Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
36 crawler(s) on-line.
 53 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

-Sam-,  retrofaza

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 -Sam-:  3 mins ago
 retrofaza:  3 mins ago
 vox:  43 mins ago
 Taddy:  55 mins ago
 Dragster:  55 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr ago
 K-L:  2 hrs 9 mins ago
 Poison:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 38 mins ago
 clint:  3 hrs 1 min ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Development
      /  The Mystery Device Running OS4
Register To Post

PosterThread
Step 
Re: The Mystery Device Running OS4
Posted on 25-Mar-2005 14:40:57
#1 ]
Cult Member

@nicholas

Quote:
AHT have decided upon AROS due to Amiga Inc refusing a license for OS4

Well, if what was written here earlier is correct, Amiga did not refuse a license. It was the potential licensee that declined the terms. Imho Amiga is in their full right to set whatever terms they feel is just, and they should not lower their requirements just because the number of potential licensees are few and far between.

Quote:
Amiga Inc did not give AHT a license for OS4 - This is a completely true statement.

It is as correct as it is wrong. They did not grant a license as the other party did not accept the terms.

Quote:
Amga Inc did not give AHT a license for OS4 because they wanted more cash - This could be completely true, or could not be completely true, but is a half true statement.

Again, it could be right aswell as wrong, given ones point of view. It was the potential licensee that did not agree to the terms and therefor were not granted a license.

Just switch between the partys point of view and the whole thing gets twisted in another direction. We all know far too little about the dealings to make any certain claims. It is better to observe the situation with the understanding that nothing is for certain.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

PosterThread
Anonymous 
Posted on 25-Mar-2005 14:44:43
# ]

@nicholas

Quote:

Now, I don't want to get into an argumentabout the semantics of English grammar because this will just turn into a 600-post ann.lu type thread. But.....

If that is the case, then stop feeding this bloody argument. It's pretty clear niether of you are going to concede, give it up, go outside and enjoy the sunshine. Life is too short.

Last edited by Uncharted on 25-Mar-2005 at 02:47 PM.

Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: The Mystery Device Running OS4nicholas25-Mar-2005 15:02:12
          Re: The Mystery Device Running OS425-Mar-2005 15:12:32
              Re: The Mystery Device Running OS4nicholas25-Mar-2005 17:23:05
                  Re: The Mystery Device Running OS4mr_homm25-Mar-2005 17:35:06
                      Re: The Mystery Device Running OS4Step25-Mar-2005 19:28:37

PosterThread
EntilZha 
Posted on 25-Mar-2005 15:54:45
#1 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@nicholas

[quote]Amiga Inc did not give AHT a license for OS4 - This is a completely true statement.[quote]

This is ture, but this is not what you said. If you want to lecture me about english (which isn't my native language, as you well know), then re-read your posts before trying to sell me for an idiot. I might be barely intelligent enough to read english, but I can basically discern between truth and half-truth, since I know what has happened and you don't. You might be an english professor if you like, but that doesn't bring your ramblings closer to the truth.

I really suggest that if you don't know a rat's dropping what you're talking about, then don't talk. Even bullsh*t in high oxford english remains bullsh*t.

"I don't have a frigging clue. I'm norwegian" -- Ole-Egil

All opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Hyperion Entertainment

Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: The Mystery Device Running OS4nicholas25-Mar-2005 17:26:49
          Re: The Mystery Device Running OS4EntilZha25-Mar-2005 20:17:31

PosterThread
billt 
Posted on 25-Mar-2005 18:44:20
#1 ]
Elite Member

@nicholas

Quote:
Amiga Inc did not give AHT a license for OS4 - This is a completely true statement.

Did Amiga Inc. not give it, or did AHT not take it? There's a difference.

From the sounds of things, the two simply could not reach a final agreement to the liking of both sides. That isn't a blatant refusal to give a license like your comment makes it sound happened. It's a lack of compatibility between the goals of two particular companies who were unable to agree on contract terms. We don't know what terms broke the deal, but as an example, company A has a product available for licensing at US$X cost. Company B is very interested in company A's product, but can not or is not willing to pay US$X. That doesn't mean Company A refused to give a license to company B, as it is certainly available. Was money the problem here? Who knows. It may have been a number of different topics that couldn't be satisfactorily negotiated through in this particular case.

Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: The Mystery Device Running OS4Senex25-Mar-2005 19:48:27
      Re: The Mystery Device Running OS4PEB25-Mar-2005 22:09:05

PosterThread
Rogue 
Posted on 25-Mar-2005 20:07:33
#1 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@nicholas

Quote:
See?

Actually not.

You don't know details, so just skip the commentary.

Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle