Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 91 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  6 mins ago
 Gunnar:  8 mins ago
 pixie:  18 mins ago
 kolla:  32 mins ago
 OlafS25:  32 mins ago
 Schlissel:  55 mins ago
 VooDoo:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 40 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 50 mins ago
 densho:  2 hrs 15 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  Be part of the Tales Of Tamar
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
GameOn 
Re: Be part of the Tales Of Tamar
Posted on 31-Aug-2008 21:52:58
#61 ]

@TiredofLife

Could you tell me the email address of the anonymous registration and the name of your realm? (see: options -> email settings)

Thanks,

GameOn

Profile     Report this post  
TiredofLife 
Posted on 1-Sep-2008 0:02:15
#62 ]

@GameOn

Have had the acceptance registration email sent to another email address.
Nothing in the account for the game though.

spielzuege46 at tamar dot net

wurzel 
Posted on 2-Sep-2008 8:06:58
#63 ]

Ok, I finally managed to register and 24 hours later, got acknowledgement. It was a frustrating process because, I ewasn't sure what items to put in the Options screen (my Tamar name or my local ISP name).

I still haven't figured out (after 2 days) how to get more grain, nor, how to shut down properly.

When shutting down, I press ESC and I get a message in German and then it quits. But! Next time I start, I get a message that it wasn't closed down properly and data may be lost/damaged.

I tried starting the Tutorial and went past the stage telling me how to get grain (red triangle, green triangle but I couldn't find those) but now, I can't get it back.

It seems absorbing but I just find it difficult to find what I want.

GameOn 
Posted on 2-Sep-2008 9:30:58
#64 ]

@wurzel

Explanation about the options, you can find in the manual (see links here in the thread, but there should also be a documantation in the ToT-archive) and also about rudimental things how to proceed in the first days. In addition, you get an email every day, which explains some first steps) Anyway, the settings in the option screen only refer to your email account: POP, SMTP, 2xUSERNAME and 2xPASSWORD (for POP & SMTP) and the EMAIL ADRESS to which your turn should be sent to.

In addition, there's a in-game tutorial you can work through and "i"-buttons at most of the screens. Yes, some things seem to be difficult, but that's the good thing with ToT. You learn more and more with each day.

In addition, ToT is a role playing game. Therefore, it tries to encourage communication between the Lords on Tamar (via private messages or the public forum: http://tamar.4players.de/phpBB/) . Hence, you have to communicate with other players to quickly proceed in the game and to get support from others. This is really THE neat thing in ToT: young realms need support from older realms, but older realms also are dependent on younger realms for varioius reasons! You will see: as soon as they get aware of you, everybody will court you

By the way, the green and red triangle can be found in the granary-screen. The red one shows you, how much grain your people approximately need. The green one determines how much grain is given to your people if and only if you don't send in a turn! So, never forget to give grain to your people if you send in a turn.

Quote:

When shutting down, I press ESC and I get a message in German and then it quits. But! Next time I start, I get a message that it wasn't closed down properly and data may be lost/damaged.

Yes. Unfortunately, the only way to leave the game is by pressing ESC. Dunno what german message pops up then, i have to admit. But there shouldn't be an error message after restarting the game. That error message only appears if it hasn't shut down properly (e.g. due to a crash).

Don't hesitate to ask more questions. I'd really like to see some more English players on Tamar . Join the "Common Language Alliance (CLA)" . On Tamar, "English" is called "Common Language" and "German" is the "Commercial Language" or "Dealer's Tongue". French and Spain is also called in such a way but I dunno how

GameOn

TiredofLife 
Posted on 7-Sep-2008 16:24:25
#65 ]

@GameOn

Tried again, this time using a pop email account of my own.
Changed the settings YAM to leave emails on the server.

Got three emails from ToT.

Tried to lauch ToT, no emails found.
Tried YAM again, only two emails from ToT.

One from Jens, a welcome.
One saying the registeration had been processed.

Originally one that had @ and some numbers in the title has disappeared.
When opened, there was a load of nonsense in it so I assume that was the first turn.

GameOn 
Posted on 9-Sep-2008 11:50:59
#66 ]

@TiredofLife

Quote:
Originally one that had @ and some numbers in the title has disappeared. When opened, there was a load of nonsense in it so I assume that was the first turn.

Yes, exactly. That was your first turn. It starts with "@" followed by 8 numbers (most of them equals to zero). Although, the very first email you get to initialize the client starts with "I" and then 8 numbers. The client has to download it and has to load it into the game in order to get a turn. So it seems, you received the init mail and the first real turn. The ToT-client could even download it but it couldn't load the turn into the game.

Are you sure that you have installed the latest version?

There was a bug where the init email or a turn was not stored into "ToT:data/pop3in/Ixxxxxxxx.email" or "ToT:Game/ NAME_OF_YOUR_REALM / TAMAR_YEAR /data/Pop3in/xxxxxxxx.email", respectively. Instead it stored a file containing the full path into its name in "ToT:data/" or "ToT:Game".

if you still have the turn in YAM, you can store that email by hand into the appropriate directory.
Start ToT, enter your realm, leave it again and press the the save button at the "title-screen". That should create all necessary directories.

Store the turn without "@" and with the suffix ".email" (i.e. 00000046.email) in "ToT:Game/ NAME_OF_YOUR_REALM / XXX /data/Pop3in/". Then start ToT again, load the year XXX and fetch your turn. It will still try to look into your mailbox but then it will load the turn from disk.

With the latest ToT Version V0.57R6 (See in "Options" for your version) this bug has been removed and all this effort can be avoided.

cheers,
GameOn

Last edited by GameOn on 09-Sep-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Speedy 
Posted on 9-Sep-2008 12:11:27
#67 ]

@GameOn

I got this. It's really something :D

Box has Amiga logo's. But sais PC CD-Rom. It's also German box. But has an E sticker. Guess that means english.

It's signed inside the box. Something that Amiga rules or something.

Then there's a small A4 paper as Amiga manual next to the real manual. It even sais some PPC code in the game. But it runs on a small A1200 as well.

I never did care to play it. Just bought it. Like everything else...

GameOn 
Posted on 9-Sep-2008 14:20:22
#68 ]

@Speedy

Quote:
Box has Amiga logo's. But sais PC CD-Rom. It's also German box. But has an E sticker. Guess that means english.

It's not a PC cd-rom. The CD contains all versions for all platfroms (at least Amiga and PC)

Quote:
Then there's a small A4 paper as Amiga manual next to the real manual

There's no difference between the PC Version and the Amiga version (besides the installation procedure). So, have the heart to read the "real" manual It's THE manual for Amiga, PC, Mac ..

The manual is also available as PDF at http://www.tamar.net

Quote:
It even sais some PPC code in the game. But it runs on a small A1200 as well.

True, you can play ToT on a simple A1200, or A4000PPC or AmigaOne and even MorphOS.
And if you really want, also on a PC or Mac Isn't that great?

Quote:
I never did care to play it. Just bought it. Like everything else...

As there's nothing left to buy, you should invert your behaviour. Go ahead and play the game . By the way, you can play for free for quite a while or even become a betatester and play for free forever

regards,
GameOn

P.S. Regarding your Avatar: You should become a pirate on Tamar!

Last edited by GameOn on 09-Sep-2008 at 02:22 PM.

Speedy 
Posted on 9-Sep-2008 15:20:25
#69 ]

@GameOn

I can't blame the box for saying PC CD-Rom. Coz it sais :D

And has it become free now ?. Coz my box sais 150days or something.

And yes, i bought and paid for this. As Amiga software. Just didn't care to waste any time on it :P

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle