Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 105 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  22 mins ago
 Matt3k:  55 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 1 min ago
 Torque:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 49 mins ago
 MickJT:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 kiFla:  2 hrs 37 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  2 hrs 55 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /   ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2
Register To Post

PosterThread
bernd_afa 
Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ??? part 2
Posted on 29-Mar-2009 10:23:36
#1 ]
Cult Member

@Leo

>Of course, but the goal is to forget about this OS (as you forgot about win3.x, >macos9).

of course, but there is nothing for AOS (neither MOS neither OS4) here that is so much better as macx to mac9 or win3 to win95.

So i see no need to avoid to use old 68k apps i have written.

this little memory protect or nem mem system OS4 offer is only in theory usefull.if you want this, you can install on classic mmulib and can also alloc protectet mem.

If you want a reaper, can USE MCP guru repuester or maybe code something better. you can also switch in winuaeenforcer 1.here you get on every illegal address access a requester, same as reaper.

But thats not usefull use all day, because it make system more instable and dataloss can occur more.

the grim reaper does not open, when a gfx look is done or intuitionBase is locked.try out this program

LockIBase(0)

now read something from illegale mem address(maybe 0), and free ibase.But whole OS4 freeze.most times there are harmless read access, that need not stop a program or get dataloss, but without resource tracking a harmless read can loose your data when the reaper freeze the system

first need resource tracking, so the program that do illegal mem access release all GFX locks and the reaper can show and the program can stop safe.

here need a whole rewritten of the AOS API.But nobody do that or introduce a guidelines for programmers and new functions.Activity on amiga coding is too low.

I dont live in dreams, i see that the newer AOS that are promotet as future are lame and most leave amiga, but i want as much possible software i can use with less work.
resource tracking AROS have in Parts, for example windows.

so i am sure in future i can too add a correct working grim reaper to AFA that is always on.I need no expensive OS4 System.it offer nothing that is not possible to add on 68k.

OS4 and MOS is not the needed step done from Mac9 to mac x or win 95 win 2k

thats btw impossible for OS4, all current OS4 programs(not Linux Ports) need rewritten when they should in future work with full mem protect.

and the 68k emu can better remove

Last edited by bernd_afa on 29-Mar-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 29-Mar-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 29-Mar-2009 at 10:24 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle