Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
35 crawler(s) on-line.
 52 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 ggw:  5 mins ago
 clint:  29 mins ago
 kolla:  40 mins ago
 MichaelMerkel:  1 hr 17 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 55 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 25 mins ago
 Gunnar:  2 hrs 32 mins ago
 t0lkien:  2 hrs 34 mins ago
 retrofaza:  3 hrs 5 mins ago
 Rob:  3 hrs 12 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Register To Post

PosterThread
Anonymous 
Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Posted on 17-Sep-2006 23:34:57
# ]

Quote:
itix wrote:
@vision

Quote:

I think you don´t even believe yourself, but you try to convince yourself and all your blue partners that you can live without Amiga and it is not your reference and holy grail. But in the deepest part of your mind, your heart and your soul, YOU KNOW YOU CAN´T.

Maybe the most annoying feature in the Amiga community is that they think they are center of the universe.

Hi itix,

If it were'nt, I'd just use winxp and shut up about it.

I WOULD say macOSx, but there are a bazillion more games for windross.
Quote:
Quote:

But they would certainly sell a lot more if one day they could achieve that, cause the Amiga community would buy them in huge amounts (I am speaking about probably +10.000 units).

There are only 2000-3000 Amiga users left who do not own an A1 or Peg. Many of those are not interested in neo Amiga and many of those have Amithlon or WinUAE. TroikaNG, Samantha or Peg/OS4 would/will sell only about max 100-200 units/year. You can compute how many boards each reseller must sell to get 200/y target.

To produce 10000+ units they probably dont have capital.

I have to agree with the +10,000 number.

What? They could never sell 10,000+ because they don't have enough cash? You mean they can't sell 600 to 1,200, buy more supplies, sell 600 to 1,200 more and so on, until they reach 10,000+??? That's strange.

Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.itix18-Sep-2006 8:32:40
          Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.ironfist18-Sep-2006 9:39:34
      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.polka.18-Sep-2006 9:58:54

PosterThread
vision 
Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Posted on 18-Sep-2006 11:38:20
#1 ]

@itix

Your views are shorten than the ones of a working donkey:

BTW I was not talking about the current userbase, but the thounsands of old Amiga users that still take a look at Amiga websites (as the site's statistics indicate) from time to time, waiting to see the evolution and the possible rebirth of the platform.

There are hundred thousands ex-users that still love Amiga but they leaved the platform as active users simply because the hardware and the state of things suck a lot.

But once some decent hardware appears, they will give it a try for sure. And I am not speaking about being like a pc: We must not focus neither on legacy nor compete against pc in terms of cutting edge features of the harware (because we can´t), but simply on a hardware that can provide us 2 things:

- Enough power to do the most important computing tasks, and hopefully easier than in the wintel way.

- An easy and cheap way to upgrade the system for at least 4 or 5 years.

Quote:
Maybe the most annoying feature in the Amiga community is that they think they are center of the universe.

Meeeeckkk! WRONG ANSWER. Just a little correction to that phrase: They are the centre of the AMIGA universe.

If others come to the Amiga universe (not a different aproach, but just trying to "steal" this community) obviously we feel like something important that someone want to take violently. Maybe if they had used a different approach (not trying to copy or steal), we would not think about them like we do ;)

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.dietmar18-Sep-2006 12:08:48
      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.itix18-Sep-2006 14:56:54
          Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.saimo18-Sep-2006 15:00:36
              Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.opi18-Sep-2006 15:02:49
                  Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.saimo18-Sep-2006 15:05:24
                      Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.opi18-Sep-2006 15:08:23
                          Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.saimo18-Sep-2006 15:19:29

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle