Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
6 crawler(s) on-line.
 121 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Matt3k:  15 mins ago
 matthey:  29 mins ago
 Torque:  33 mins ago
 zipper:  42 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  54 mins ago
 Seiya:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 55 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 59 mins ago
 bendito:  2 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Where is OS 4.2?? Why NO NEWS?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisH 
Re: Where is OS 4.2?? Why NO NEWS?
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 21:33:07
#61 ]
Elite Member

@realize Quote:
How funny is hostility when asking for os4 news? Kind of embarassing if you ask me..

If you don't like being labelled a troll by some people, perhaps you should try to not ACT like it. For example don't:

* Start a thread with a hysterical & negative title like "Why NO NEWS". Just "Where is OS4.2?" would have been quite sufficient & rather more polite.

* Start a thread about something that has never been announced, like AmigaOS 4.2, and then act as if it is late. (For all we know, we'll be getting OS4.1 Update 3 & Update 4, and then move straight to OS5 in 6 months time.)

@zerohero Quote:
Look at this thread, who attacked first?

From my point of view, it was Realize, merely by how he tried to spin things negatively & so bait people with the thread TITLE.

Last edited by ChrisH on 09-Dec-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 09-Dec-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 09-Dec-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 09-Dec-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
zerohero 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 21:34:29
#62 ]
Team Member

@TiredofLife

Quote:
You might want to take your own advice.

Agreed, though I was trying to make a point. Call it an overdose of sarcasm, it's a habit of mine, sadly.

Mechanic 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 21:51:56
#63 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@Mechanic
I will anyway. Look at this thread, who attacked first?

From one point of view, the question should not have even been asked.
Especially since any reply would have been turned into troll fodder.

But,,, without a reply from someone, even in the form of a challenge,
you can well imagine where the thread may have gone if only the anti-OS4
bigots got into the thread.

Ack, lock it and do away with it.

zerohero 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 22:13:14
#64 ]
Team Member

@Mechanic

Quote:
Ack, lock it and do away with it.

We try not to do that anymore, we're hoping people behave like adults. I guess we have our hopes set too high

wawa 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 22:15:57
#65 ]
Elite Member

@number6: actually it had to be "@xeron", who posted this list as evidence to backup a claim how many people were currently involved inos4 development, which is redicolous..

Last edited by wawa on 09-Dec-2010 at 10:17 PM.

asymetrix 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 22:18:46
#66 ]
Cult Member

@realize

Where is OS 4.2 ? who cares ? It will come when its ready.

I am too busy enjoying AmigaOS

The world wont end believe me, it wont, if OS 4.2 is not announced soon.

xeron 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 22:19:04
#67 ]
Elite Member
From: Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe

@wawa

Actually, I was just pointing out that more than 2 people are involved with OS4. That is still the case. Quite a lot of those people are still working on OS4.

wawa 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 22:21:50
#68 ]
Elite Member

@Mechanic

the original poster directed his question (or attack, if you will) at the os4 developers. you one of them? why the hell do you feed your trolls if you know them so very well. looks like os4 users generally assume they have been addressed personally and get offended.

wawa 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 22:26:04
#69 ]
Elite Member

@xeron
you cant take everything just literally. its not how understanding works. if he says: 2 pople, he means "just a few", "a small crew", which is how it looks like definitely. in this respect your figure seems to be as far from reality as his.

zerohero 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 22:26:40
#70 ]
Team Member

@wawa

Yes, and the other trolls make sure to press every button there is to make sure someone get offended. Back off now, will you.

Spectre660 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 22:55:33
#71 ]
Elite Member

@ssolie

Were do people find time to post in these kind of threads ? .

I think that it is going to be fun to compare Amiga OS4.x on Classics vs Morphos x.x on Classics.

I am sure Amiga OS 4.x's performance on Sam460ex and Amiga X1000 will shake up a certain Ants nest ....

Last edited by Spectre660 on 09-Dec-2010 at 10:56 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 22:55:39
#72 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

yeah, right. time to go...

PR 
Posted on 9-Dec-2010 23:03:39
#73 ]

Who cares. I'm happy using Windows now;) (and playing with A500)

I gave up waiting.

Edit , and yes Please, no XXC!!!! but gently asking no?

Edit2 before anyOne say, gave up waiting, not hoping:)

Last edited by PR on 09-Dec-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Last edited by PR on 09-Dec-2010 at 11:05 PM.

realize 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 4:37:31
#74 ]

@Hondo

Listen good you #*@)@* tosser. I tried to make a thread and be nice but you and all these other fanboys have really got to me. What a bunch of sad little men. I'm glad there was some sensible people here, but as with politics ususally the loudest most ignorant voices are the ones who control things and all the others are cowed by it.

All of you who attacked me here should be ashamed of yourselves. Especially after I explained why i want os4 news rather nicely. I like that comment about since amigans.net is shut down all the lame fanboy trolls came here (when I see mikey c back i know whats coming) All of you fanboy extremists

"you are a blue troll"

"we dont need news we have os 3.9" (my fav)

"we have too much news"

"there is so much happening with os4"

Are you delusional? You know what you guys have? Battered wife syndrome... the guy beats up the girl every night, verbally abuses her and makes her cook dinner.. and what does the girl say "But he loves me" thats how you are with your ignorant fanboyism.

Asking a company where the product is or why there is no news is perfectly normal. I DO THIS TO THE MORPHOS DEVs ALL THE TIME go on mz and search..

Ssolie is the only person who actually responded with somewhat of an updated "news"
What are all you posers excited about? Lets BREAK IT DOWN

1. SMP (dual processor support) umm NOT going to happen ANY time soon ( i mean years)

2. Firefox 4 NOT going to happen any time soon (1 year + at least)

3. OS 4.1 for classics (hmm so just patches and fixes to get it to run on 20 yr old hardware) wowow!

4. USB2 OMFG!!!!!11!! WOWOWOWW (lame)

5. Gallium support (umm not any time soon)

You guys should really be realistic its rather embarassing. No wonder amiga community is a joke to most others...pathetic

(So I tried to be nice are you happy now? I know that insults wont hurt you tossers since you are so daft, so maybe the truth will hurt you more than anything)

I would love somebody to disprove any of the above 5 points.

OH and to who ever posted the list of os4 devs that was quite a funny joke. Any of the meaningful things are done by basically less than 5 people. So how you expect these people (even though they are genius coders) to accomplish all these wishes you call news.

samo79 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 5:36:39
#75 ]
Elite Member

When people stop trolling ?

ANY time soon (i mean years)

http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz 1 GB Ram + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6

Tomas 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 6:04:55
#76 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@Tomas

Quote:
I have mixed opinions about this. Hyperion used to be more open, but that led to people flaming them whenever they went even slightly past deadline and we had people actually suggesting that they dont announce anything or any dates before it is ready.

Hyperion is a company. It is not a person. It shouldn't matter if some people post bad stuff about them on some forum. What matters is how they present themselves to their users and prospective buyers.

So what?? They listened to the people who MOANED AND COMPLAINED about them announcing stuff before it was done. Now they have followed their advice and instead we got people like realize who moan and bitch about that as well. Again you cannot please everybody. Some people will be upset no matter what.
There is less moaning now compared to when they actually announced their projects and "deadlines" on before hand.

There is alot going on behind the scenes like chris said earlier in this thread.
And for all you know they might be working on v 4.2 now as well and even porting it to some hardware we dont know about"i am not suggesting they are". People were taken by surprise when they suddenly announced that Pegasos port was done even though they had been denying even working on it when asked.

I and most OS4 users here dosent seem that upset about the so called lack of info, but oddly enough the non OS4 users are?? But i guess we are just blind fanboy sheep according to you eh?

Edit: You didnt reply to my question earlier anyways.. Why could he not post this question in the identical thread he posted in october or similar topics made by other members? Why make more threads about same subject?? This guy has a past of slagging off OS4.x and hyperion, so is it that strange that some of us jump to conclusions when his name shows up yet again in such a thread?

Last edited by Tomas on 10-Dec-2010 at 06:06 AM.

Tomas 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 6:08:15
#77 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:
@Hondo

Listen good you #*@)@* tosser. I tried to make a thread and be nice but you and all these other fanboys have really got to me. What a bunch of sad little men. I'm glad there was some sensible people here, but as with politics ususally the loudest most ignorant voices are the ones who control things and all the others are cowed by it.

All of you who attacked me here should be ashamed of yourselves. Especially after I explained why i want os4 news rather nicely. I like that comment about since amigans.net is shut down all the lame fanboy trolls came here (when I see mikey c back i know whats coming) All of you fanboy extremists

"you are a blue troll"

"we dont need news we have os 3.9" (my fav)

"we have too much news"

"there is so much happening with os4"

Are you delusional? You know what you guys have? Battered wife syndrome... the guy beats up the girl every night, verbally abuses her and makes her cook dinner.. and what does the girl say "But he loves me" thats how you are with your ignorant fanboyism.

Asking a company where the product is or why there is no news is perfectly normal. I DO THIS TO THE MORPHOS DEVs ALL THE TIME go on mz and search..

Ssolie is the only person who actually responded with somewhat of an updated "news"
What are all you posers excited about? Lets BREAK IT DOWN

1. SMP (dual processor support) umm NOT going to happen ANY time soon ( i mean years)

2. Firefox 4 NOT going to happen any time soon (1 year + at least)

3. OS 4.1 for classics (hmm so just patches and fixes to get it to run on 20 yr old hardware) wowow!

4. USB2 OMFG!!!!!11!! WOWOWOWW (lame)

5. Gallium support (umm not any time soon)

You guys should really be realistic its rather embarassing. No wonder amiga community is a joke to most others...pathetic

(So I tried to be nice are you happy now? I know that insults wont hurt you tossers since you are so daft, so maybe the truth will hurt you more than anything)

I would love somebody to disprove any of the above 5 points.

OH and to who ever posted the list of os4 devs that was quite a funny joke. Any of the meaningful things are done by basically less than 5 people. So how you expect these people (even though they are genius coders) to accomplish all these wishes you call news.

And i thought you weren't a troll eh?? this post shows that i were damn right in jumping to conclusions.
And you wonder why no one from hyperion responds to your questions....

Last edited by Tomas on 10-Dec-2010 at 06:09 AM.

longbow75 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 6:52:50
#78 ]

PR 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 8:06:12
#79 ]

@Spectre660

Quote:
Were do people find time to post in these kind of threads ? .

Don't know either but reading and answering is all the fun on a coffee break at work now.

This hobbie keeps some English skills left from not getting worse than it is..

May all of You who still keep writing here have a good time and a good Amiga, whatever colour it is! Really stupid to fight? I have visited a pc forum for some questions and they call each other quite badly, not here still. Amen.

Deniil715 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 11:22:30
#80 ]
Elite Member

@asymetrix

Quote:

asymetrix wrote:
@realize

Where is OS 4.2 ? who cares ? It will come when its ready.

I am too busy enjoying AmigaOS

The world wont end believe me, it wont, if OS 4.2 is not announced soon.

Best comment so far
Why wasting time waiting for a new version we you have already been given no less than 10 new versions (ok, two of them you had to buy, but still). What are you waiting for? There's nothing around the corner because the road is straight forward. The earlier you get on the less you miss out on!

Since I already have OS4 since OS4-pre1 I actually don't look forward to an update (except for USB) because it's such a mess isolating everything I installed before I can update/install, and then put everything back again.

The key to make use of your Amiga is to put the central stuff there which for me is e-mail and music. Once you have this stuff there you have to keep it running, and if you keep it running you will automatically use it for everything else too, as far as possible. I only occasionally use a PC for banking (Java) and the rare web page I must access that OWB or IB simply refuse to handle properly.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle