Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 121 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Matt3k:  9 mins ago
 matthey:  10 mins ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  11 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  16 mins ago
 kolla:  38 mins ago
 Karlos:  46 mins ago
 dreamlandfantasy:  51 mins ago
 Maijestro:  1 hr 48 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 13 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Amiwest Report From AmigaKit.com
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
amigakit 
Re: Amiwest Report From AmigaKit.com
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 11:38:44
#41 ]
Amiga Kit

@freeaks

Your system is almost ready to go, it has been assembled and is under going Quality Testing since yesterday.

Profile     Report this post  
freeaks 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 12:26:18
#42 ]

@amigakit

well in that case, considering amiwest and all, i might change my opinion about
"orders being processed a bit slowly".. i'll make sure to repeat the
same mistake i did today and express it in the forum accordingly. (in a new thread this time).
hopefully it will arrives soon and i won't have to wait months until things settle down a bit before i can ask you again to send the package to the new address.
preemptive apologies are in order i guess.. so, please accept my apologies for the mumble about slowness. i guess i should have waited two more days.. it's just with the bad timing, having to move (probably) i got a bit anxious over it , it seems.
i'll be waiting by the door now ready to aggress the postman on first sight.

tnx

marko 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 14:01:13
#43 ]
From: Gothenburg, THE front side of Sweden ;), (via Finland), EU

@sundown

Quote:
Where can I get a copy of the "Trevor Dance", me wants..

http://fuldans.se/?v=tevdlfufiyf

m4rko.com/AMIGA

freeaks 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 14:02:51
#44 ]

@itix

thanks for the news tidbits..
well not all news can be completely good.. but at least it's moving forward.
in contrast to few years ago when it was near a complete stand still.
at least os4 got blender now. we sure can be glad to have it crashing a bit, compared to just looking at pitures of it on other OSes. hopefully things will continue to improves with following updates.

Last edited by freeaks on 28-Oct-2010 at 02:03 PM.

HammerD 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 14:16:26
#45 ]
Cult Member

@amigakit

Maybe a PPC accelerator could be your next sponsored project? ;) It would be a big one, for sure, but perhaps you could accept pre-orders. I know many don't like that, as some have been burned by pre-orders in the past, but I think AmigaKit's reputation speaks for itself....and you would be able to do it, even if it was a small deposit held in trust.

ChrisH 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 15:06:29
#46 ]
Elite Member

@freeaks Quote:
1.8ghz is not that far from 1.6ghz.

If you ever over-clocked a CPU, you would know that 13% faster speed IS fairly significant.

Quote:
the system can be assembled in less than an hour.

And who are you going to complain to if it doesn't work reliably? You should really let AmigaKit do their job, rather than arguing about every silly little thing.

I also think you don't have a clue as to how much work goes into preparing for a show like AmiWest, never mind the travel times.

Quote:
eventually if this take too long, i might at some point ask you to keep it until i arrive at my next place.

Well, at least we can see why you are a little worried about delivery times now. Guess you should have checked things a little more carefully before ordering...

amigakit 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 15:21:10
#47 ]
Amiga Kit

@freeaks

System build time takes a couple of hours plus time to prep the hard disk and install the OS and all upgrades/software.

Your system is undergoing a memory checking test which takes a few hours to complete fully.

We check every part of the system carefully before shipping in a Pre-Delivery Inspection process that we have developed.

freeaks 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 17:37:06
#48 ]

@ChrisH
about over clocking.. i wouldn't agree 13% as fairly significant.
it's better .. but doesn't break bricks either.
and the more you overclock the cooler you need to make things go, the noisier it gets.
heat reduce life span of your chips, make things unpredicatable, unstable..
often you need to lower back. i prefer to run at factory settings. less heat. less problems.
i'd still say 1.6 -->1.8 on same generation chip it's not that big different.
at best it starts to be interesting past that. anyway i don't care much for overclocking.

Quote:
And who are you going to complain to if it doesn't work reliably? You should really let AmigaKit do their job, rather than arguing about every silly little thing.

well it was more of a misunderstanding of my part about the time constrains and availability specified on his site. i stated above i misred 7 instead of 10 days.
and i completed missed the fact he wasn't there from 20th until 27th october.
i've just thought arbitrarily he'd be away from friday morning to monday night or something like that.
that what unfortunate from my part. i admit i should have gived it a deeper thought.
Quote:
I also think you don't have a clue as to how much work goes into preparing for a show like AmiWest

i admit i have no idea.
Quote:
Well, at least we can see why you are a little worried about delivery times now. Guess you should have checked things a little more carefully before ordering...

well .. it's an opportunity that just popped out of the blue. sometime you just need to say bingo and jump on the opportunity. it wasn't known at the time i place my order.
i was worried. and now i can see i made a mistake, i should have waited one more day or two before opening my mouth. but i have that temper.. sometime i just groan and moan as soon as it itch..
my apologies to amigakit about that.
i'm the groan / protest type .. but usualy i don't bite that much.
especialy if you treat my moan with logic and arguments as it comes out. i usualy see the truth in logic. if presented to me.

@amigakit
i see you're genuinely concerned about doing things right.
i realize now i groaned way too early. i'm sorry about that.
as a result of understanding my mistakes as stated two sentence above i guess i'll end up doing my shopping from you for amiga needs now. your reaction seemed correct. while i was just bashing without analyzing properly the situation. taking only my view of the problem into consideration probably wasn't right.

Last edited by freeaks on 28-Oct-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Last edited by freeaks on 28-Oct-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Last edited by freeaks on 28-Oct-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Last edited by freeaks on 28-Oct-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Last edited by freeaks on 28-Oct-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Rob 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 19:21:33
#49 ]
Elite Member

@JurassicC

I watched the live interview with Jens. He was asked about PPC accelerators for classic and his reply was he didn't feel that chip/price was currently available. He also said that with the new A630 and A1230 cards + new Indivision for A1200 & A4000T already in the pipeline, it wasn't really the time to start a new project.

amigakit 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 19:32:25
#50 ]
Amiga Kit

@Rob

Once we break-even on ZorRAM and our investment into forthcoming AmigaOS 4.1 Classic, which should be in the next few months hopefully, we can review what other projects for A1200/A4000 are commercially viable. That should be around the time that Jens has released his new projects.

Last edited by amigakit on 28-Oct-2010 at 07:33 PM.

HammerD 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 19:57:41
#51 ]
Cult Member

@amigakit

I know you can't talk sales numbers, but are you happy with ZorRAM sales so far? Are you close to breaking even?

If things work out OK for ZorRam and OS 4.1 Classic, a PPC accelerator project would be #1 on my priority list.

We may have to pool resources together as a community to get the project done. I don't think anyone would expect you to shoulder 100% of the risk on AmigaKit.

If we spread the risk around it will make the project easier and with everyone's participation much more likely to succeed I would hope.

Last edited by HammerD on 28-Oct-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Last edited by HammerD on 28-Oct-2010 at 07:59 PM.

amigakit 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 20:09:39
#52 ]
Amiga Kit

@HammerD

We are always very grateful for every single order that we receive from the Community.

As many of you already know about our business model: we sell Amiga products and our profits after paying the bills get invested back into new Amiga projects which in turn benefit our hardware partners such as Individual Computers and E3B. We have a policy of keeping the money within the Amiga Community- this is essential to ensure we have new product to sell in future years.

We dont mind taking the risk if it is commercially viable

Last edited by amigakit on 28-Oct-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Apple Hammer 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 22:19:56
#53 ]

@amigakit

Thanks for the show report. I'd love to get over to Amiwest one year!

I would personally be absolutely ecstatic about new PPC accelerators for Amiga classics. I'm all for the new generation machines too, but nevertheless I still love to play around with my classic.
Unfortunately my BPPC cards are keeping me way too busy these days. They're becoming a real head ache!

I wonder what ever happened to Elboxs' SharkPPC boards? They seemed to have them pretty much done at one stage, and they were even suggesting that they could be released as soon as AmigaOS 4.0 was done.

Elbox have always made fantastic Amiga hardware in my opinion, and I'd love to see them get that board out onto the market. It's a shame if it never sees the light of day.

Good luck with your Amiga projects, I think it's amazing that we can keep hardware projects going in the Amiga community these days, it really is fantastic.

AH.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle