Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 81 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

OlafS25

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  3 mins ago
 bhabbott:  5 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  12 mins ago
 Rob:  27 mins ago
 matthey:  50 mins ago
 billt:  52 mins ago
 Lou:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 50 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  2 hrs 28 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
PosterThread
ikir 
Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 17:38:58
#101 ]
Elite Member

@DoodooHead

Because if they moderate him, an army of users and websites will say "Argh! AW.net only censure blue/mos/bbrv threads!!".

Profile     Report this post  
dan.hutch 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 17:38:59
#102 ]
Cult Member

@bbrv

Quote:
@Rudei and the rest of the politically correct astute

You guys need to take a break...

Watch this.

Be back later.

R&B

This and the earlier suicide bomber remarks are tasteless, irrelevant and unprofessional.

Do not forget you are representing a business by posting on this forum, the people reading your posts are customers and there may be many more potential customers.

This is just bad PR and does you no favours. In fact, I am tempted to retract my earlier praise for Genesi.

DoodooHead 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 18:01:23
#103 ]
Cult Member

@tomazkid

Quote:
We treat them the same as anyone else, in that some leeway is given if they are seen to be providing helpfull (or not) information rather than blatant selling of products, which seemed to be the case here.

I refer you to post number 68. Where BBRV informs us that "EFIKA for Sale!" with a link to a web shop, and the fact that "MorphOS and GNU/Linux run just fine, thank you."

This seems to me to be like a Dell employee posting here telling us that a "Dell Dimension B110 is for sale" with a link to their web shop and maybe saying that "Windows XP and Linux run just fine, thank you."

This is blatant advertisement. It offers no helpful information. BBRV are attempting to peddle their wares here at Amigaworld.net in volation of the TOS.

Last edited by DoodooHead on 30-Aug-2006 at 06:03 PM.

ssolie 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 18:06:57
#104 ]
Elite Member

@dan.hutch
Quote:
Do not forget you are representing a business by posting on this forum, the people reading your posts are customers and there may be many more potential customers.

They also represent Power.org and I don't think Power.org would look favourably on such behaviour especially from a "Founder" sponsor. Their various corporate partners may not be as undestanding as we are either.

hatschi 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 18:11:43
#105 ]
Elite Member

@DoodooHead & Ikir

Quote:
This is blatant advertisement. It offers no helpful information. BBRV are attempting to peddle their wares here at Amigaworld.net in volation of the TOS.

By the same logic, do you think that Matthew/Amigakit should be moderated each time when he links to items available in his shop? No? Why is that? Maybe because Matthew is the "good guy" and bbrv is the "bad guy"? This is exactly not how moderation works.
It works -as tomazkid already stated- by treating him just like anyone else and by applying the TOS to everybody in the same way.
Ok, enough moderation-talk in the forums, better take it to PM if you feel treated wrong.

Anonymous 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 18:21:32
# ]

@ikir:

> Because if they moderate him, an army of users and websites will say "Argh! AW.net only censure blue/mos/bbrv threads!!".

Please, don't mix bbrv with "mos" and "blue" in the same line. bbrv have got nada to do with MorphOS for a very long time now, and I (and I suppose the majority of the MorphOS Team) would also like to see the b*llsh*t spread by the two headed four letter word stopped.

bbrv have spoiled a lot in the past and never seem to cease doing so. But please, don't blame it on MorphOS or its users or members. Thanks.

Report this post  
Seer 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 18:47:29
#107 ]
Team Member

@Me Myself and everyboy else

Quote:
Not to defend BBRV but AFAIK, those people either didn't sue or no judge has ruled on that one. As long as it's just a webpage it's just that.

I know a few other people who say they are owed money from BBRV but they decided that they didn't want to sue or continue pursuing that.

I may need to clarify this a little.

I'm not saying there are no people wo aren't owned money by Genesi as there are people out there that didn't go public or didn't go on about it, but I do think if one makes a webpage stating somebody owes you a lot of money I feel you should sue that person (and drop the webpage) and not just talk about it.

And AFAIK, some people on that site didn't want to be put up there in the first place, but that's AFAIK / IIRC

AmigaHeretic 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 19:06:50
#108 ]

@bbrv

Quote:
particularly since the lawyers for the Amiga IP holders are active again!

You as a person: Note very mature. You as Person trying to represent a Business on here: Not a very smart way to make a good impression

Quote:
@Amiga Inc. legal question: the current Amiga, Inc. of Delaware seems to have become more aggressive and restrictive on their IP claims

You as a person: Good questions would be interested to hear more. You as Person trying to represent a Business on here: Contact them in private!

Quote:
they apparently have money to spend on law firms (though Bolton is still owed money and has an outstanding judgment

You as a person: The same could be said about you trying to get the Amiga name on a VERY thin contract that had nothing to do with AmigaOS or the hardware you were sueing about. You as Person trying to represent a Business on here: Very embarassing!

Quote:
German court has already ruled that no exclusive rights to the OS went out of Commodore. Not to mention there are legal licensees from that time period, but that is enough for now. We will cover the rest in the questions...

You as a person: Are you trying to get the Amiga name again? Why "MorphOS" not good enough for you. You as Person trying to represent a Business on here: /Me slaps forehead. Doh!

Quote:
suicide bombing

You as a person: Tasteless You as Person trying to represent a Business on here: Very Tasteless

Quote:
There *are* a couple that we may ultimately compensate in some way, but that will be at our discretion and for no other reason than we want to.

You as a person: Why would you just give away free money then? Can I have some? You as Person trying to represent a Business on here: Giving away "free" money is not a very smart business plan? Or are you hiding something?

Posting a video to Suicide Bombing after someone already posted that it was offensive? That is rude and disgusting.

nzv58l 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 19:21:22
#109 ]

@bbrv

I think it would cost you less, if you were to just buy an OS4 liscense rather than pay all the lawyer fees to sue people to try and get stuff for free. Probably make more friends that way too!

Darth_X 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 19:53:41
#110 ]
Elite Member

@nzv58l

Quote:

nzv58l wrote:
@bbrv

I think it would cost you less, if you were to just buy an OS4 liscense rather than pay all the lawyer fees to sue people to try and get stuff for free. Probably make more friends that way too!

Have you read this?

Darth_X 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 20:16:11
#111 ]
Elite Member

@Chip

Is that SATAN in your avatar, or just a picture of you?

Darth_X 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 20:27:02
#112 ]
Elite Member

@ikir

Quote:

ikir wrote:
@DoodooHead

Because if they moderate him, an army of users and websites will say "Argh! AW.net only censure blue/mos/bbrv threads!!".

You would call a mere 5 trolls an army?

Chip 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 20:53:20
#113 ]
Cult Member

@Darth_X

No! That's a devil. Satan would look like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:410_saddam_and_dinner.gif
Chip...

Last edited by Chip on 30-Aug-2006 at 09:43 PM.

nzv58l 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 21:08:33
#114 ]

@Darth_X

Yep! I read it, but it still seems like something is missing. It is hard to tell what the truth is in this whole mess.

In my own thinking, I try to look at what is the motivation behind the actions. If Amiga were being paid for an OS, then it certainly would not hurt having OS4 run on the Pegs as well. If Amiga were stiffed on the deal and then the deal fell through, they certainly would not want to give it away for free.

Anyway, Last I heard was that if they wanted OS4 on the Peg, that they would just need to buy a liscense and provide enough information and funding to do the porting work.

However, it doesn't look to me, based on the cheap looking office in the picture, that they have the money to do so.

dolen 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 21:09:50
#115 ]

Maybe bbrv stepped on a few toes in the passed. But everybody should keep in mind that those guys made things happen.
If I got it correctly they are the same team as was named phase5 when Amiga was still among the eggs in the basket.
They came up with cybergraphx and stated the common standard for rtg graphics on amigaOS. Commodore did nothing so they had to do it themselves. And it worked extreamly well with my cybervision64! Good work!!!
Then who made the amiga step up to PPC? Amiga inc did´nt do it! Phase5 made it happen! The cyberstormPPC/233 made it into my A4000. And it worked!!! Extreamly well done phase5!! And very offensive to! No pardon, but they made it happen while the competition were only scratching their heads!
And than off to the AmigaOS ng running on PPC....who made it happen? How many years ahead were they when they got Pegasos/morphOS onto the market? Amiga inc still has nothing for me to buy. BBRV has!

There arent very many places to reach out to us amigans anymore! Thats why they sneak up some marketing here. They do what it takes to move forward and reach out to potential customers! AmigaOS needs this company!

I just cant beleave some of you people!!

tomazkid 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 21:44:26
#116 ]
Team Member

@Will

Quote:
oh, oh! My first moderated post! Well, okay, it was the quote that was moderated, not actually anything I said, but hey, I'm still excited. I really feel like I've joined the amigaworld commuinity now

to amigaworld.net

nzv58l 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 21:54:36
#117 ]

@dolen

I understand what you are saying, but I just can't understand why it seems like every time Amiga is on the verge of a milestone, then all of a sudden we see a BBRV post? Do you really think it is just coinsidence or is it done with more malicious intentions?

It also seems like much of what is said to us in these communications would be better heard by someone who could really do something about it. I don't really come here to listen about legal stuff, I just want to hear about updates to the OS (Amiga OS4 or Amiga OS classic for that matter) and new applications/development. Save that stuff for the lawyers who usually do more research into how much your worth than your actual case.

Kind of seems like instead of going to the mechanic to fix your car, you go to all the mechanics customers to have them bug the mechanic to fix your car. That won't make the mechanic very happy, and won't make the mechanics customers happy either. So BBRV either, take your car to the mechanic, or fix it yourself. Either way, don't ask me to be a middle man.

Bodie_CI5 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 21:59:38
#118 ]
Elite Member

@Will

Don't worry, I've been modded as a mod... and have had to mod own statements

Chain-Q 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 22:07:52
#119 ]
Cult Member

@Chip
Quote:
It's quite interesting that you found similarities between a suicide bomber and me

Edited: removed sentence with a very bad simile/Tomazkid

Quote:
while you was the one who doesn't payed your developers,

... and it was you who celebrated that event in all forums in the known universe, stating that "MorphOS is finally dead, it has no future at all, so everyone should go to OS4 finally". Obviously, that didn't happen, but quite the opposite did. You always forget to admit your own role in making the #### happen, and you still refer to Zapek's site as many times as you can. You celebrated "death" of MorphOS, then you blame bbrv destroying it? How ironic.

And again, it was you who stated that i didn't managed to port FPC to OS4, i failed, and in fact, i never wanted to do it, and i just asked for the uA1 to fool everyone and to get some money for nothing by selling the machine. Obviously, quite the opposite did happen. How ironic.

And it was you who nearly managed to destroy Cobra's DVPlayer project by implementing a nice GPL violation into first OS4 version of avcodec. Of course, developers doing the obvious (asking for the source) were evil, not you, the one who managed to screw it up. How ironic.

And yes, you lent a BPPC machine for MOS PowerUP developments. Just like bbrv gave lot of free Pegs to all kinds of people and developers. So what. It just means you've a more similar attitude to bbrv than you ever imagined... How ironic.

Think about it, and PUSH ABUSE REPORT BUTTON NOW.

Last edited by tomazkid on 31-Aug-2006 at 10:11 AM.

ironfist 
Posted on 30-Aug-2006 22:14:38
#120 ]
Cult Member

"We continue to pay developers - many of them. "

As always with trolls, they read what they want to read.

This line means = We pay the developers that are employed by us. There are
hundreds of developers who have recieved ODW's for free but all are of course
not paid nor employed by Genesi. Genesi only employs the best of the best.

dholm was employed by Genesi for a long time, beeing the super Gentoo-developer
and the one responsible for making Gentoo work on Pegasos.

czp, the guy who gave us OpenSUSE is employed. Pieter van den Abeele who focus
on HTPC is employed, etc. etc.

Lisardman that makes The Mupper Rescue CD is a perfect example of someone who
got an ODW for free but recieves no other pay from Genesi.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle