Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 90 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 ktadd:  7 mins ago
 matthey:  23 mins ago
 Matt3k:  46 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr ago
 michalsc:  2 hrs 27 mins ago
 kolla:  4 hrs 47 mins ago
 Torque:  4 hrs 56 mins ago
 Karlos:  5 hrs 8 mins ago
 amigakit:  5 hrs 36 mins ago
 MickJT:  5 hrs 53 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /   ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2
Register To Post

PosterThread
bernd_afa 
Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2
Posted on 28-Mar-2009 14:44:55
#1 ]
Cult Member

@Leo

>Man.. people will never look forward... sigh... backwards, backwards...

It is possible to make a OS that is near 100% compatible AND offer all new features(full memory protect) if you do it in a Box, as (mac9 win3) MOS and AROS do the 68k Part then AOS can enhance without need a look at 68k compatiblity.I think OS4 Emu is the badest design can do.

but its of course easy to say the program is bad written, and dev spent not much work on compatibility or fix bugs.OS4 dev tell, OS4 mem system make problem, other mem systems are too on 68k here.sure few programs dont work with tlsf mem but most 99,9% of programs make no problems with tlsf mem.

if devs have no money to make the 68k emul better, then they can it make opensource so other can fix the Bugs.But keep and announce for a system where developers say they have no money to make it better, so it stay lame, is only fatal for Amiga.

Or how long should we wait until the announced OS4 not Fan buyers want OS4 on embedded solution and buy more than 3000 units, so Hyperion get money to make out of the lame OS4 a good Solution ?

the problem is on amiga there are now until the long delay very few left that is motivate to write new programs that replace the old 68k Soft.

Reason is:

1. that what is announced and promote as future is a lame system since long time.

The available Hardware is slow and expensive.important features that are standard on all other OS are still miss after (near 7 Year of development) USB2, opengl with Mesa.this features btw are at 68k since long time in.

And when see what OS4 offer for the money, there is really no wonder, if near no expert coder write big apps for that OS.its a chicken egg problem.

the user say, i want it or want good hardware when more programs come.
the devs say, i code only for it, if this is not a lame system because i dont believe that the user count increase when the price is too high.

its always the same.First Hardeware must be here to support new features.then if users buy this, the devs see oh there have many users the feature and i can write Soft

See in computer history.3d cards.first there were near 0 3d games out, but when more and more get a System with 3d card, then come more and more 3D games.

Last edited by bernd_afa on 28-Mar-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 28-Mar-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2ChrisH29-Mar-2009 12:54:28
          Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2whose29-Mar-2009 13:28:57

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle