Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 79 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Karlos:  8 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  19 mins ago
 michalsc:  31 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  33 mins ago
 OlafS25:  51 mins ago
 matthey:  55 mins ago
 bhabbott:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 ncafferkey:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 16 mins ago
 Hypex:  3 hrs 3 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Why does Amigaworld give con mans, hoaxers, liars a platform to talk? Is this not a big shame for Amiga?
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gunnar 
Why does Amigaworld give con mans, hoaxers, liars a platform to talk? Is this not a big shame for Amiga?
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 9:42:58
#1 ]

Why does Amigaworld give con mans, hoaxers, Liars a platform to talk?

Is this not a big shame for Amiga?

@All what do you think about this?

You all know that in this website are a number of "fakers"

People that have post thousands of posts ...
People that mix Wikipedia with Google results ..
People that in reality have little knowledge themselves..
People that talk about Systems, putting down Systems - which in reality they never owned, never saw, and never used... So its rubbish they talk.

Why does this website give these people a platform?

Is this doing nothing else than shame on Amiga?

Why does Amigaworld give people which have a track record
of being liars, of creating fake personalities , of doing hoaxes on Amiga community...

Why are they given a platform to continue to lie to Amiga community?

Do you think this is good for Amiga?

Profile     Report this post  
Karlos 
Re: Why does Amigaworld give con mans, hoaxers, liars a platform to talk? Is this not a big shame for Amiga?
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 14:00:49
#2 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@geen_naam

Quote:
Keeping wet farts like Karlos, ...

I take exception to that. I'm more of a prolonged dry fart, a slow building but muscular waft, threaded with low notes of freshly fertilised farmland.

Last edited by Karlos on 09-Feb-2024 at 02:04 PM.
Last edited by Karlos on 09-Feb-2024 at 02:01 PM.

Karlos 
Re: Why does Amigaworld give con mans, hoaxers, liars a platform to talk? Is this not a big shame for Amiga?
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 14:22:30
#3 ]
Elite Member

Quote:
preventing their rot from spreading to respected forums

What, like this one?

I'm sorry I don't share your enthusiasm for expensive PPC hardware, but I'm not a hater. Push for an OS4 to 68K (or even just ARM BE) backport and I'll be all over it.

pixie 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 15:43:28
#4 ]
Elite Member

@geen_naam

Quote:
It's a shame that the site has become like this. It used to be a nice hangout in the past.

Lol Fake memories are quite a bitch

pavlor 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 17:01:48
#5 ]
Elite Member

@pixie

Quote:
Lol Fake memories are quite a bitch

Yeah. Blue/Red wars at their height, CommodoreUSA thread spamming. This forum certainly could use more strict moderation.

To the OP question, many Amiga users are ready to stand behind someone who promises them better future for their favourite platform, without much thinking about it. Count me one of them, because I'm lone last supporter of Amiga.Inc on this forum (which is quite a hard task now as Amiga ownership is somewhat complex - being at the same time on the side of Cloanto and Hyperion is a little bit schizophrenic, at least my long time master Bill McEwen is out of picture now ).

cdimauro 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 17:25:38
#6 ]
Elite Member

It's clear evident that this thread is just a childish and miserable tentative to censor writings and trying to ban people which are seen as "enemies of the business or the faith".

Something which was common around one hundred years ago, where I'm leaving now...

If people don't like to read something, the solution is very simple: just IGNORE their writings.

But no: since the business or the faith is "touched", then the enemy/unfaithful should deserve a hard treatment.

Poor people. Really.

BTW, this forum is just of them many in internet, and not even the most attended one.

So, there's no chance to shut someone's mouth here and believe that the problem is solved, because there are other places around the world which have even much larger audience...

ppcamiga1 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 18:09:02
#7 ]
Cult Member

@Karlos

you want to switch to arm you have to provide somethnig no more than 20 years behind current android/ios

Karlos 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 19:01:12
#8 ]
Elite Member

@ppcamiga1

I don't want to switch to ARM. I want to switch to 68K. I just don't mind if that 68K is Emu68, that's all.

I have plenty of android/linux devices already. I don't want another one.

Last edited by Karlos on 09-Feb-2024 at 07:03 PM.

matthey 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 19:27:32
#9 ]
Elite Member

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL
You are like a criminal blatantly breaking the law and asking why the cops don't arrest you?

Your Offenses
creating alternate fake accounts after being banned
impersonation
personal attacks
trolling
spamming
doxing

Yes, your Gunnar account should be banned too but that wastes someone's time and you can go create another account. If you want to be very offensive and annoying, it is difficult to stop. MEGA_RJ_MICAL was mildly funny but you lost it and turned into an extremist psycho. Sure, Amiga users remaining here are a little crazy to still use the Amigaworld.net forum and not give up hope on the Amiga completely. I understand the stressful Amiga situation as the last window of opportunity closes to make the Amiga relevant but that is not a reason to be disrespectful and disruptive. Most of what you accuse us of you are guilty of yourself making you a MEGA hypocrite. Most of us are real people not hiding behind a fake persona. You are the out of control fake hypocritical psycho. Please seek mental help.

Yssing 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 20:01:23
#10 ]

There are no active moderators any more. I have asked several times, but if I get any reply it is "I am not a moderatorer any more" which is perfectly okay. But those in charge of the site never reply. Effectively killing the serious debates on the site.

Karlos 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 20:19:48
#11 ]
Elite Member

There are plenty of serious topics. The simple fact is people clearly don't find them as engaging/entertaining as the shitpost trolling threads, like this one and basically every single thread ppcamiga1 starts.

I must confess to find them mildly amusing myself. Being called a "wet fart" by a Dutch onanist is a welcome humorous escape in what has become a rather depressing reality in which I live in a country run (to ruin) by utter scum that are death to all good things.

Kronos 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 21:17:15
#12 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Quote:

Karlos wrote:
@geen_naam

Quote:
Keeping wet farts like Karlos, ...

I take exception to that. I'm more of a prolonged dry fart, a slow building but muscular waft, threaded with low notes of freshly fertilised farmland.

I'm pretty sure you're a fart "with land".

Karlos 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 21:36:57
#13 ]
Elite Member

@Kronos

I must be off my game today. Can you explain?

Kronos 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 21:38:23
#14 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

"da war Land dabei" == "I think I s### my pants"

Karlos 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 22:11:19
#15 ]
Elite Member

@Kronos

I imagined something more like "Ich habe mein Hose gescheissen"

Last edited by Karlos on 09-Feb-2024 at 10:11 PM.

Tpod 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 23:17:51
#16 ]

@Gunnar

Answers:

A highly chilaxed form of moderation.

A bit of a shame, there's plenty of much bigger shames around!

Half-truths can be very frustrating; I'm sure you've seen how some threads go on & on & on here. Maybe not visiting for a bit would be your best bet! Plenty of positive things for you to press on with.

kolla 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 23:21:33
#17 ]
Elite Member

@Gunnar

The irony here is… thick!

kolla 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 23:33:14
#18 ]
Elite Member

@matthey

Oh come on, please. Gunnar is easily recognized by his quite consistent spelling errors, which he’s had since forever. It would be remarkable for him to host a character with way better linguistic skill than his real self. Also, MEGA had wits and knowledge about certain things that goes beyond what Gunnar has ever shown.

EDIT: Oh, you meant the other around? Nah.

Last edited by kolla on 10-Feb-2024 at 04:50 AM.

kolla 
Posted on 9-Feb-2024 23:44:11
#19 ]
Elite Member

@Gunnar

Quote:
Do you think this is good for Amiga?

Yes I do! Having a place where one can express ones opinions about Amiga related stuff more or less freely is a good thing. I know you like to express yourself too on occasion, about other developers, other products than your own and whatever else whimsical stuff that cross your mind. Logs from IRC and from Discord, old postings that have long since been removed from your forum. Who are you to tell anyone how to behave or what is good for Amiga?

Tpod 
Posted on 10-Feb-2024 1:20:17
#20 ]

@kolla

So although I'm a total dimbo when it comes to chip design (or programming) your statement on that other thread seemed fair & made a lot of sense:

Quote:
... nobody should need to care if a new cpu is 100% compatible with an old cpu, what’s important is that the new cpu is 100% compatible with existing software. AC 68080 is compatible with nearly 100% of existing Amiga software - that’s what the advertising should say ...

advertising it's "100% code compatible" does seem slightly inaccurate however little that inaccuracy actually matters in real world use (for Amiga users). Hopefully a little tweak to the website will happen soon.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle