Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 118 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OneTimer1:  7 mins ago
 RobertB:  9 mins ago
 cip060:  40 mins ago
 sibbi:  49 mins ago
 blmara:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 28 mins ago
 pavlor:  2 hrs 59 mins ago
 Seiya:  3 hrs 3 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Hardware
      /  Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000
Register To Post

PosterThread
OlafS25 
Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000
Posted on 15-Apr-2011 14:10:38
#1 ]
Elite Member

@DAX

there will be different views (now and in future) and that is perfectly ok, because it is just a hobby for all of us. When the market is big enough for them to support development it is ok. But it will be very hard to create growth and attract new buyers.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000DAX15-Apr-2011 14:39:47
          Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000OlafS2515-Apr-2011 14:48:54

PosterThread
Caveman 
Posted on 15-Apr-2011 15:01:39
#1 ]
Cult Member

@DAX

Quote:

DAX wrote:
Those guys only played games on the thing and moved to PCs and Macs (the very first computers they actually used for work) after a short while.

So what do you make out of this? What would be a sane marked to go for? Where can the brandname grow? Where to find the money to actually have money for further development of a product, in a pace fast enough, that the platform can be useful for normal use, and preferably also a market that can offer something others can not?

Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000Lou15-Apr-2011 15:29:40

PosterThread
Cool_amigaN 
Posted on 15-Apr-2011 15:13:46
#1 ]

@DAX

Quote:

DAX wrote:
@OlafS25
I agree with number6, Aeon will only try to entice the hardcore followers at first. The 1992 ex-amigan commenting in a mainstream website at this point it's irrelevant. Those guys only played games on the thing and moved to PCs and Macs (the very first computers they actually used for work) after a short while. Let them buy their iPads.
On the other hand there was people also working on (or that learned their profession on) Amiga, they sticked to the platform till they could, buying expansion cards and OS updates (I know of a local studio doing film mountage for marrieges and so on, doing work on heavy loaded A4000s till 2007!) AmigaOS 3.9 solde more than 13.000 copies and it it is in the latter niche that Aeon will initially try to pull customers.

Yeap, I fully agree, those ex-amigans don't know anything about computers. I just came across a guy that asked me for memory protection, USB 2.0, dual core support, 3GB Ram+, FPS rate on a 10 years old 3D game (QIII) and some other stuff. I told him the same: Go buy a x86 evil pc, an Ipad you little Apple slave! AOS4.x is so optimized that doesn't require ANY of the above.

Top | Parent

Replies
SubjectPosterDate
      Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000cheesegrate15-Apr-2011 15:31:21
          Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000DAX15-Apr-2011 15:48:57
      Re: Dave Haynie expresses thoughts on Natami and X1000opi15-Apr-2011 15:48:39

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle