Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 91 guest(s) on-line.
 3 member(s) on-line.

amigakit,  BigD,  pixie

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  2 secs ago
 BigD:  1 min ago
 pixie:  3 mins ago
 michalsc:  20 mins ago
 clint:  25 mins ago
 Frank:  39 mins ago
 zipper:  41 mins ago
 walkero:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 Templario:  2 hrs 16 mins ago
 Yssing:  2 hrs 17 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  PS3, 360, Wii: Tome N°4
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 )
PosterThread
BrianK 
Re: PS3, 360, Wii: Tome N°4
Posted on 11-Feb-2009 18:20:49
#681 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
Thats pretty bad! And like I said, as an owner of both systems, so far the Xbox 360 has been much more reliable. Again, I am a Sony shareholder. I wish this was not the case. But reality is reality. Do you even own a 360?

MikeB has stated here he does not have a 360. So far MikeB claimed to have broken his sister's 360 shortly after borrowing it.

I do own both.
360: more play and my first gen 360 after 2 years had a RRoD. I replaced it with a newer model and a friend bought the replacement which has been running nearly 2 years w/o issue.
PS3: has crashed on numerous games and occassions. The random crash on the random game has improved with subsequent BIOS updates. My PS3 also has the 1 hour into a Blu-Ray movie 'launch the jet plane' fan issue. I guess this is fairly common on first gen PS3s. It doesn't happen with games so not an issue for most of my uses. Well and it's outside it's 1 year warranty so I have to pay to fix it. My solution was to use the Media PC instead for Blu-Ray and HD DVD. In our use and arrangement that's a better option for movies and gets around the loud PS3 along with the PS3 not shipping with IR for a universal remote.

Profile     Report this post  
MikeB 
Posted on 11-Feb-2009 19:40:00
#682 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
MikeB has stated here he does not have a 360. So far MikeB claimed to have broken his sister's 360 shortly after borrowing it.

Well we bought it for my kid sister due to Kameo and Tomb Raider, but it pretty much turned into my console as she didn't play games on it anymore (too bulky controller and loud).

She now has a PS3 like me and already has more games than I have. Very little overlap in games though, only GTA IV, so we can swap. She just borrowed Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift from me as I had far too little spare time due to moving to a new house.

Quote:
PS3: has crashed on numerous games and occassions.

Mine only crashed a couple of times with Oblivion (many people also had problems with GTA IV before its patch, but that was Rockstar's fault), but Gears and Rainbow Six Vegas for example also crashed on me several times when I still had the 360 Premium.

Quote:
My PS3 also has the 1 hour into a Blu-Ray movie 'launch the jet plane' fan issue.

Mine and my sister's PS3 are as good as soundless (both original 60 GB PAL systems), unlike of course the 360, the extend of noise was worse than I could have imagined beforehand.

Maybe the US PS3 model required more cooling due to having both the PS2 CPU and GPU inside, if that's the case I'm happy to have my PS3 without it and have it emulated instead, it emulates the PS2 games I have such as Ape Escap 2 & 3 and God of War 1 and 2 perfectly.

Last edited by MikeB on 11-Feb-2009 at 08:28 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 11-Feb-2009 19:41:41
#683 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
Xbox360: Take off harddrive, return console, wait 2-3 weeks, get new console, play all saved games.
PS3: Wait a day or so, reformat harddrive, play no more saved games.

Or alternatively buy a 2GB USB memory card for 5 euros at Media Markt and back up those save games.

MikeB 
Posted on 11-Feb-2009 19:58:26
#684 ]
Elite Member

@wegster

Quote:
So, why were you banned from NeoGaf?

One mod there thought I was too negative towards Microsoft. Disliking especially my past postings regarding RRoD reports (a long time ago though, but this wasn't acted on back then) or regarding disc scratching issues (Dutch reporting and such).

I don't care, some PS3 fans came to my defense though and were quickly banned as well (politely stating 360 trolls seem to get away with just about anything on NeoGAF, but postings presenting proof or interesting information is being acted on if the presented data does not suit the moderator's preferences). The owner of VGChartz is also banned, likewise are some software developers and so is the thread starter of the most viewed NeoGAF thread ever (unsurprisingly a PS3 fan):

Wollan is a great poster though (his thread title was changed by a mod though, nearly 3 million reads for this thread of his):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342018

MikeB 
Posted on 11-Feb-2009 20:02:51
#685 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
So you are discrediting information from a link that *you* yourself provided now. Just because we noticed a negative line about the PS3 in the article?

It isn't just one article, there are dozens of similar articles. But yes that PS3 reference was uncalled for. I posted prood with regard to this before.

The issue was extremely limited to just very few people and can't be compared to anything like a Ring of Death.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 12-Feb-2009 0:55:41
#686 ]
Team Member

@MikeB

Quote:
One mod there thought I was too negative towards Microsoft.

Well you are heavily biased and unfair in comparisons Mike. Thats pretty evident. Again I ask, what are you trying to prove here? You link articles sometimes that are balanced when taken as a whole, and then when the elements raising issues about Sony and the PS3 are quoted back to you, you dismiss your own source materials. Do you really take the readers of this forum to be gullible enough that they will only read your specific "highlights", where you will only point of the things citing Microsoft issues?

Amiga 1200

wegster 
Posted on 12-Feb-2009 3:23:37
#687 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@wegster

Quote:
So, why were you banned from NeoGaf?

One mod there thought I was too negative towards Microsoft. Disliking especially my past postings regarding RRoD reports (a long time ago though, but this wasn't acted on back then) or regarding disc scratching issues (Dutch reporting and such).

I don't care, some PS3 fans came to my defense though and were quickly banned as well (politely stating 360 trolls seem to get away with just about anything on NeoGAF, but postings presenting proof or interesting information is being acted on if the presented data does not suit the moderator's preferences). The owner of VGChartz is also banned, likewise are some software developers and so is the thread starter of the most viewed NeoGAF thread ever (unsurprisingly a PS3 fan):

Wollan is a great poster though (his thread title was changed by a mod though, nearly 3 million reads for this thread of his):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342018

eek, 725 pages! I'm not thinking I'll be reading THAT today..

QuBe 
Posted on 12-Feb-2009 6:41:54
#688 ]

@wegster

I am sure you will agree wegster... this 360/PS3 lark is a pointless argument... in the end people buy what they want because they like it; it satisfies their needs... of course you will defend something you have spent money on... on occasion that defense is grounded in fact, on some occasions it is not... facts are smudged, twisted and distorted... If you are happy with your purchase, your equipment, your games... then so be it and don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise... if you are satisfied no once can say anything...

Of course if things fail, or don't work as advertised (what does honestly 100% of the time), or you feel duped you can always take legal action... but ultimately I say again... tit for tat is pointless; if the Ps3 satisfies you great, if it doesn't then so be it, get a 360 or a Wii. If you are tired of replacing your 360, then sue MS, or keep buying one because you like Gears... in the end everyone to his own...

I enjoy my PS3 for what it is; i think it is the best console; of course I may be wrong, up to people to convince me otherwise if they wish to waste their time... difficult to change minds, difficult to change habbits... as my motto has always been through life... and that is - covering most of "life's" tribulations, opportunities and opportunities you may have lost... "only through loss do you learn"... you have to feel the pain or the sweet taste of victory in the choices you make... only you, no one else really cares! (except maybe Amigans, LOL!)

Q!

"i aM hOMe"

Last edited by QuBe on 12-Feb-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Last edited by QuBe on 12-Feb-2009 at 06:44 AM.
Last edited by QuBe on 12-Feb-2009 at 06:42 AM.

Hammer 
Posted on 12-Feb-2009 11:51:41
#689 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@QuBe

Quote:
I'm very bullish on Killzone 2 MikeB... I think this is going to be good for Sony. Also, some journalists who have had sneak peaks at Unchartered 2 say it is looking amazing!

Yeah, can't wait! The game is said to include far more extensive damage as well.

Blurry textures er Mike?

Gleng 
Posted on 12-Feb-2009 13:41:42
#690 ]

@QuBe

Console wars are always pointless. I grew out of them after I left junior school.

I personally own a PS3 and a Wii. I love all the cutesy Wii games like Super Mario Galaxy, but sometimes you've just got to shoot someone in the face, which is why I also own the PS3.

I can see why the 360 is a good console, but it's no good for Linux, Homebrew, etc, so it's not for me.

BrianK 
Posted on 12-Feb-2009 23:26:33
#691 ]
Elite Member

@Gleng

360 and PS3 play nice

Lou 
Posted on 13-Feb-2009 12:20:30
#692 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Gleng

360 and PS3 play nice

I so glad we didn't get to see him play with his wii...

Yo 
Posted on 13-Feb-2009 12:41:12
#693 ]
Team Member

@thread

This thread has been locked, the NEW! Improved! thread continuation can be found

here!

(No, I didn't type that with a straight face.)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle