Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
0 crawler(s) on-line.
 67 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  56 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 bhabbott:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 RobertB:  3 hrs 1 min ago
 Hammer:  3 hrs 12 mins ago
 Hypex:  3 hrs 41 mins ago
 matthey:  5 hrs 48 mins ago
 agami:  5 hrs 58 mins ago
 allegewould:  7 hrs 11 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  the Happyness thread - share the goodness
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Derfs 
the Happyness thread - share the goodness
Posted on 20-Mar-2006 21:24:57
#1 ]
Cult Member

after all the hate, anger, sarcasm and apathy going about at the moment, i thought it was a great idea to start this thread about what is going on in our lives which makes us happy

this has all come about due to there being no new news, and so people seem to like to depress themselves by arguing over stuff that was argued over before many times, just for the hell of it who cares about if amiga inc are in or out of business, or guessing if this is the month for new hardware. its not going to change the outcome if you annoy other ppl

so, on that note, i could be getting a promotion soon, which although means more work also means more money also means i can finally go for that house i want to buy

more hapiness == less stress == aw.net being a better place to visit

whos with me ?

Profile     Report this post  
d0c 
Re: the Happyness thread - share the goodness
Posted on 20-Mar-2006 21:32:26
#2 ]
Cult Member

@Derfs

Derfs 
Posted on 20-Mar-2006 22:34:50
#3 ]
Cult Member

@d0c

thanks for being imature about this and trying to hijack another thread

/me claps

Oppressor 
Posted on 20-Mar-2006 22:48:36
#4 ]

@d0c

LOL!

TrebleSix 
Posted on 20-Mar-2006 22:50:43
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Derfs

dont look like anyone is taking the bait

hatschi 
Posted on 20-Mar-2006 22:51:05
#6 ]
Elite Member

@Derfs
Quote:
thanks for being imature about this and trying to hijack another thread

Ok, let me try better than all these whiners and pessimists:

Did I do it properly Derfs?

Derfs 
Posted on 20-Mar-2006 23:02:52
#7 ]
Cult Member

@hatschi

yes lets make a joke out of it all, its not like i was serious and want some place i can post and chat with others where it isnt turned on its head, and where sarcasm and hatred rule.

i know, too much to ask isnt it.

can you delete those smilies and bananas from your post as they were never wanted (or the point) of this thread in the first place.

Derfs 
Posted on 20-Mar-2006 23:04:12
#8 ]
Cult Member

@TrebleSix

bait?

you can read into it what you want. there was no hidden meaning. if nothing good is happeneing in your life then i hope it gets better, else share whats good about you and yours atm.

nicomen 
Posted on 20-Mar-2006 23:26:49
#9 ]
Cult Member

@Derfs

How about a joke?

This guy comes into a bar and orders three separate shots of Irish whiskey. He downs one, engages in casual conversation with the bartender, eventually finishing the other two.

This goes on for a few days and the bartender finally says, "You know, I can put all three shots in one glass for you." The other gentleman replies, "No, I prefer it this way. See, I'm very close to my two brothers. They're both in Ireland now and this represents a drink for each of us. This way I can be closer to them and feel like we are all having a drink together." The bartender agrees and continues to set them up as requested.

This goes on for several months, and then one day, the guy orders two shots. Well the bartender begins to worry that maybe something has happened to one of his brothers. He's gotten to know this guy over the month and finally feels it necessary to ask. "Is everything alright?" the bartender asked. "What do you mean?" replied the gentleman. "Well," the bartender said, "all these months you've ordered three drinks. Now you've only ordered two. Something didn't happen to one of your brothers, did it?" "No," the gentleman replied. "They are okay. It's just that I quit drinking."

Derfs 
Posted on 20-Mar-2006 23:37:30
#10 ]
Cult Member

@nicomen

i only hope you didnt type all that

nicomen 
Posted on 20-Mar-2006 23:50:34
#11 ]
Cult Member

@Derfs

Now I didn't, I cat and pestered it.

Another:

A man walks into a bar looking disappointed and carrying a black bag over one shoulder. He sits down at the bar. The bartender walks up. "What`s in the bag?", asks the bartender. The man puts the bag on the bar, reaches in and pulls out a baby grand piano, a small bench and a 12 inch tall man wearing a top hat and a tux with tails.

The 12 inch tall man sits down at the piano and begins playing Beethoven. "That`s amazing!" says the bartender, his eyes wide with disbelief. "Where did he come from?". The man reaches into the bag and pulls out a genie lamp. "Rub the lamp" he says, pushing the lamp toward the bartender.

The bartender grabs the lamp and begins rubbing it vigorously with his bar rag. Out pops an old, wrinkled genie. "I grant you one wish" he says to the bartender. "I want a million bucks!" says the bartender. "Done" says the genie. The genie disappears back into the lamp. Moments pass.

Suddenly a duck appears on the bar with a poof. Then another....and another. They appear on the bar stools...on the tables...on the Budweiser sign on the wall. POOF...POOF...POOF. Thousands...tens of thousands of ducks begin to fill the bar! "Christ!" shouts the bartender. "I didn't`t say ducks!" he yells, "I said bucks!". The man at the bar looks at the bartender, "You think I asked for a 12 inch pianist?"

DoodooHead 
Posted on 20-Mar-2006 23:55:59
#12 ]
Cult Member

@Derfs

I am Happy! This week I received Audio Evolution 4, Art Effect 4, and AmiPhoto v1.0. I also received a Sii3112 card and Terratec Aureon 7.1 Space sound card. My online shopping was successful! My AmigaOne XE is getting mightier by the day as I install software and upgrade hardware. I hooked up a 10,000 RPM SATA HD. I'm going to use it for the sampling with AE4. There is more fun to come!

umisef 
Posted on 21-Mar-2006 0:29:33
#13 ]

@Derfs

Well, two things --- I made something at work, work (as in, it used to fail, now it works). Can't tell you more.

The other --- I finally caught most of the amazing Australia vs South Africa one day series decider on telly last night. In the best-of-five series, South Africa had taken the first two matches, then Australia had taken the next two. So all it came down to the fifth match. Australia made an unprecedented 434 in a single innings (no, this is not baseball, it's cricket), which was about 10% more than the previous world record (and *that* record was set against a so called "minnow", i.e. one of the developing teams. Think, say, of the US playing Uganda in basketball :). And then South Africa turned around, and instead of collapsing or giving up, WON the game, making 438 and grabbing the record right off the Aussies. Watching the crowd go from stunned and awed semi-silence at the start of the SA innings to complete frenzy when it came down to three balls to go, SA needing one run to tie, two to win, and having only a single wicket in hand, with Ntini (who is NOT in the team for his batting ability) on strike, facing his first ball... and making a single. So game tied, Boucher on strike, two balls to go. Oh, the memories of 1999 (World Cup semifinal, a most dramatic game. Same two teams, same situation, two balls to go, game tied, and then there was a runout, giving the spot in the final to Australia). Then boucher hits the second-last ball for a 4, and South Africa have done the impossible; In a game that rewrote most of the records for one-day cricket (most runs scored, highest team total, most boundaries, both jointly and individually for fours and sixes, most expensive single bowling figures, highest successful run chase, fastest hundred for SA, highest personal best for at least one player, and many more), they came out victorious in the end, burying, hopefully for good, some of the world cup demons.
I am still kicking myself for not having stayed up late when the game was originally played and broadcast (I meant to, but then felt sick and decided to get a good night's sleep instead), but this was such an amazing game that even watching the rerun, knowing perfectly well how it played out, it was edge-of-the-seat stuff. Here is me hoping for a DVD box set, with the complete coverage of both the 99 world cup semifinal and this series decider.....

Derfs 
Posted on 21-Mar-2006 0:43:02
#14 ]
Cult Member

@umisef

i would have thought after the ashes the aussies wouldnt want another right to the end test match series heh. seems like no matter what they always give a good game

anyway we will leave england out of the cricket talk now..

umisef 
Posted on 21-Mar-2006 0:51:18
#15 ]

@Derfs

Quote:
i would have thought after the ashes the aussies wouldnt want another right to the end test match series heh

This was a one-day series, but yeah, the Aussies have been on the losing end of some rather thrilling setups recently. Which I, personally, think is a great thing :)

Still debating with myself whether to order the Ashes DVD set and the Edgebaston Test DVD from amazon.uk --- it's really time Australia gets an amazon store; The postage is what's killing me....

AmiGame 
Posted on 21-Mar-2006 10:24:48
#16 ]
Elite Member

@Derfs

Last week at work was terrible...
A Raid Card Control failed on our DNS/WINS/PDC/SourceSafe server.
It's a very old server so no replacment...
I had to get a Server shipped from our HQ (I'm on a customer site) which arrivived the following day.
Windows 2000 Installed (previous server was WinNT4), but no install Disk...
I finally managed to connect to to our Network (workgroup instead of Domain) to recover a few Install sofware backups from another machine...) after a lot of feedling around, I finally configure it nicely (and it's a lot faster than the previous old c####). But I couldn't connect to our HQ Network... Trusted Connection wasn't working as the HQ Firewall was blocking it (so I was told )... Emails, and a few other things were not working.... Then on Thursday, we managed to have Emails working... for about 5 minutes and then it falls over again... But FINALLY, this morning, we managed to get everything (most of it) back on line... Part of it was due to poor server performance at our HQ...

So this morning I was really happy... Then Next week we get a new beast in PROD (really powerful Database Server)... And I shouldget this week a new more powerful server for our test/dev environment... So this week is starting a lot better than the last one...
In fact it started this weekend when I managed to re-install OpenTransportTycoon on my A1... I just need more money now to build more Trains and Train Stations... Any cheats code anyone ?

Jerry

- A1XE-G4 up and runing with:
512MB Ram / 200GB and 80GB HardDisks on Sii0680.
AOS4 Final Update / AmiZilla 0.1 Alpha

RoqueFort 
Posted on 21-Mar-2006 13:14:36
#17 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

TrebleSix wrote:
@Derfs

dont look like anyone is taking the bait

None of us are desperate for carrots.

If the bait, on the other hand, was CHEESE...

Sex doesn't prove to me that sex doesn't suck.

Seer 
Posted on 21-Mar-2006 19:47:25
#18 ]
Team Member

@Derfs

I had sex today.. Well, at least I dreamed I had...

Martin_Lee 
Posted on 21-Mar-2006 20:39:27
#19 ]

@Seer

yay for you? lol

Had a dream I was on a space station which was nice

Ti Powerbook 15|1GHZ|1GBram

Anonymous 
Posted on 22-Mar-2006 0:11:53
# ]

Quote:
Martin_Lee wrote:

@Seer

yay for you? lol

Had a dream I was on a space station which was nice

Hi Martin_Lee,

Did you get super powers too?

Report this post  
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle