Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 157 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Matt3k:  14 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  35 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 13 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 31 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 39 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 59 mins ago
 amigakit:  4 hrs 17 mins ago
 RobertB:  4 hrs 18 mins ago
 bhabbott:  4 hrs 47 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread
jtsiren 
Re: ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Posted on 21-Sep-2007 10:13:46
#381 ]
Cult Member

@Hans

I guess there some of us just disagree. I think ACK would deserve a whole lot more verbally than these threads have given him considering the past. This is no lynch-mob, this is public critique of a CORPORATION that IMHO deservers it, if not more.

But just my opinion of course.

Profile     Report this post  
Hans 
Posted on 21-Sep-2007 14:16:01
#382 ]
Elite Member

@jtsiren

Quote:

jtsiren wrote:
@Hans

I guess there some of us just disagree. I think ACK would deserve a whole lot more verbally than these threads have given him considering the past. This is no lynch-mob, this is public critique of a CORPORATION that IMHO deservers it, if not more.

But just my opinion of course.

Ok, that's your opinion. In my opinion, this thread isn't just a critique, it's partially a campaign to force ACK to do what it should have done ages ago; partially a critique; partially a venting forum, with people accusing ACK of fraud, theft and a whole manner of other things; and we've also had some people just directly attack him who have never dealt with him at all (usually making the moderators step in). I feel that facts are being distorted to make them look worse than they are.

Ok, this is my last post about this.

Hans

jtsiren 
Posted on 21-Sep-2007 20:21:59
#383 ]
Cult Member

@Hans

Quote:
I feel that facts are being distorted to make them look worse than they are.

In some isolated cases I'm sure that is true, but overall I think the facts that speak volumes against ACK are being downplayed if anything. I mean, come on, ACK would deserve so much more crap with the track-record they have and yet people in general have been giving them second chance after another.

Well, you know what, tomorrow the summer ends. Maybe they'll prove us wrong in the next 24-48 hours or so.

Hans 
Posted on 21-Sep-2007 20:44:33
#384 ]
Elite Member

@jtsiren

Quote:

jtsiren wrote:
Well, you know what, tomorrow the summer ends. Maybe they'll prove us wrong in the next 24-48 hours or so.

Maybe, but I doubt it.

Hans

ChrisH 
Posted on 22-Sep-2007 11:15:08
#385 ]
Elite Member

@Hans
I'm not really sure what you're objecting to - you seem to agree that ACK has done wrong (*), so what's wrong with mentioning true facts (without distortion), until ACK has the decency to sort them out (or else admit that he is incapable of doing so) ?

That doesn't mean I agree with how Glittering/etc behaved, but neither do I think it's OK to shove ACK's problems under the carpet. I feel the best solution lies between those extremes (see previous paragraph).

(* although we may disagree about whether they were honest mistakes or intentional deceit)

Hans 
Posted on 22-Sep-2007 14:01:16
#386 ]
Elite Member

@ChrisH

I said my previous post was my last post on the matter. If you don't get it, then you don't get it.

Hans

TiredofLife 
Posted on 22-Sep-2007 15:29:38
#387 ]

Sorry to see this thread on the front page again.
Was hopefull that all machines would be back in the hands of their rightful owners by now.

Apart from the odd posting, this thread has been pretty positive and achieved some good results but I will still be glad to see the back of it.

I do note that ACK hasn't been on the Amigaworld IRC chanel much lately.
Hopefully this is because he is busy sorting out the remaining machine and perhaps working on the announced machines.

jtsiren 
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 8:16:14
#388 ]
Cult Member

So I guess the 22nd (and thus summer 2007) went by with a swoosh and no ACK board. Unless it was on sale at Pianeta? I'm pretty sure we would have heard about that - but that would have been a cool way to surprise us for sure, nobody would have seen that coming...

Amiga.com is still running the old press-release(s): "Entry level product ready for Customers Summer 2007".

Time for an update from ACK/Amiga Inc. I think, where do things stand on this?

jtsiren 
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 8:16:59
#389 ]
Cult Member

@TiredofLife

Quote:
Sorry to see this thread on the front page again.

Are you sorry to see this thread because of what the thread is or because of what ACK is/does/doesn't do?

ChrisH 
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 9:04:16
#390 ]
Elite Member

@jtsiren
I suspect both...

P.S. Just a tip/reminder to ACK - if he wants to say anything about his mythical machines, I strongly suggest telling us their current status, rather than giving (yet more) predictions. [I've been saying that for the last year, and he hasn't listened to me, but I live in hope that (on the unlikely chance he is legit) that he'll learn from his mistakes.]

Last edited by ChrisH on 24-Sep-2007 at 09:11 AM.

jtsiren 
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 10:12:30
#391 ]
Cult Member

@ChrisH

Quote:
P.S. Just a tip/reminder to ACK - if he wants to say anything about his mythical machines, I strongly suggest telling us their current status, rather than giving (yet more) predictions. [I've been saying that for the last year, and he hasn't listened to me, but I live in hope that (on the unlikely chance he is legit) that he'll learn from his mistakes.]

Agreed times thousand.

This is something I never quite understand. Some criticize people like you and me when we call for accountability on announcements saying that technology is difficult, resources are scarce etc. but I think we all GET THIS. We are just saying, hey, you don't have to promise us anything, or even always meet those promises if you for some unforseeable reason can't, all you could do is tell and perhaps show to the extent that is possible (maybe that picture or two) how far you are currently to satisfy that accountability to a degree and be a bit more careful about what you promise...

Yet some (like ACK and Amiga Inc.) continue time and time again to make announcements and flamboyant statements about the future they later on can not meet and will not even explain when they fail to meet them. Reality based status communications are non-existent, even though one would assume they would be far easier to make with far less risk of annoying anyone - just tell us like it is NOW, not end of summer (well, now is end of summer but you get my point). The only reason for this I can think of is that the status quo isn't announcement-worthy and they have some agenda that the forward-looking statements fullfill better than telling what they currently have - what that agenda could be, I have some ideas, but basically I don't think anyone here really knows.

Last edited by jtsiren on 24-Sep-2007 at 10:13 AM.

TiredofLife 
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 11:43:55
#392 ]

@jtsiren

Because I was hoping ACK would raise his game and make this thread redundant.
I know how I would feel if my Miggy was missing for months/years.
As a none AmigaOne owner, I also know how it feels to wait an eternity for the chance try OS4.

ikir 
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 12:20:20
#393 ]
Elite Member

@TiredofLife

ACK and Amiga Inc are a perfect team!

Shame on Amiga Inc, they know ACK can only fail delivering. They used ACK only to demostrate in the court case they care about OS4.

meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 12:30:18
#394 ]

OK OK,

Santa is telling me X-Mas time will bring a Pre-Release of a what might be a BETA or a Developer but hold your horses cause more time to market will be needed when this happens.

More insight coming your way in the near future.

Turrican3 
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 12:39:51
#395 ]

@ikir

Quote:
Shame on Amiga Inc, they know ACK can only fail delivering. They used ACK only to demostrate in the court case they care about OS4.

Well, considering AI / ACK official boards have yet to appear on the market (they announced them, so there must be finalized HW somewhere, right?) I'd say this isn't a behaviour that shows how much they care about OS4.

Or maybe it IS!

TiredofLife 
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 13:52:38
#396 ]

@ikir

A lot of people had the same suspicion at the time of the announcement.
Nothing has happened since to convince them otherwise.

Gleng 
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 14:57:59
#397 ]

@TiredofLife

I actually believed the announcement when I read it. I mean, it came from Amiga Inc. themselves. I stupidly allowed myself to get my hopes up.

Then I read about the court case a few days later. Then I read all about ACK.

Last edited by Gleng on 24-Sep-2007 at 02:58 PM.

jorkany 
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 15:07:35
#398 ]
Cult Member

@Gleng,
Just wondering in an OT kind of way about your avatar, are you familiar with MC Frontalot?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nigRT2KmCE

As for ACK, been pretty obvious for a while now that he is unable to get his sh!t together. As for the dynamic duo of AInc. + ACK, for those waiting for OS4, nowhere in the AInc. announcements does it mention OS4. Which doesn't imply OS5 either, it just implies that one or both parties were BSing.

Here's an idea, ACK and Troika team up! lol

Jupp3 
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 15:27:20
#399 ]

@Turrican3

Quote:
Well, considering AI / ACK official boards have yet to appear on the market (they announced them, so there must be finalized HW somewhere, right?)

Also before appearing on market there's the period of time, when companies can show a working prototype (running "anything", which in many cases equals "linux"), a non-working one (Even Troika managed to do that ), pictures of separate components (CPU card, for example) and afaik, we have seen none of that. And neither have we from any of the earlier hardware projects, that have supposedly been under development for a long time.

I guess many would think of them a lot better if they managed to do any of that, but not doing that has just made them look even worse.

Gleng 
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 17:31:11
#400 ]

@jorkany

Quote:

Just wondering in an OT kind of way about your avatar, are you familiar with MC Frontalot?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nigRT2KmCE

Haha, I've heard a few of his tracks but I hadn't heard that one.

Quote:

As for ACK, been pretty obvious for a while now that he is unable to get his sh!t together. As for the dynamic duo of AInc. + ACK, for those waiting for OS4, nowhere in the AInc. announcements does it mention OS4. Which doesn't imply OS5 either, it just implies that one or both parties were BSing.

I know, I know. Part of you still wants to believe that there are still some good intentions left though. All that evaporated for me though after reading about the lawsuit(s), the events centre, the "unreturned" hardware, etc, etc.

At least there's still AROS and Classics, eh?

Quote:

Here's an idea, ACK and Troika team up! lol

Troikack!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle