Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
26 crawler(s) on-line.
 134 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Gunnar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  14 secs ago
 amigakit:  17 mins ago
 vox:  43 mins ago
 zipper:  46 mins ago
 kolla:  53 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 BigD:  1 hr 49 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 22 mins ago
 Frank:  3 hrs 7 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Software
      /  Recent AmigaOS 3.1 Word Processor Experiments
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Hypex 
Re: Recent AmigaOS 3.1 Word Processor Experiments
Posted on 1-Sep-2020 17:06:07
#21 ]
Elite Member

@Hammer

I had that pack as well! Classic. My dad and I would play golf on the computer. And I would laugh. As dad woud get confused by the mouse and twist the tail lead around the mouse.

I think I obtained ProWrite on a CU Coverdisk. Many favourites on there. I added to my collection.

But, a friendly debate between Amiga vs Mac fans at school?

Doesn't sound like the heated discussion between PC and Amiga users with name calling, insults and arm holds.

That's just typical, Amiga and Mac fans, having a "friendly" discussion. Sticking together like the Motorola people they were. Well, sounds nice actually, wish I was there now.

Profile     Report this post  
matthey 
Posted on 2-Sep-2020 3:41:38
#22 ]

Quote:

Hypex wrote:
But, a friendly debate between Amiga vs Mac fans at school?

Doesn't sound like the heated discussion between PC and Amiga users with name calling, insults and arm holds.

That's just typical, Amiga and Mac fans, having a "friendly" discussion. Sticking together like the Motorola people they were. Well, sounds nice actually, wish I was there now.

I didn't even know of any Mac owners when I was in high school despite the school having Apple IIs with a few Apple IIGSs. I recall my chemistry teacher talking about his new PC and how it had 16 colors to which I replied my computer has 4096 colors. He didn't think that was possible or believe me until another student in the class who owned an Amiga nodded his head and his jaw dropped. In college, there were many Macs and PCs but one class had Atari STs where I learned to program the 68000 in assembler. :)

My first word processor was Prowrite which is easy to use although lacks features. I liked Wordworth 7 the best. I liked it better than Word, Wordperfect or OpenOffice Writer on the PC. It's too bad it was not developed further as it was improving quickly. The source is probably lost by now.

Last edited by matthey on 02-Sep-2020 at 03:42 AM.

Hammer 
Posted on 3-Sep-2020 3:50:17
#23 ]
Elite Member

@Hypex

My A500 was used for family entertainment e.g. TV Sports Basketball (two-player), Settlers (two-player), Battle Isle (two-player), Mini Golf and 'etc'.

My older cousin (owned a 286 PC+VGA, crap at action games), my dad, and my brother were serious about TV Sports Basketball game with customized team configs.

My primary school friends also have A500s and we would have a null-serial modem four-player party e.g. Lotus 2 racing game.

A500 was portable enough for null-serial modem four-player parties along with pizzas and BBQ.

During junior high school, we have Amiga 2000s in art subjects while Mac Classics and 286/386 PCs for computer subjects. During senior high school, it was the transition to Pentium+Windows 95.

Last edited by Hammer on 03-Sep-2020 at 03:59 AM.
Last edited by Hammer on 03-Sep-2020 at 03:56 AM.
Last edited by Hammer on 03-Sep-2020 at 03:55 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle