Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
47 crawler(s) on-line.
 46 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 ggw:  50 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 14 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 MichaelMerkel:  2 hrs 2 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 40 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  3 hrs 10 mins ago
 Gunnar:  3 hrs 17 mins ago
 t0lkien:  3 hrs 19 mins ago
 retrofaza:  3 hrs 50 mins ago
 Rob:  3 hrs 57 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Register To Post

PosterThread
gary_c 
Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Posted on 31-Aug-2006 4:55:01
#1 ]
Cult Member

@Samwel

Quote:
I still think it's unprofessional for a CEO to engage directly with customers. If BBRV was Genesi's PR manager or something alike I could think it was okey.

Well, these are small companies we're talking about, and may not even have a PR manager. I wonder if you would also object to Bill McEwen or the CEO of Hyperion engaging in forum discussions here. In such a case, would you say "send your PR manager instead"?

@nzv58l
Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but I just can't understand why it seems like every time Amiga is on the verge of a milestone, then all of a sudden we see a BBRV post? Do you really think it is just coinsidence or is it done with more malicious intentions?

This kind of comment seems to be made every time bbrv come to Amigaworld.net to participate. I think if the "milestone" you are talking about was an actual firm product availability date or something similar and bbrv said basically "buy ours istead", then there'd be merit to the accusation that bbrv are trying to steal the show. But when there is nothing here but talk about eventual hardware releases, about projects with a legacy of missed deadlines, it seems unfair and inaccurate for bbrv to be accused of that.

@thread

For sure, using "suicide bomber" as a metaphor is risky when there are actual suicide bombers causing tragedies every day. But when Volkswagen uses the same image in an ad (as in the bbrv link), I guess it is acceptable. Of course the reaction of some people to bbrv's use of the metaphor shows their inclination to see bbrv in as negative terms as possible.

It is inevitable that when bbrv post at amigaworld.net, some people will react by bringing up every tired old issue, will say it's "unprofessional" for a company CEO to post in user forums, will denounce it all as ego-driven marketing fluff rather than positive contact from an outfit actually developing and promoting computer hardware ideal for the hardware-less AmigaOS, and bbrv will eventually write something that will offend someone, thus fueling the fire for the next round.

As I've said before, I don't know why bbrv continue to show an interest in 'the Amiga community' -- it seems to me that it is truly an unrewarding effort: not only are there very limited sales to be had, but the effort also gets the usual "sod off" reactions on a very personal level. Clearly, a certain segment of people here are so negative about bbrv that they would rather see Amiga computing wilt and die than have anything to do with Genesi. Apparently that attitude is shared by the AmigaOS decision-makers, to the detriment of the platform. They're apt to get their wish.

-- gary_c

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.Samwel31-Aug-2006 5:59:24
          Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.gary_c31-Aug-2006 6:58:47
      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.tomazkid31-Aug-2006 9:47:18

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle