Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 75 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  5 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  11 mins ago
 zipper:  15 mins ago
 kolla:  17 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  26 mins ago
 fatbob_gb:  40 mins ago
 bhabbott:  42 mins ago
 matthey:  59 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 32 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
PosterThread
bbrv 
Re: EFIKA, interviews, a future, etc.
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 13:44:46
#641 ]

@salmo - just leave the thread. Stop reading! Thanks. Please come back when the collaboration is done. Facts are facts. They don't go away.

Post edited by Bodie_CI5: Please discuss politics in a non-Amiga thread.

R&B

Last edited by Bodie_CI5 on 20-Sep-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Last edited by Bodie_CI5 on 20-Sep-2006 at 10:12 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
saimo 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 13:49:49
#642 ]
Elite Member

@bbrv

Quote:

bbrv wrote:
@salmo - just leave the thread. Stop reading! Thanks.

You have no right to command me to do that.
It is unpolite of you to command me to do that.
Are you feeling uncomfortable?
Don't you like criticism?

Quote:
Please come back when the collaboration is done. Facts are facts. They don't go away.

So, why don't you follow your own advice and come back (and stick to just the) facts, instead of littering these forums with nothing but flammable junk?

saimo

number6 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 13:55:11
#643 ]
Elite Member

@bbrv

I hope I can get you to consider looking at this from the perspective of a group
of people I don't believe you have considered here.
Working with the hardware developers and AmigaInc, we either have signed NDA
or a "personal code" we live by as to how we go about these kinds of communications.

What you need to ask yourself, Bill, is how -we- feel when we are living up to
an agreed set of standards regarding communication, and then see these postings
in an open forum. Frankly, it demeans any sort of code of ethics we have tried
to follow. Just because we aren't the size of Microsoft doesn't mean we can't
still strive to achieve a moderate level of professionalism.

I hope you see my point.

bbrv 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:02:43
#644 ]

@saimo

duh.

Because this is a discussion?

Because we have a common interest in Amiga?

Because we like you?

Salmo, we are an ugly, two-headed, stupid, incarnation of your worst nightmare and Bill Buck is a mean, bad SOB. You can call me that too! Bill is posting this (hi! ). Welcome to the world of the Internet!

BTW, did you notice how software is developed today in open source communities?! Please research this concept: meritocracy.

Also consider this:

All a good hardware needs to be successful is a good software support. You won't do much with a perfect system without applications. In order to get software you have to attract developers. Surely a clean ISA with everything in the right place is a good starting point, but you also need some hardware test and develop your programs (since emulators are not that good). With opensource you don't even have to pay that much if you provide hardware that is affordable enough and that people could use for their projects.

Can you hear me now? See the challenge? And, that is just part of it....

@salmo - be part of the solution! Focus on the topic or take our ealier advice. Thanks.

R&B

saimo 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:10:41
#645 ]
Elite Member

@bbrv

Quote:

duh.

Because this is a discussion?

Because we have a common interest in Amiga?

Because we like you?

Salmo, we are an ugly, two-headed, stupid, incarnation of your worst nightmare and Bill Buck is a mean, bad SOB. You can call me that too! Bill is posting this (hi! ). Welcome to the world of the Internet!

BTW, did you notice how software is developed today in open source communities?! Please research this concept: meritocracy.
Also consider this:

All a good hardware needs to be successful is a good software support. You won't do much with a perfect system without applications. In order to get software you have to attract developers. Surely a clean ISA with everything in the right place is a good starting point, but you also need some hardware test and develop your programs (since emulators are not that good). With opensource you don't even have to pay that much if you provide hardware that is affordable enough and that people could use for their projects.

Can you hear me now? See the challenge? And, that is just part of it....

This has got *nothing* to do with the fact that your behaviour is offensive.
BTW: why you think that you have to teach me and everybody else just about anything is beyond me.

Quote:

@salmo - be part of the solution!

I'm doing my best, only in a different way.

Quote:

Focus on the topic or take our ealier advice. Thanks.

You insist with your unexcusable, authoritarian and offensive behaviour. You have no rights no command anybody to do anything here.

saimo

bbrv 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:16:36
#646 ]

@number6

100% understand and agree. We are not discussing anything here that forces you to violate your NDA. We are trying to figure out how to solve a problem. It is a big one and there are many components to it !! You do not have to violate any code of ethics you have to participate in the discussion. Nothing is being demeaned. We hope you understand that.

Professionalism is a word that is not defined in terms of Microsoft. Here is the definition of professionalism for all the non-English speakers:

professionalism (noun) - the competence or skill expected of a professional : the key to quality and efficiency is professionalism. The practicing of an activity, esp. a sport, by professional rather than amateur players : the trend toward professionalism.

Participation here is a business for Genesi. Participation is more than a marketing tool. The same goes for Power.org.

1. Genesi is a manufacturer of Power Architecture workstations and workgroup servers.

2. Our primary market for these products is the Power Architecture development market, both independent developers and organizations that use Power Architecture.

3. Our single best investment in advertising, marketing, promotion and engineering support is Power.org.

4. All of our work with Power.org, our energy, drive, enthusiasm, has, as its foundation, the requirement to sell our products to the Power Architecture community.

5. Our investment is substantial for a small company. It can only be justified if:

- Power.org is growing and that growth, in both paid member organizations and developers, is expanding the market for our products.

- We have products to sell to that community.

6. Almost a year ago we announced new and exciting products from Genesi that generated great interest and anticipation in the Power Architecture development community. Our team has continued to develop Power Architecture operating system releases even though the market for these releases is much smaller because of the departure of Apple.

Have a look: www.mypowerpc.org

OK, now, we really do have to go. Bye for now!

R&B

jkirk 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:17:12
#647 ]
Elite Member

@ironfist

Quote:
How can any software company hire contractors and then not own the code?! Ben Hermans is supposed to be a lawyer. Can he be this stupid?!

nobody says this about
ID software
EA Entertainment
2K Games
Etc.....

if a software company cannot handle the coding alone they contract out work. this work is cheaper if they do not claim ownership to the source. if they want to continue the game with a different developer they have two options. buy the source or recreate the source. unless they are like id and only have to recreate the game feel and graphics.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

TheMagicM 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:17:25
#648 ]

@bbrv

your plans sound fine and dandy on the internet. What about MOS? Do you have any plans to fix whatever mess is left between yourself and the developers? Are you trying to work out a deal with Hyperion to get OS4 to the Pegasos because you cannot fix whatever was done in the past w/regards to money owed to MOS developers?

....inquiring minds want to know....

Skyraker 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:17:50
#649 ]
Cult Member

Edited post: reason Flame/Attacks

Last edited by tomazkid on 20-Sep-2006 at 04:28 PM.

[quote]Amiga were also offered Amithlon before anyone else. I was the first to run it. It ROCKED HARD. I begged them to use it, we had a WINNER and could sell a bajillion of them. We owned all the rights to it! But sadly, Bill and Fleecy didn't want peopl

saimo 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:21:38
#650 ]
Elite Member

@Skyraker

I'm not a mod, but, anyway, I guess that the sooner this is said, the better: please consider removing your comment.

saimo

Skyraker 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:23:57
#651 ]
Cult Member

I considered it.

[quote]Amiga were also offered Amithlon before anyone else. I was the first to run it. It ROCKED HARD. I begged them to use it, we had a WINNER and could sell a bajillion of them. We owned all the rights to it! But sadly, Bill and Fleecy didn't want peopl

opi 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:25:02
#652 ]
Team Member

@Skyraker

Wow! Talking about Kkkommunity.

Skyraker 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:26:37
#653 ]
Cult Member

Removed post: Reason Flame/Attacks

Last edited by tomazkid on 20-Sep-2006 at 04:27 PM.

TheMagicM 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:32:53
#654 ]

@skyraker:

i'm sure people wish the same for you. :)

Skyraker 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:34:15
#655 ]
Cult Member

@TheMagicM

Yep, the missus mostly

Mark 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:37:21
#656 ]
Team Member

@Skyraker

This thread is now locked pending further moderator approval, its decended into trolling and flaming.

Mark

Van_M 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:37:42
#657 ]

Edited: removed reply to flame/attack

Last edited by tomazkid on 20-Sep-2006 at 04:29 PM.

jkirk 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 14:47:52
#658 ]
Elite Member

@bbrv

Quote:
We are trying to figure out how to solve a problem.

the best way to solve a problem is direct contact. forums should not be used in this way UNLESS it is secured. as a public forum is anything but secure the issues you wish to talk about cannot be discussed. also if you are not an investor,owner, or employee this info is unlikely to be shared with you.

now when licensing os4 amiga inc made the rules. you may disagree with the rules and i no doubt believe you do. but if you believe that the rules are sifling progress you must talk to amiga inc PRIVATELY. it is highly unlikely that ainc will listen to public criticism then welcome you with open arms when you want to do buisness with them. you must build trust first. then you can do buisness. you would be suprised how far an apology for publically humiliating them will go towards meeting your goals.

if you go into negotiations with an i am right you are wrong attitude things can't go well.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

bbrv 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 18:04:21
#659 ]

@jkirk

Hi. Thanks for sharing your views. Please keep the following in mind:

1. There are no business terms being discussed here. If there were, they would be pretty simple. Here is an example:

Quote:
Please pay $X up front against royalties against the attached volume schedule. Sign here.

Or, they could be more complicated:

Quote:
Please pay: 1) Trademark license to Amiga Inc., 2) Development and software license to Hyperion, and 3) Make sure there is enough somewhere for Rogue and his brother. We also expect a co-marketing budget of $X/month to support AW.net. Sign here.

2. There are no rules.

In the meanwhile, a real 'doodoohead' sent us this message:
Quote:
Removed message:
[b]Copyrighted Information: Copyrighted material, private email text, and other privileged information may not be posted here without prior written permission from the original author. If you find that your postings to the web site have been copied, emailed and/or publicly posted or distributed elsewhere or brought to the forums by another for posting without your permission, which constitutes violation of your privacy or copyright infringement, please notify the Webmaster directly so the situation can be promptly addressed. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible.

Why was this message removed? There was no such disclaimer on the message and the message was sent from an ANONYMOUS source. Here is is again:

Quote:

Moderation: A moderators say is final. When a moderation decision is made the moderator will document why either in private message or at the place where moderation occurred. This in most cases will be accompanied by reference to which Terms Of Service have been broken. Moderators are allowed to use their discretion in interpretation of the Terms Of Service and operate outside of the Terms Of Service where they see a need to intervene. Where you disagree, or feel unfairness is an issue, see Ajudication.

Ajudication: Whilst AmigaWorld.net moderation tries to be fair and balanced sometimes errors can occur. If you disagree with a specific instance where you have been moderated then please put your complaint to the Webmaster, an Administrator or another moderator for consideration and possible action. Arguments about specific moderation incidents are not tolerated on the public forum, use the adjudication process open to you.

Quote:

@BBRV
You've allready filed for an adjucation, if we find that your points are valid, I will put the removed text back, don't do it yourself! /tomazkid ][/b][/i]

Quote:
OK, got it! We understand and will comply! Thanks!

Can you see the problem here? Certainly, this person *is* a "doodoohead."

1. Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company (if that is really who this person works for) would sue Amiga Inc. too if they sought performance against a legal agreement. Simple. The Court agreed. We have not sued IBM or Freescale and they have not sued us. See the difference?

2. Insulting potential customers? Who? Which doodoohead? Maybe, Lockheed? We don't think so. Lockheed is *already* a customer. As for the other participants here in this thread and on this site, we think not. The mere fact we want to have this discussion online is a strong statement of respect for the opinions that are shared - at least the constructive ones (we have no patience for doodooheads and that is something different!). There is a Community and that is why there is a conversation.

3. Software piracy?! This doodoohead should be featured on Wrongpla.net. Never have we advocated or supported software piracy.

To make a long story short, the 21st century is here and it's name is participation. Thanks for the feedback!

Best regards,
R&B

Last edited by bbrv on 20-Sep-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Last edited by tomazkid on 20-Sep-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Last edited by bbrv on 20-Sep-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Last edited by tomazkid on 20-Sep-2006 at 06:33 PM.
Last edited by tomazkid on 20-Sep-2006 at 06:32 PM.

Benji 
Posted on 20-Sep-2006 18:12:14
#660 ]
Cult Member

@bbrv

Quote:
constructive

Thats an eight letter word coming from you.

I dont care what you *think* you have acheived - but its nothing I can measure.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle