Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6082 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
30 crawler(s) on-line.
 35 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.


 BuLa

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 BuLa:  1 min ago
 BigD:  33 mins ago
 V8:  39 mins ago
 clusteruk:  48 mins ago
 deadduckni:  50 mins ago
 thomas:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 Davec555:  1 hr 44 mins ago
 VooDoo:  1 hr 57 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Karlos 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 28-Sep-2022 20:35:34
#61 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 24-Aug-2003
Posts: 3144
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

All the discussion around code density lately and my general dissatisfaction with mc64k performance compared to one of my other VM designs has resulted in a pretty large change. The complexity of decoding compare and branch operations has been increased slightly by using an extra byte to encode the comparison operation, freeing up around 64 opcode slots.

These have been (partially) filled by making the refister-to-register fast path instructions 2 bytes rather than the 3 they used to be with the prefix. It's been quite a lot of work, but the results have been worth it, showing up to 42% increase in performance for the (naive) Mandelbrot test.

Does this validate the code density argument? Perhaps. However it is also the case that it's simpler to decode and execute the 2-byte instruction format in the interpreter. It also leaves me with a ton of documentation to fix.

Back to hacking...

_________________
Doing stupid things for fun...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Bosanac 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 28-Sep-2022 22:55:34
#62 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 10-May-2022
Posts: 210
From: Unknown

@Karlos

Your product exists and people can use it.

Perhaps that’s why nobody bothered replying to your last comment?

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 29-Sep-2022 4:35:50
#63 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 29-Oct-2012
Posts: 3084
From: Germany

@Bosanac: from Imgflip Meme Generator

FYI: https://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=44169&forum=17&start=180&viewmode=flat&order=0#855216[quote]

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Bosanac 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 29-Sep-2022 9:26:05
#64 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 10-May-2022
Posts: 210
From: Unknown

@cdimauro

Yet I'm rich and you aren't.

Why is that?

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Karlos 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 29-Sep-2022 9:51:24
#65 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 24-Aug-2003
Posts: 3144
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@Bosanac

It's also free. However it likely appeals only to assembly language programmers and even then, not all of them ;)

_________________
Doing stupid things for fun...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
OlafS25 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 29-Sep-2022 10:16:39
#66 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 12-May-2010
Posts: 6171
From: Unknown

@Karlos

this week I bought something myself for christmas

a gaming notebook with i7 (several cores each 3.6 Ghz), 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M2000M, 512 GB SSD harddrive witg Win 11 for 450 EUR

so all the discussions about wonder 68k processors are strange to me

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Karlos 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 29-Sep-2022 11:16:26
#67 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 24-Aug-2003
Posts: 3144
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@OlafS25

Good for you. I hope it brings you joy.

_________________
Doing stupid things for fun...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 30-Sep-2022 4:42:01
#68 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 29-Oct-2012
Posts: 3084
From: Germany

@Bosanac

Quote:

Bosanac wrote:
@cdimauro

Yet I'm rich and you aren't.

Why is that?

Logical fallacies. Again.

Is there something that you're able to say without falling on such fallacies?

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Karlos 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 30-Sep-2022 12:56:46
#69 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 24-Aug-2003
Posts: 3144
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@OlafS25

Btw, MC64K isn't a "wonder 68K", it's a programming environment for people that like writing assembler type code and tickle some nostalgia.

_________________
Doing stupid things for fun...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Gunnar 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 1-Oct-2022 7:28:40
#70 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 25-Sep-2022
Posts: 152
From: Unknown

@cdimauro

Quote:

Is there something that you're able to say without falling on such fallacies?




Dear Cesare Di Mauro,

What makes you think that a pretender and liar to Amiga people should attack people here in the forum?


We know that you call yourself "Amiga and CPU expert".
But you avoid the the question what you have as self proclaimed expert done in the last 5 years, or in last 10 years is justified.

Who has seen you develop anything for Amiga in the last 5 years?
Which Amiga demo party did you participate?
Which new game did you develop?
Which Amiga tool did you develop?

All I see from you are 2700 posts here. And in these posts you claim to be an expert.

No, a game in 90th of some of your friends, where you named as second co-coder might maybe have participated or not - where no one can say today how much you really participated, sorry this does not convince us that you are an "Amiga and CPU expert".

Since the 90th is very long time now. A real Amiga programmer would have had enough time to write hundreds of demos and dozens of games by now. Where are your demos and your game done in the last decade?


You said yourself that you would have developed the world best CPU architecture, better than anything from INTEL, AMD, MOTOROLA or IBM.
You not get tired to make such strong claims but again there is no proof of anything.



What we all know about you are your false claims about the TINA Amiga project.

Quote:

For years you posted your TINA nonsense 400Mhz/800Mips with 128bit memory bus
Reading the FPGA Specsheet and reading there its maximum clockrate, or max memory bus width
would have taken literally only minutes.


The Altera manual states clearly :
the maximum clock rate for all FPGA memory blocks is 238 MHz
the maximum clock rate for the FPGA multipliers is 200 MHz.
Very clearly the 400MHz you claimed is impossible.

The Altera manual also clearly states that the maximum supported external memory is 32bit.
While you claimed to connect 128 bit wide external memory.

For several years you "promoted" your project and claimed technically impossible values.


Either you on purpose posted the vapor claims.
Or you did not care to invest even a minute to read and verify some facts.

We can go over hundreds of your posts here ... and see the same.
You post claims without understanding the topic and without verifying the facts.


Dear Cesare Di Mauro,

you not only participated in the TINA website.
You were named on the TINE website as the lead developer with the well sounding title "Amiga and CPU expert"

But did you only advertised this fake project on the TINA forum? No.
You advertised it there, explaining people how great it is.
But you also advertised it here in Amigaworld.net with many posts,
and you posted on very many Amiga forums worldwide about,
and you did several interviews about this project too.

In all these interviews you posted false information advertising a fake project.
In all these interviews you lied to the Amiga world.

But you claim you did not know that all this was fake?
While you posted for weeks and month on forums in the whole about it,
you could not know that nothing was right and all was wrong in your posts
as you had not invested even some minute to read the Spec of the FPGA you used?

Should we believe you that a real CPU expert would give dozens of interviews
knowing that he has no clue about what anything he claims in these interviews
but he does not even care to read at least a little bit of documentation before the interview?


 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 2-Oct-2022 10:35:07
#71 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 29-Oct-2012
Posts: 3084
From: Germany

@Gunnar I've already replied here:
https://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44169&start=200&post_id=855345&order=0&viewmode=flat&pid=855268&forum=17#855345

PARROT!

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Gunnar 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 2-Oct-2022 11:09:56
#72 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 25-Sep-2022
Posts: 152
From: Unknown

@cdimauro


Dear Cesare Di Mauro,


Quote:
you call yourself "Amiga and CPU expert"


But when you are asked what you ever developed for Amiga
then you name a game form the 90th, where you are listed as second supporting coder.
This of course does proof anything at all. No one know how much you really coded there.
If anything at all.


When you are asked what demos, games or application you did develop in the last 10 or 5 years for Amiga, the your answer is:
Quote:
Irrelevant.


What does this mean?
Where it so many games that you can now recall all there names?
Or can we assume that you NOT developed anything for Amiga in the last 10 years?


OK then lets give more time.
What game or demo or Amiga application did you develop in the last 15 years?



Please help us understand how can you want to convince us
that you are a real Amiga CPU and Hardware expert
if you develop anything at all?




 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Karlos 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 2-Oct-2022 11:16:07
#73 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 24-Aug-2003
Posts: 3144
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@Gunnar

You are MEGA RJ and I claim my five pounds. Quickly, before it devalues any further.

_________________
Doing stupid things for fun...

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Gunnar 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 2-Oct-2022 11:24:10
#74 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 25-Sep-2022
Posts: 152
From: Unknown

@cdimauro


Dear Cesare Di Mauro,


Do you really claim that you posts about TINA were not incorrect?

Lets have a look, shall we?


Ok, we all see that this is 100% vaporware.
400MHz is technically absolutely impossible.
Everyone can have a look into the ALTERA manual and see that this claim is a lie.
The most you can get is 200MHz and these 200MHz you can only get without accounting any time for signal routing. In other words in reality you can be happy to even get 150MHz.


How about your claims about 128 Bit Memory bus?
128bit is technically absolute nonsense, we all know this. Everyone can read this in the Altera manual.

To see false claims and lies to Amiga community we only need to have a look here in amigaworld we will find many totally wrong vapor claims from you.

You posted these vapor and totally wrong claims not only here in this forum,
you posted these false claims in many other Amiga forums.
We only need to google to find them in english, german, italian, french, polish Amiga forums.

Cesare Di Mauro, you have a history record of telling lies to the Amiga community.

We only need to search here in forum, and we will find many false claims of you.
Did you not post that you have the 68050 CPU core from NATAMI and that you reach 400MHz?

And the TINA project is just one small easy and easy to proof example..

We could look at all your other technical posts,
and we see just the very same: So many wrong and false claims.


Please help us understand why do you do this?


Warmest regards

Last edited by Gunnar on 02-Oct-2022 at 11:38 AM.
Last edited by Gunnar on 02-Oct-2022 at 11:34 AM.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 2-Oct-2022 12:27:58
#75 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 29-Oct-2012
Posts: 3084
From: Germany

@Gunnar

Quote:

Gunnar wrote:
@cdimauro


Dear Cesare Di Mauro,


Quote:
you call yourself "Amiga and CPU expert"


But when you are asked what you ever developed for Amiga
then you name a game form the 90th, where you are listed as second supporting coder.
This of course does proof anything at all. No one know how much you really coded there.
If anything at all.


When you are asked what demos, games or application you did develop in the last 10 or 5 years for Amiga, the your answer is:
Quote:
Irrelevant.


What does this mean?
Where it so many games that you can now recall all there names?
Or can we assume that you NOT developed anything for Amiga in the last 10 years?


OK then lets give more time.
What game or demo or Amiga application did you develop in the last 15 years?



Please help us understand how can you want to convince us
that you are a real Amiga CPU and Hardware expert
if you develop anything at all?


Already replied here: https://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44169&start=200&post_id=855345&order=0&viewmode=flat&pid=0&forum=17#855345

PARROT!


Quote:

Gunnar wrote:
@cdimauro


Dear Cesare Di Mauro,


Do you really claim that you posts about TINA were not incorrect?

Lets have a look, shall we?


Ok, we all see that this is 100% vaporware.
400MHz is technically absolutely impossible.
Everyone can have a look into the ALTERA manual and see that this claim is a lie.
The most you can get is 200MHz and these 200MHz you can only get without accounting any time for signal routing. In other words in reality you can be happy to even get 150MHz.


How about your claims about 128 Bit Memory bus?
128bit is technically absolute nonsense, we all know this. Everyone can read this in the Altera manual.

To see false claims and lies to Amiga community we only need to have a look here in amigaworld we will find many totally wrong vapor claims from you.

You posted these vapor and totally wrong claims not only here in this forum,
you posted these false claims in many other Amiga forums.
We only need to google to find them in english, german, italian, french, polish Amiga forums.

Cesare Di Mauro, you have a history record of telling lies to the Amiga community.

We only need to search here in forum, and we will find many false claims of you.
Did you not post that you have the 68050 CPU core from NATAMI and that you reach 400MHz?

And the TINA project is just one small easy and easy to proof example..

We could look at all your other technical posts,
and we see just the very same: So many wrong and false claims.


Please help us understand why do you do this?


Warmest regards

Already replied here: https://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44169&start=200&post_id=855345&order=0&viewmode=flat&pid=0&forum=17#855345

PARROT!

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Gunnar 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 2-Oct-2022 12:33:59
#76 ]
Regular Member
Joined: 25-Sep-2022
Posts: 152
From: Unknown

@cdimauro

Dear Cesare Di Mauro,

everyone here is an Amiga fan.
everyone here, who knows what CPU is in the Amiga, is an 68K fan.
And this all good and correct.

You are also an Amiga fan and you are an 68K CPU fan, and this is all good and correct this way.

You have not coded anything for Amiga in decades.
You have not developed any demo or any game in decades.
I think we all know why you not did this.
You are fan - and thats it all.

But being a fan is fully OK.
Please just stop inventing stories.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 2-Oct-2022 13:11:13
#77 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 29-Oct-2012
Posts: 3084
From: Germany

@Gunnar

Quote:

Gunnar wrote:
@cdimauro

Dear Cesare Di Mauro,

everyone here is an Amiga fan.
everyone here, who knows what CPU is in the Amiga, is an 68K fan.
And this all good and correct.

You are also an Amiga fan and you are an 68K CPU fan, and this is all good and correct this way.

You have not coded anything for Amiga in decades.
You have not developed any demo or any game in decades.
I think we all know why you not did this.
You are fan - and thats it all.

But being a fan is fully OK.
Please just stop inventing stories.

Same as before. Replied here: https://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44169&start=200&post_id=855345&order=0&viewmode=flat&pid=0&forum=17#855345

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 12-Oct-2022 23:26:35
#78 ]
Super Member
Joined: 13-Dec-2019
Posts: 1200
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

CLASSY

Quote:

Bosanac wrote:
@cdimauro

Yet I'm rich and you aren't.

_________________
I HAVE ABS OF STEEL
--
CAN YOU SEE ME? CAN YOU HEAR ME? OK FOR WORK

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Hypex 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 13-Oct-2022 2:39:23
#79 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 6-May-2007
Posts: 10830
From: Greensborough, Australia

@Gunnar

I'd never heard of this Tina before. I only know of Natiami which I was interested in. And that Access Amiga thing, or whatever it was that Mick Tinker was tinkering with, the early Amiga FPGA chips design.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Hammer 
Re: MC64K - Imaginary 64-bit 680x0
Posted on 13-Oct-2022 4:17:20
#80 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 9-Mar-2003
Posts: 4600
From: Australia

@Karlos

I don't want another ColdFire BS that breaks compatibility with my classic Amiga WHDLoad games collection.

_________________
Ryzen 9 7950X, DDR5-6000 64 GB RAM, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Ryzen 9 7900X, DDR5-5600 32 GB RAM, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Amiga 1200 (rev 1D1, KS 3.2, TF1260, 68060 @ 63 Mhz, 128 MB)
Amiga 500 (rev 6A, KS 3.2, PiStorm/RPi3a/Emu68)

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle