting because it was child labor... How intriguing point of view...

About cdimauro: Congratulations. I heard on Internet your application for a job in Commodore Business Machines Inc. Marketing Division has at least being filed for an interview.

Rose 
Posted on 30-Jan-2020 23:49:36
#208 ]
Cult Member

@Raffaele

Quote:
Stating your words then Bill Gates shouldn't had starting coding his first Basic Porting because it was child labor... How intriguing point of view...

Hardly, since he was about 20 when first version was released.

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 31-Jan-2020 0:55:44
#209 ]

Quote:

Raffaele wrote:
@Rose

Dear friend Raffaele,

It is now official that you are entirely retarded.

Regardless of the fact that Bill Gates was well of legal age at the time of that Basic port, a kid passionately working of his own accord from his happy little bedroom does not qualify as "child labor".

A child put by his bribed school to work on some obscure useless sofWHY AM I EVEN TALKING TO YOU!! BACK TO THE MONKEY LAB!

Raffaele 
Posted on 31-Jan-2020 5:36:21
#210 ]

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

I am just old and starting faulting memories but not the essence of it...

Quote:

The four students had formed the Lakeside Programmers Club to make money.[21] At the end of the ban, they offered to find bugs in CCC's (*) software in exchange for extra computer time. Rather than use the system remotely via Teletype, Gates went to CCC's offices and studied source code for various programs that ran on the system, including Fortran, Lisp, and machine language. The arrangement with CCC continued until 1970 when the company went out of business. The following year, a Lakeside teacher enlisted Gates and Evans to automate the school's class-scheduling system, providing them computer time and royalties in return.

(*) CCC = Computer Center Corporation, a small company based in Washington state, ceasing activities in 1968.

It was not the BASIC but it was sure exploiting of child labor by their school...

What? A respectable US High School Leasing pupils to external private companies and using their early computer skills to create internal class-scheduling system software BUT providing them extra computer time and royalties as remuneration, not a legal salary...

So then what is the problem if "we Amigans" do the same with Indian or Vietnamese students people?

Quote:

Dear friend Raffaele,

It is now official that you are entirely retarded.

Well I am loosing my memory so I think I am "just" partially retarded...

For example you forgot to add your usual IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

But I do not consider you retarded for this.

I consider you completely retarded basing my judgement due to more serious compelling behaviour of yours.

But also I think you are a good clown too and a necessary jester fool who says also unwanted truth so then keeping alive the consciences of this community.

I hope I do not misjudged you and finding one day you were just a troll...

Last edited by Raffaele on 31-Jan-2020 at 05:48 AM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 31-Jan-2020 at 05:46 AM.

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 31-Jan-2020 6:25:04
#211 ]

@Raffaele

Ok friend Raffaele,

I take my comment partially back for two reasons:

First, I appreciate you being able to read between the lines, between the I and the R, between the jesting and the UNAVOIDABLE clown acts.

Second and most important:
because I misread child labor as "child tabor" and it truly made my day.

In truth,
MEGA_RJ_MICAL

VVVVVVVVVVVVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 1-Apr-2022 1:24:35
#212 ]

This thread, my friends,
my brothers in Amiga,
delightful companions whose daily embrace is oh so thaumaturgical to me.

Look at this thread!
Where did they go?

Where did the nimrods we used so much toying with go?
Raffaele!
Wawa!
Kimmok!

Marvel, my friends, at the intricate tapestry of this thread,
woven in such splendid lunacy and ignorance,
disinformation and delusions,
and most of all - presumption.

The world truly was different before twenty twenty.

/mega...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle