|Bombs away for RESHOOT R
Modern action for retro platform Amigas
Puergen/ Uebersee, 28 May 2019
The development studio spieleschreiber and the publisher APC&TCP today announce the availability of the retro action game RESHOOT R.
After almost three years of development RESHOOT R finally lights up its laser cannons - as you'd expect, for original Amiga hardware. The horizontal scrolling Shoot'em-Up, in the style of classics like "R-Type", throws the player into an exciting space battle. In five elaborately designed themed worlds, fighter pilots fight side-by-side with the courageous space hero Aryn against the attacks of the evil Tars species.
The action remains faithful to arcade traditions to combine elaborate high-end visuals with high-speed, demanding challenges. Fast gameplay, breathless dynamics, and exciting tension peaks, characterise the fight between the heroine and the ballet of attack waves. Extra weapons and power-ups support her in her fight for survival. If your battle is fought successfully, eternal glory awaits you in the automatically saved highscore list. In addition, here is a premiere for Amiga action games: Those pilots can enter their performance on an Internet ranking website and so they can compare their skills against those of other gamers.
RESHOOT R is initially available as three seperate releases:- Download Edition, PURE Edition and SIGNATURE Edition. The PURE Edition includes the game on CD-ROM and a printed manual, the SIGNATURE Edition has the game on CD-ROM, with a printed manual that has the making-of Special and the soundtrack on a separate audio CD. The Audio CD soundtrack is also available separately.
All Amiga products are now available in the online shop of APC&TCP http://www.amigashop.org. Any specialist dealers, who want to offer RESHOOT R direct to their customers, then please contact APC&TCP by email for details.
ABOUT RESHOOT R
RESHOOT R is a 2D horizontal Shoot'em-Up in the style of those great arcade classics Silkworm, R-Type and Gradius.
* developed and programmed by industry veteran Richard L÷wenstein
* plays to the performance capabilities of the Amiga CD32, 1200 and 4000
* five themed arenas in elaborately designed retro design
* Exciting attack waves and boss fights
* Extra weapons and power-ups
* multi-level scrolling, up to 100 objects on screen
* 50 Hertz refresh rate ensures constant high-speed
* more than 400 colours on screen
* thrilling soundtrack and SFX play simultaneously
* locally stored highscore list and additional Internet ranking option
* runs on standard hardware of the A1200, A4000 and CD32, no add-ons required
* tested on Amiga systems with 68020, 68030, 68040 and 68060 CPUs
- Amiga 1200, Amiga 4000 or CD32
- Joystick or CD32 compatible pad
- 2 MB chip memory, more memory supported
- runs on compatible Amiga emulators on Windows, Mac and Linux
More info: http://reshootr.spieleschreiber.de
spieleschreiber is a development studio specialising in retro computer games. The founder and core of the team from Puergen in Upper Bavaria is games journalist Richard L÷wenstein. Richard L÷wenstein successfully developed computer games in the 1980s and wrote articles for the trade magazines, Happy Computer, 64er and Amiga Joker.
RESHOOT R was in development for three years and was developed in co-operation with the entire retro community.
Design, coding, production: Richard L÷wenstein. Graphics: Kevin Saunders. Music and sound effects: Martin Ahman.
More info: http://www.spieleschreiber.de
APC&TCP has been active as a publisher for Amiga products for over 25 years.
From APC&TCP come products like Amiga Future, Amiga Family, Flyin High, Marblelous, Pinball Brain Damage, CygnusED, Roadshow and much more.
APC&TCP has tried for many years not only to publish High End Amiga games like RESHOOT R but also smaller projects like Trap Runner.
APC&TCP is always on the lookout for interesting Amiga projects to publish.