Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 84 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  16 mins ago
 amigakit:  18 mins ago
 Vidar:  34 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  44 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 bhabbott:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 Swisso:  1 hr 50 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 Hypex:  1 hr 52 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  AmiCygnix, Sylpheed
Register To Post

PosterThread
Gregor 
AmiCygnix, Sylpheed
Posted on 25-Nov-2020 10:48:21
#1 ]

I installed a few days ago AmiCygnix on my X5000 and trying now to learn how it works. It feels much faster than I expected!

A couple of questions:

- How can I add program icons on the dekstop, and remove those which are there already?

- About Sylpheed: Is there a way to configure it to understand automatically email aliases, if your account has those? So that answering a message would happen _from_ the address/alias the message was originally sent to?

Regards,

Gregor

Profile     Report this post  
CygnusEd 
Re: AmiCygnix, Sylpheed
Posted on 25-Nov-2020 22:57:54
#2 ]

@Gregor

I just wrote an answer to your mail. I hope it can answer your questions.

Because I think that this could also be interesting for other, here is may answer:

To the first question:

Yes, this is still a problem of the AmiCygnix desktop. This is very uncomfortable and I should make a tool to make this configurable. But for now the only way is to make this by hand.

The way you have to do it depends on the desktop manager you're using (You can change this in myX11Setup). By default it is the "IDesk Desktop Manager". If you have installed the AmiCygnix tools package, you can also choose "ROX-Filer", which is much more comfortable, but still not as easy as it could be.

* IDesk:

All icons are defined in the directory "Cygnix:Home/root/.idesktop". For every icon there is a corresponding .lnk file. Just delete file to remove the icon.
If you want to add an icon I suggest to unpack the desired program package again and look to the directory "install-data/.idesktop". You can find the icon file there, every package has this. Just copy the
icon file to "Cygnix:Home/root/.idesktop".

* ROX-Filter

To remove an icon, make a right click on an icon and choose "Remove Item(s)".

If you want to add an icon to the ROX desktop, just open a file window (e.g. click on the "Software" icon) and drag an icon from the file window to the desktop. To add an program icon to the desktop, choose the Home directory of the desired program in the "Software" window, and drag the "Start_..._Desktop.bat" icon onto the desktop. Afterwards you can change the icons symbol or the icon text in the popup menu you can open with a right click.

I hope I will find the time to make this more comfortable.

To the second question:

I think there is no way to configure Sylpheed this way. In the "from" field of an reply there is always the address of the standard account. I have no idea how to change that.

Profile     Report this post  

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle