Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 133 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  28 mins ago
 Matt3k:  1 hr 1 min ago
 kolla:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 Torque:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 28 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 55 mins ago
 MickJT:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 18 mins ago
 kiFla:  2 hrs 43 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  3 hrs 1 min ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /   ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2
Register To Post

PosterThread
fairlanefastback 
Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 15:55:42
#1 ]
Team Member

@SHADES

Quote:
I am hoping their stance is now a little more open to some well thought out, real suggestion for keeping their product in development and sale, cause that's all this is for me. I hope they at least start entertaing the idea and perhaps research ways to do so now OR show us a similar alternative that is as cost afordable and future-proof. Or in the very least, tell us one exists with a timeline for some real info at least. The OS is only going to get more complicated and harder to port if it will get ported.

They said within the past week that they are not doing x86 right now, that instead they are working on something else that is ambitious.

But as you allude to, this thread certainly should make them take some notice. How they digest it is up to them. In that sense though is not this x86 "campaign" in "mission accomplished" mode? Meaning, you've created a huge thread for the ages and Hyperion knows. Whats left to do besides sending personal emails to them if not do yet by some?

I'd like to see more communication from Hyperion too BTW. If it were not for SAM being on back-order when I ordered it I would have bought it for nothing. Because the Peg 2 version came out with no warning. Had I known it was being worked on I would never have ordered SAM. Lucky for me when Peg2 was announced I was able to cancel my SAM and OS 4.1 for SAM order and change it to an OS 4.1 for Peg2 order. That saved me a lot. But it could have easily turned out the other way costing me a lot of money needlessly.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 27-Mar-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 27-Mar-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Amiga 1200

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2SHADES27-Mar-2009 16:04:57
          Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2fairlanefastback27-Mar-2009 16:24:03
              Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2HenryCase27-Mar-2009 16:36:44
                  Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2SHADES27-Mar-2009 17:19:13
                      Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2fairlanefastback27-Mar-2009 17:29:01
                          Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2SHADES27-Mar-2009 17:31:06
                              Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2fairlanefastback27-Mar-2009 17:39:36
                                  Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2SHADES27-Mar-2009 17:47:59
                          Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2SHADES27-Mar-2009 17:45:57
                              Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2fairlanefastback27-Mar-2009 17:47:46
              Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2SHADES27-Mar-2009 17:09:11

PosterThread
tomazkid 
Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 16:21:12
#1 ]
Team Member

@SHADES

Quote:
Appologies tomazkid! I was still typing a reply when you posted that. Feel free to delete if you wish. I have only 1 finger to type and it takes a while so i didn't read your post till too late.

NP.

I counted on that actually.
If you are typing a post while a thread is locked, the post will still still go through, I have even seen post coming up to one hours after a thread was locked.
Bound to happen with popular threads as it is.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle