Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
32 crawler(s) on-line.
 70 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  23 mins ago
 t0lkien:  27 mins ago
 outlawal2:  41 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 K-L:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 29 mins ago
 striggs:  1 hr 42 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 44 mins ago
 dirkzwager:  2 hrs ago
 jacadcaps:  2 hrs 11 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  A "Have It Out" thread?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
Franko 
Re: A "Have It Out" thread?
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 20:12:26
#141 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@itix

I want it to be AmigaOS. That something else is doing it better doesn't really matter.

At long last, someone else actually sees how I view the Amiga and why I choose it as my favourite method of computing...

That's why I don't get all this hostility and folk getting upset about things being said about the OS they prefer to use, you should use whichever OS you enjoy for whatever your reasons may be but why get upset when someone says something you don't like about your choice...

It's after all just another persons view/ opinion on something and it in no way can actually affect your choice or spoil your enjoyment of what you have chosen, unless you choose to let it effect you...

A bit like I'm one of the few people who doesn't like any form of cream, most folk enjoy cream but to me it tastes vile and disgusting but I don't get upset when someone says to me things like "you can't possibly enjoy strawberries without cream" or " how can you not like cream, it's lovely", simple fact is I can ignore them or reply to them but at the end of the day it makes no difference to me as I'm perfectly happy living life without cream...

Simple analogy I know but like I say how can anyone get upset by someone else's opinion or view on something especially when it's said by someone you most likely don't even know sitting hundreds or thousand of miles away you and who's views/ opinions should not actually matter to you...

Profile     Report this post  
Kicko 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 20:14:30
#142 ]
Elite Member

Its like with every other OS'es. New updates gives new stuff + bugfixes, enhancements etc. And you probably know most stuff are reworked for NG hardware. Like zerohero said new reaction, usb2 (finally;), updated mui 3.9, resizeable icons, drivers for different soundcards and other stuff. Have to use my time to watch a movie now :)

If you would be here i could show you my workbench and how it looks and feels compared to my old os3.9 system i had on my a4000. The good thing most hacks and patches i used i dont need on os4 as it has all of that funktions builtin. Its not like the updates took away funktions or made the system slower etc.

In other words i dont really need to talk about this as i know what i have and that there are changes from the system i used on my a4000. I run that system on winuae on my laptop too.

Why not just check the releasetext from os4.0 to os4.1 update 3 yourself. They arent as deep as morphos releasetexts but at least give some info :)

I like my system and i think you like yours

Last edited by Kicko on 16-Oct-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Last edited by Kicko on 16-Oct-2011 at 08:24 PM.

zerohero 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 20:25:17
#143 ]
Team Member

@Franko

It's all about history, and people not letting the past be the past. We pretend that is not the issue, but it is.

EDIT:
And just to be clear, I am not talking about anyone particular here.

EDIT 2:
Quote:
That's why I don't get all this hostility and folk getting upset about things being said about the OS they prefer to use, you should use whichever OS you enjoy for whatever your reasons may be but why get upset when someone says something you don't like about your choice...

Yes you're in all kinds of threads putting people down for their choice of OS. Inconsistent at best.

Last edited by zerohero on 16-Oct-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Last edited by zerohero on 16-Oct-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 20:56:24
#144 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

The past is gone, whether you, I or anyone learned anything from it, only each individual can answer that but history, well that's a different story, history should never be ignored or dismissed and is there for the benefit of us all to learn from...

Me... a lot of people say I'm a old dinosaur and stuck in the past but hey if that's so, I'm a happy old dinosaur living in the past...

The thing is noone has anyone to blame but themselves if they get upset by any of the stuff that is said on forums like these. We can all choose to ignore, agree, disagree, respond or not or just have no opinion at all to something that is said, whether it be about the past, present or future...

But at the end of it all the words of someone else should never have any negative affect on you, as after all if you don't firmly or truly believe your own views and opinions are the right ones for you, then maybe the person who is saying something you don't like is actually speaking some truth and deep down it is this that causes folk to react the way they do because they just don't want to admit the other person may just be right ...

Which makes everything I just say a waste of time as basically what I'm saying is, what anyone says (including me) should matter one wee bit to anyone one else...

Hmmm... think that post just wiped itself out... me brain hurts now... I'm off for a lye down...

PS: I aint putting anyone down, that's just your strange interpretation of my OPINIONS on things, which is your choice but like I said about it doesn't actually matter to me as explained...

zerohero 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 21:02:45
#145 ]
Team Member

@Franko

Quote:
The thing is noone has anyone to blame but themselves if they get upset by any of the stuff that is said on forums like these. We can all choose to ignore, agree, disagree, respond or not or just have no opinion at all to something that is said, whether it be about the past, present or future...

Yes, but chosing to ignore the ToS isn't an option. We've had too much of that recently anyway. Some say even I am breaking the ToS, you know...

Franko 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 21:40:56
#146 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@Franko

Yes, but chosing to ignore the ToS isn't an option. We've had too much of that recently anyway. Some say even I am breaking the ToS, you know...

Why you're choosing to ignore the TOS is not really much to do with me and is your choice, so I'm not sure why you would mention that to me as I don't believe I am ignoring the TOS...

zerohero 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 21:46:31
#147 ]
Team Member

@Franko

So we're talking about differences of opinion and insults and such, and you don't make the connection? Hmm, I'll be more blunt next time, but lets just say that being Scottish won't save you.

itix 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 21:55:14
#148 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Quote:

But isn't that the whole point? It's AmigaOS continued. If I (or anyone) wanted something else would I have chosen something else then? My Win7 laptop does plenty of things I can't with my AmigaOS 4.x machine, same goes for my Debian box, but that's not the issue here, is it? I want it to be AmigaOS. That something else is doing it better doesn't really matter.

I know exactly what you mean but I gave up caring Amiga(OS) ten years ago and finally MorphOS six years ago (*). We have been living in a post-Commodore world over 15 years now and it has obsoleted itself in time. In hundred years we are dead anyway

* (too bad it couldnt kill little evangelist inside me... Amigan is always Amigan in good and bad)

Nevertheless your reasons to use OS4 are valid and I am not interested to contest it.

Last edited by itix on 16-Oct-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Last edited by itix on 16-Oct-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Last edited by itix on 16-Oct-2011 at 09:56 PM.

zerohero 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 22:01:31
#149 ]
Team Member

@itix

Quote:
Nevertheless your reasons to use OS4 are valid and I am not interested to contest it.

I wish all of us could think like this, I think it would help us immensely.

Quote:
We have been living in a post-Commodore world over 15 years now and it has obsoleted itself in time.

I agree with this, but I also think that's part of the fun.

Franko 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 22:09:26
#150 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@Franko

So we're talking about differences of opinion and insults and such, and you don't make the connection? Hmm, I'll be more blunt next time, but lets just say that being Scottish won't save you.

No idea what your problem is nor do I care to be honest, veiled threats of being banned by the sounds of it for no good nor apparent reason...

Hmmm... sounds to me like you'd better make sure your very blunt with me about whatever "IT" is, as I haven't got a scooby doo about where your coming from here...

Seems to me like you don't like me and that's your choice but remember what I have said, nothing you or anyone on these forums has any effect on me personally, you see unlike you I take them for what they are ie: nothing more than a bit of banter and being banned from a forum certainly isn't going to upset, annoy bother or concern me...

So ban away, just like your dying to and come up with some bogus reason (or not) for doing so, at the end of it all it won't make the slightest bit of difference in my life and I'll still be my usual happy self...

zerohero 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 22:33:21
#151 ]
Team Member

@Franko

Quote:
Seems to me like you don't like me

I would guess you don't approve of me either (hint).

Franko 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 22:54:57
#152 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Well that gonna be quite novel getting banned from one forum because of something said on another...

I neither like or dislike you, all I know about you is from some recent bizarre PM's you sent me here, that honestly made no sense to me whatsoever...

So if something I've said on Moobunny has upset you then I refer you to my earlier posts as to what my answer would be to that...

Strange breed mods are, 98% of them seem to be humourless, break the very TOS they chastise others for and lack even the slightest bit of common sense while they stomp about on their ego inflating power trips...

I won't say which percentage I am of the opinion you are in but I'm pretty sure you can guess...

Ooops... forgot it's against certain mods own personal made up TOS for people to speak the truth, give an honest opinion or view on things but hey, it don't matter to me, so have a little power trip if you want too (and you know you really want to) and ban away, heck you don't even have to come up with another lame excuse this time...

Pretty sure If I can't respond here anymore you'll be able to find my reply on Moo...

zerohero 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 23:00:27
#153 ]
Team Member

@Franko

Quote:
Well that gonna be quite novel getting banned from one forum because of something said on another...

That will never happen, at least not while I'm still a moderator here.

Quote:
I neither like or dislike you, all I know about you is from some recent bizarre PM's you sent me here, that honestly made no sense to me whatsoever...

So you're upset I restricted you for 3 days, and then calls me a hypocrite for it? Then says I'm breaking our own ToS? Could you please inform me where I broke our ToS? I have no idea what you're referring to.

EDIT:
Spelling!

Last edited by zerohero on 16-Oct-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 23:29:04
#154 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@Franko

So you're upset I restricted you for 3 days, and then calls me a hypocrite for it? Then says I'm breaking our own ToS? Could you please inform me where I broke our ToS? I have no idea what you're referring to.

I aint upset in the slightest about having a 3 day ban even if it was unfairly done (thought it was quite amusing actually)...

Go back to post 145 here where you say yourself "Some say even I am breaking the Tos, you know..."

Now some means more than one, so it's obviously not just me who believes you are doing so and instead of me pointing them all out to you here, I suggest you re-read some of your own posts over again and maybe you will see why some folk (myself included) believe this to be so...

Thing is and you don't seem to get this, I really don't have an argument with you or have anything against you one way or the other, just seems to me like you did with the pm's, you're trying to get a response out of me so you can ban me and claim it was fairly done...

Now if that's really what you want then just say so and I'll gladly give you one single solitary post in which you can issue a lifetime ban on me and save all these pointless posts here, it's no skin off my nose and you only have to ask...

zerohero 
Posted on 16-Oct-2011 23:35:02
#155 ]
Team Member

@Franko

Quote:
Now some means more than one, so it's obviously not just me

I was referring to your post on moobunny. I thought you'd get the hint.

Quote:
Thing is and you don't seem to get this, I really don't have an argument with you or have anything against you one way or the other, just seems to me like you did with the pm's, you're trying to get a response out of me so you can ban me and claim it was fairly done...

It's quite obvious you don't know me. At all.

realize 
Posted on 17-Oct-2011 0:39:58
#156 ]

@zerohero

Franko knows exactly what he is doing. He is the definitive disruptive force on forums like this. Ever notice how he NEVER posted here until he got banned from aorg? Now he's trying to cozy up to you guys. How embarassing.

Not only that but he never will run os4 or morphos or aros or anything just classic stuff and will just post pollute for attention. All he will do is write meaningless long winded posts with stupid scottish slang and even more stupid smilies.

Quote:
Now if that's really what you want then just say so and I'll gladly give you one single solitary post in which you can issue a lifetime ban on me and save all these pointless posts here, it's no skin off my nose and you only have to ask...

Oh please oh please do it so you can get banned. you have no interest in OS4 at all only in being disruptive so just go away and have some self respect for a change.

Last edited by realize on 17-Oct-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Last edited by realize on 17-Oct-2011 at 12:43 AM.

cheesegrate 
Posted on 17-Oct-2011 3:34:44
#157 ]

@realize

Well i saw observed amigaworld start, go through its fascist phase, then mellow a bit then mikeyc had a hissy fit and take most of the loons away to the amigans.net, and then a semblence of sanity emerged amongst the new moderators and thought it was time to jump in. Unfortunately since amigans is becoming irrelevent due to lack of posts some of those characters such as wizzard and hondo and others have come back here and are demanding the reintroduction of censorship and making this a os4 only site.

@vox

Quote:
MorphOS isn`t (it isn`t exactly AmigaOS 4 and cannot run exactly same software

Yes you are correct morphos runs a lot more amigaos software than os4 DIrectoryOpus, CygnusEd and those hyperion games just to name a few

Last edited by cheesegrate on 17-Oct-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Last edited by cheesegrate on 17-Oct-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Last edited by cheesegrate on 17-Oct-2011 at 03:36 AM.

"Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!" - Monkey Island

Hondo 
Posted on 17-Oct-2011 6:17:11
#158 ]

@cheesegrate

Quote:
Well i saw observed amigaworld start, go through its fascist phase, then mellow a bit then mikeyc had a hissy fit and take most of the loons away to the amigans.net, and then a semblence of sanity emerged amongst the new moderators and thought it was time to jump in. Unfortunately since amigans is becoming irrelevent due to lack of posts some of those characters such as wizzard and hondo and others have come back here and are demanding the reintroduction of censorship and making this a os4 only site.

And I saw the exact opposite where amigaworld turned into a nightmare because of letting people like you in. You and your fellowship towards AOS4.XX are a total disaster towards the amiga community, and have been so for years now. And you wonder why we react harsh when you say something...geez

Perhaps you're just envious MOS/AROS users who can't stand the fact that AOS are succesfull and have new hardware and a solid path to the future, and therefore you try and ruin every bit of the OS4 communitys spirit. Well I've got news for ya dudes, you'll never win, never ever because you use all your powers to try and ruin the opponents product instead of using your power to strengthen your own.

(I mean no disrespect towards MOS and AROS initatives. This is about the few bad apples coming here for years and badmouthing anything AOS)

opi 
Posted on 17-Oct-2011 7:54:59
#159 ]
Team Member

@Hondo

Quote:
Perhaps you're just envious MOS/AROS users who can't stand the fact that AOS are succesfull and have new hardware and a solid path to the future, and therefore you try and ruin every bit of the OS4 communitys spirit. Well I've got news for ya dudes, you'll never win, never ever because you use all your powers to try and ruin the opponents product instead of using your power to strengthen your own.

Herp depr, durr.

vox 
Posted on 17-Oct-2011 9:50:53
#160 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

Hondo wrote:
And I saw the exact opposite where amigaworld turned into a nightmare because of letting people like you in. You and your fellowship towards AOS4.XX are a total disaster towards the amiga community, and have been so for years now. And you wonder why we react harsh when you say something...geez

(I mean no disrespect towards MOS and AROS initatives. This is about the few bad apples coming here for years and badmouthing anything AOS)

This kind of "competition" is obsolete - MOS has clear path with 3.x and AROS with Wi-Fi and G-Force support (big news!) No one will ever win in terms "his horse will be the only one"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle