Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 64 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

NutsAboutAmiga

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 mins ago
 Beajar:  8 mins ago
 Rob:  15 mins ago
 michalsc:  35 mins ago
 amigakit:  57 mins ago
 wealddown603:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 bhabbott:  2 hrs 2 mins ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs 2 mins ago
 cdimauro:  2 hrs 9 mins ago
 MagicSN:  3 hrs 26 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  Amiga Game Awards, what would win?
Register To Post

PosterThread
amigang 
Amiga Game Awards, what would win?
Posted on 13-Dec-2023 4:12:22
#1 ]
Elite Member

So I just watched a bit of this years gaming awards, I starting to feel Im nearly getting to old for the new games now, I dont like most new games, there getting to be too many menus and levelling up systems you seem to have to manage now, games have also gotten too big for me to sit and play (or I just have lack of time now Im older) and i hate a lot of the dlc / lootcreats / pay to win / etc that has entered the gaming world.

Anyway, I was just thinking if Amiga games ever part of a game awards system, and if any won it. Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...he_Year_awards

The only big award system I could see running at the time Amiga was around was the Golden Joystick Awards
Kick Off 1 & 2, Rick Dangerous 2 and Street Fighter 2 seem to be the only multiplatform games that got release on Amiga i see.

So I just wondered if we did have a game award for the whole of Amiga game library what would win what.

Best Game Direction
Awarded for outstanding creative vision and innovation in game direction and design.
Best Narrative
For outstanding storytelling and narrative development in a game.
Best Art Direction
For outstanding creative and/or technical achievement in artistic design and animation.
Best Score and Music
For outstanding music, inclusive of score, original song and/or licensed soundtrack.
Best Audio Design
Recognizing the best in-game audio and sound design.
Best Indie Game
(for Amiga world this would be the best Public Domain Game / non Published)
I think the above is what Im most interested in, I mean there are other categories.
Best Action Game, Best Adventure Game, Best Fighting Game, Best Family Game, Best Strategy Game, Best Multiplayer, Best Sport/Racing Game, and of course Game of the Year, but I kinda seen these question asked before. But feel free in answering them.

For me, Best Game Direction, based on Awarded for outstanding creative vision and innovation in game direction and design. I would go for Syndicate, it was a weird top down strategy game that did create a cool blade runner world and had weird, but creative features like mind control etc.

Best Narrative,One game spring to mind, is Dune, which I suppose make sense as it was based on a book, but I remember you having to travel place to place and convince people to join your quest. Another one would be Wing Commander, as again I remember based on how well a mission went the game story would alter slightly and if your co-pilot died they be written out of the story and you get full funeral scene, so because of that and the award requirements of narrative development, I think wing commander just wins it.

Best Art Direction, I would go with Another world, because its graphics were a head of a lot of other games, tells a story with very few words, starts with doing an experiment, you get taken to an Alien Planet, get captured, makes a friend in prison, escapes. Simple but cleverly told in great animation, I nearly gave this best Narrative when think about it.

Best Score and Music, Turrican 2 came close, but I really liked the radio music in Jaguar JX220, so that just wins it.

Best Audio Design, I think Walker had great audio, the fact you play in different time zone is really cool, from the sound of the whips of house going by, then trains and planes zooming by was great and had voice radio comms at the start of each level. Really impressed me and I feel an often overlooked game.

Lastly for me, Best Indie Game, Air Taxi, its my fav Gravity 2d control game, look fairly simple levels, but they are dam hard and only get harder.
So what you guys favs?

Profile     Report this post  

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle