Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
7 crawler(s) on-line.
 154 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  7 mins ago
 Matt3k:  13 mins ago
 OlafS25:  24 mins ago
 amigakit:  53 mins ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs 4 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 4 mins ago
 A1200:  2 hrs 11 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 16 mins ago
 sibbi:  2 hrs 38 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 52 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread
Boot_WB 
Re: ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 17:25:14
#121 ]

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

fairlanefastback wrote:
@Boot_WB

Quote:
If only it would work out that way, instead of the (almost inevitable) trolling.

Easily killed if you work for ACK. You send out the stuff as promised and send the people tracking numbers. You post here that both were done. And if people still troll at that point thats why this board has moderators and they are all over glittering's post as an example right quick.

Pretty simple as I see it.

Agreed.

However, I was looking forward to seeing this thread develop as per your original post.

1) Feedback from the users whose boards were to be delivered.
2) Any relevant discussion regarding the PR consequences for ACK Software Controls Inc.
3) Perhaps some generic comments from ACK Software Controls Inc regarding the current state of their business plans.

IMHO (and you know I am a critic of ACK Software Controls Inc past business practices) it would be inappropriate for ACK to document dealings in the way you suggest.
It would, however, be appropriate for us to be informed by the customers who have been dealing with ACK.

Profile     Report this post  
zerohero 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 17:30:28
#122 ]
Team Member

@Tomas

It would be ok if it had stopped with a warning, now it didn't. Name calling will never be tolerated. End of story...

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 17:37:03
#123 ]
Team Member

@Tomas

Quote:

Tomas wrote:
@d0c

Why is this guy still protected around here after all these years? If someone else troll or scam people on ebay, then amigaworld dont even blink before banning this said person.

But now i guess it is me who is the bad troll for calling him a troll and a scammer...

I think its because a scammer on ebay has to scam with existing equipment (a 1200, a special old video card etc) and so its easier to prove its a scam when it is. So Amiga experts looking at auctions have tangible things to go on to identify scams.

ACK instead holds out carrots that people desperately desperately want. New Amigas, the PowerVixxen. The president of the firm acts like a company when he feels like it (i.e. the joint Amiga announcements) and like a poor soul fellow hobbyist for sympathy when it suits. Now we have Adam's seperation to deal with? *sigh* There is a contingent that does not want to make him mad and have him walk away from the supposed projects that are claimed to be going on. And he has used the device in the past, quoted by Boot_WB to threaten to leave. So you will have some who believe the firm straight up, but others who figure, "what if he is telling the truth, damn, do not p*** him off please! I want a new Amiga and don't want him leaving!". Either way those people would never agree with the moderators banning the account I suspect. Given the choice though I think its more important we support Ivan, Kneedeep, Amigaabaitor, and Jens first before selfishly worrying if publicaly supporting them will make Adam mad and give up on some new Amiga project. I've said it before, its a very strange psychology in Amigaland. I can't imagine this kind of behavior from a company making it in other hobbies. Just as an example, if this were a company who claimed to know how to fix Ford SHO V6 and V8 Yamaha motors and he had people's motors for up to 3 years inappropriately on an SHO board the company would be ripped to shreds by a unified community demanding proper satisfaction for its fellow community members. Fill in with your own similar example. But not in Amigaland it seems, because of so many years of twisted %&^* going on, not just from ACK, but a bunch of other companies.

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 17:52:12
#124 ]
Team Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@Tomas

It would be ok if it had stopped with a warning, now it didn't. Name calling will never be tolerated. End of story...

I think Tomas is asking (and please correct me Tomas if I am wrong). That given that we have confirmation from ACK that equipment has been held and that there was still an open situation with Jens why as a vendor is he allowed to still use the board when there appears to be pretty blatant mistreatment of community members here? Intentional or not, end result-wise people appear to have been mislead with continued promises of equipment return. Plus the firm is now using this thread to earn a new repair customer. Other vendors are not allowed to "sell" here. Why can ACK? Even BBRV's account had to take a "vacation" once. I've been curious about this as well. I personally did not want the account banned as I wanted the firm to answer the questions raised by the community. But if the board is going to be used to possibly put more community members in the same boat I have to agree with Tomas, there will come a time time ACK should be treated the same as a ebay auction scam.

Amiga 1200

Tomas 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 17:52:17
#125 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback
Quote:
I think its because a scammer on ebay has to scam with existing equipment (a 1200, a special old video card etc) and so its easier to prove its a scam when it is. So Amiga experts looking at auctions have tangible things to go on to identify scams.

I was more talking about the reports of people sending him hardware for him to repair while he keeps both the hardware and their money.

Tomas 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 17:54:24
#126 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

fairlanefastback wrote:
@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@Tomas

I think Tomas is asking (and please correct me Tomas if I am wrong). That given that we have confirmation from ACK that equipment has been held and that there was still an open situation with Jens why as a vendor is he allowed to still use the board when there appears to be pretty blatant mistreatment of community members here? Intentional or not, end result-wise people appear to have been mislead with continued promises of equipment return. Plus the firm is now using this thread to earn a new repair customer. Other vendors are not allowed to "sell" here. Why can ACK? Even BBRV's account had to take a "vacation" once. I've been curious about this as well. I personally did not want the account banned as I wanted the firm to answer the questions raised by the community. But if the board is going to be used to possibly put more community members in the same boat I have to agree with Tomas, there will come a time time ACK should be treated the same as a ebay auction scam.

That is pretty much the way i have been thinking.

zerohero 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 18:00:56
#127 ]
Team Member

@fairlanefastback

I have no problems if people that are involved ask Adam what's happening to there gear. I have a problem with common trolls and name calling.

Also I don't have a problem if people question ackcontrols in public, that is very much ok to me, given there track record, again, it's the name calling and total disrespect for another person that bugs me.

You can also wonder about the people that want to send there boards to Adam today, I know I would never send my A1 to him. To give these people a few pointers to threads, or other people that have dealt with Adam before, would be the right thing. Not name calling.

My own speculation below:
Personally I believe Adam is just having problems finishing what he's starting. I don't think he's intentionally trying to scam anyone, just that the "boring" parts of his business is failing because he puts them forward all the time...
End of my own speculation!

Last edited by zerohero on 17-Jul-2007 at 06:01 PM.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 18:12:27
#128 ]
Team Member

@all

What happens in the real world outside Amigaland:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203

Amiga 1200

d0c 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 18:28:52
#129 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

and i see people allowed to get angry and say whats on their mind to... no ban here and alot of name calling...

zerohero 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 18:32:58
#130 ]
Team Member

@d0c

That's a different forum alltogether. If you don't like our TOS feel free to post there instead. I encourage you to take the step... Please?

ackcontrls 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 18:46:59
#131 ]

@d0c

Quote:
and i see people allowed to get angry and say whats on their mind to... no ban here and alot of name calling...

What I find amusing is people getting angry regarding things that don't even involve them. The effort people are spending indicates the true sad state of affairs in the community.

Yeah, I've made some mistakes and taken way longer to get things shipped back to people. I have never lied to nor scammed anyone. Yeah Christopher Kossa has good right to be ####ed as he did pay for the repairs and CPU. There wasn't any transfer of money from kneedeepA1 and I haven't even cashed the money order from Ivan and his system will be returned repaired, functional and clean with the original postal money order.

A mistake I made was not shipping Ivan's machine back to him when I first received it. It was improperly packed and absolutely disgustingly filthy.

Another mistake was taking kneedeep's board, didn't have time, felt sorry for the guy and took it on.

If I get time for Burt, I will glady do the fixes.

Adam

ChrisH 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 19:04:31
#132 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls
So when are you going to answer the question? You know, the original one where you were asked if you had sent Chris's board out (over 1 week ago) as promised? That's all we want to know. If you are going to do your best to avoid answering it, don't be surprised about more nasty posts from other people, how ever poorly judged they may be.

As to you being amused that other people should CARE (i.e. empathise) that you've held someone's AmigaOne + several hundred dollars for several years, and repeatedly broken promises to return it. Well, I can only think that you are incapable of empathy yourself, if you cannot understand it from other people. Which might well explain why your behaviour to date.

Last edited by ChrisH on 17-Jul-2007 at 07:05 PM.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 19:29:17
#133 ]
Team Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:
What I find amusing is people getting angry regarding things that don't even involve them.

It does involve us because you sell yourself to us. If you hadn't then we wouldn't be here discussing what has gone on with community dealings with your company. But you have continually sold your services and announced products in writing on these boards and you have kept things that don't belong to you, have you not? I sure hope you haven't kept the stuff longer to keep up feeling amused. And have you never tried to be there for someone else? Welcome to some fellowship
in the community. *Please* resolve your open issues with them. Please?

Quote:
The effort people are spending indicates the true sad state of affairs in the community.

I think instead the continued lack of effort over time to get people's property back and your refusal to help people believe in your supposed projects and multiple missed promises to try and actually get behind you with support is what is sad IMHO. Because you keep not recognizing that even some of your biggest critics at this point *want* you to suceed and make a bloody turn-around. But you are such the "boy who cried wolf" example that like it or not you finally need to show something tangible. Will it really hurt that bad to show us something and then get more pats on the back??

Quote:
Yeah, I've made some mistakes and taken way longer to get things shipped back to people. I have never lied to nor scammed anyone.

Never? So none of these guys can produce messages from you with promises unfulfilled? You are disputing hatschi's list as well?

Quote:
A mistake I made was not shipping Ivan's machine back to him when I first received it. It was improperly packed and absolutely disgustingly filthy.

Classic blame the victim tactic, whether intentional or not on your part IMHO.

Quote:
Another mistake was taking kneedeep's board, didn't have time, felt sorry for the guy and took it on.

Because new Amiga's are on the way among other things or because of other stuff that leaves nearly no time for repairs *and* for new Amiga hardware work? An as an aside if because of new Amigas is not kneedeep the prior commitment?

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 19:33:00
#134 ]
Team Member

@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@ackcontrls

As to you being amused that other people should CARE (i.e. empathise) that you've held someone's AmigaOne + several hundred dollars for several years, and repeatedly broken promises to return it. Well, I can only think that you are incapable of empathy yourself, if you cannot understand it from other people. Which might well explain why your behaviour to date.

Odd considering its from someone who sought empathy and understanding at one time from the community as well. And got it from many community members.

Amiga 1200

Tomas 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 19:39:22
#135 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

fairlanefastback wrote:
@all

What happens in the real world outside Amigaland:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203

Wow!

d0c 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 19:41:03
#136 ]
Cult Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:
The effort people are spending indicates the true sad state of affairs in the community.

the only thing that is sad is your behaviour and affairs at aw.net, not the community...... thats pretty much obvious.

Hans 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 19:44:56
#137 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

At least acknowledge the fact that he's admitted to screwing up and fully accepts that particular people have the right to be angry with him. He did write the following (missing from your collection of quotes):
Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
Yeah Christopher Kossa has good right to be ####ed as he did pay for the repairs and CPU.

While I agree that you don't have to be one of those who still don't have their boards back to be annoyed with Adam, I think Adam's comment regarding those who are not involved has an element of truth to it: the biggest name-callers/scammer-denouncers are those who have never been customers of ACK. Chris, kneedeep and Ivan (i.e., those directly affected by Adam's actions) have been much more civil.

Hans

pixie 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:14:06
#138 ]
Elite Member

@Hans

Quote:
Chris, kneedeep and Ivan (i.e., those directly affected by Adam's actions) have been much more civil.

They have something to lose, now don't they?

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:15:03
#139 ]
Team Member

@Hans

Quote:
At least acknowledge the fact that he's admitted to screwing up and fully accepts that particular people have the right to be angry with him.

Fully accepts? I think I read what he wrote differently. "I made mistakes" is something. But in the same post we have stuff about well this one was dirty, this other guy I felt sorry for. Not sorry enough to get it back sooner. Not too dirty to not keep it around and sit on it. So its something and better than nothing, sure. I started the thread hoping we'd be able to get into praise mode right quick with guys getting their machines back. I'm all open to having reasons to support ACK in the future.

Quote:
While I agree that you don't have to be one of those who still don't have their boards back to be annoyed with Adam, I think Adam's comment regarding those who are not involved has an element of truth to it: the biggest name-callers/scammer-denouncers are those who have never been customers of ACK. Chris, kneedeep and Ivan (i.e., those directly affected by Adam's actions) have been much more civil.

And yet he keeps giving new opportunities over and over to keep getting "amused" as he put it. And all of us, unless we individually say otherwise, as Amiga enthusiasts, are prospective customers that ACK has advertised to.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 17-Jul-2007 at 08:16 PM.

Amiga 1200

Boot_WB 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:22:19
#140 ]

@ackcontrls

Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
@d0c

Quote:

What I find amusing is people getting angry regarding things that don't even involve them. The effort people are spending indicates the true sad state of affairs in the community.

Yeah, I've made some mistakes and taken way longer to get things shipped back to people. I have never lied to nor scammed anyone. Yeah Christopher Kossa has good right to be ####ed as he did pay for the repairs and CPU. There wasn't any transfer of money from kneedeepA1 and I haven't even cashed the money order from Ivan and his system will be returned repaired, functional and clean with the original postal money order.

If I get time for Burt, I will glady do the fixes.

Adam

Sounds like a reasonable set of explanations for one guy doing hardware fixes as a favour for people.

Now, reflect on how that stacks up against the image you try to project about being a serious hardware engineering company about to start producing high-end and low-end Amiga hardware in "batches of 1000."

Add to that the numerous failed hardware announcements including the "it's in production, just waiting for the documentation to be finished."

Now try to understand why we are sceptical, and critical when "New hardware project" announcements are made.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle