Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 43 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Rob:  26 mins ago
 matthey:  48 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 44 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  3 hrs 35 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  4 hrs 48 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  5 hrs 41 mins ago
 amigakit:  6 hrs 41 mins ago
 BigD:  6 hrs 46 mins ago
 zipper:  9 hrs 3 mins ago
 Frank:  9 hrs 17 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  It's only 1 more day
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
Franko 
Re: It's only a matter of 3 days
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 19:24:05
#21 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Ahem... the pictures are clearly Amiga's so they aint trying to pretend the thing is about anything other than the Amiga...

They also didn't change their mind willingly about calling it Workbench. Cloanto owns the Trademark "Workbench" and CUSA were not given permission by Cloanto to use it...

Don't be "fair" towards them, have you forgotten already the lies, stolen artwork, insults from Barry, Spam from Dammy and BigBen telling us "tough , and we'd better get used to it and like it"...

CUSA is a company that from their own pathetic & unprofessional behaviour doesn't deserve any type of fairness handed out to them, they caused their own problems and deserve everything they get...

Profile     Report this post  
KimmoK 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 19:29:22
#22 ]
Elite Member

This new commodore makes me sick again. PC with Linux can never have the look & feel & simplicity & speed of the original. (not without AmigalikeOS)

Last edited by KimmoK on 08-Nov-2011 at 07:31 PM.

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

zerohero 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 19:31:54
#23 ]
Team Member

@thread

I suggest you treat C-USA the same way you would want your OS of choice be treated on these forums. Considering the tone of voice in this thread already, I will not give further warnings for bad behavior, I will restrict people for it.

Thank you for listening.

Regards,
Joachim Birging

AmigaWorld.Net staff

danwood 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 19:34:18
#24 ]

@zerohero

Certainly got nothing against "their" OS, I like and use Ubuntu daily.

Last edited by danwood on 08-Nov-2011 at 07:45 PM.

CritAnime 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 19:35:41
#25 ]
Cult Member

@Franko

Looks like your posts have been removed from the a-o.org lol. Wonder why

I like Linux and use it as my main OS on my PC. But come on Barry, do you expect people to go "oh woopie it's like having workbench all over again!" Also the release date of 11.11.11.... Isn't that the same release date as Immortals? So they gonna start claiming that this is some clever cross promotion again lol.

In all seriousness though. I do wonder what this has going for it compared to other more mature distro's.

Admin at Commodore Gaming Wiki

Nimrod 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 19:42:35
#26 ]

@BigBentheAussie @Digitex

We all know, only too well your opinion of us

I am therefore somewhat confused why you should continue to advertise your products on this forum.
May I suggest that you hawk your booty elsewhere.

Franko 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 20:00:33
#27 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@thread

I suggest you treat C-USA the same way you would want your OS of choice be treated on these forums. Considering the tone of voice in this thread already, I will not give further warnings for bad behavior, I will restrict people for it.

Thank you for listening.

Regards,
Joachim Birging

AmigaWorld.Net staff

I have to say that's a pretty poor judgement on your part when you consider how Barry Altman has behaved in the past in these threads on this site and others, insulting peoples wives, nationalities and posting absurd and crude comments about peoples sexual lives...

You ask for no more "bad behaviour" from people here and yet you let this man who is supposed to be a professional businessman advertise products freely that are in no way Amiga related and has a track record for being nothing but abusive...

What is his reason for posting this here, when he knows fine well the type or response it will provoke I ask you !!!

Like I said before this man and his company doesn't deserve any respect or fairness for the reasons mentioned and I find it very strange that you would support him in any form whatsoever when you consider this...

number6 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 20:03:57
#28 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

I see you've adopted the realize philosophy in full.

justified hatred.

zerohero 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 20:09:00
#29 ]
Team Member

@Franko

I don't support anyone, not in that sense. My job is to make sure our users behave, and if they don't it's my job to stop them. You are responsible for your own posts, blaming someone else is a poor excuse.

If you have anything further to say about this, PM me, it won't be tolerated in this thread.

Regards,
Joachim Birging

AmigaWorld.Net staff

Franko 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 20:11:18
#30 ]
Elite Member

@number6

You call it hatred, I call it speaking my mind and expressing my honest opinion...

As I don't know Barry Altman personally I can hardly "hate" him but as I do know his products, which are in my opinion nothing to do with the real Amiga as we all know it, I can justifiably hate those products for the overpriced kit that they are and the simple fact they are using the Amiga name to cash in on on the Amiga's heritage...

Last edited by Franko on 09-Nov-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Last edited by Franko on 08-Nov-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Hondo 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 20:11:39
#31 ]

@digitex and Hyperion

You guys should set aside your differences and combine your activities. Love the video and the music, just wish it was for AmigaOS

TheMaskedMuchacho 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 20:34:09
#32 ]

CommodoreUSA have only announced this now because SinclairUK released SinclairOS a few days ago.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY, I TELL YOU!

redrumloa 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 20:49:27
#33 ]
Cult Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@thread

Thank you for listening.

Regards,
Joachim Birging

AmigaWorld.Net staff

+1

$225 total spent!

Arko 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 20:49:47
#34 ]

@digitex

In the Rhineland, the Carnival season is considered to be the "fifth season of the year", starting on November 11 at exactly 11:11 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdZOQZPeva4

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

vox 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 21:02:01
#35 ]
Elite Member

If it was a PC company selling machines with Linux to compete vs Microsoft,
with clear pro Linux propaganda, with aim to ship cheap and quality to the world and put down x86 prices even lower (more Linux for users!), would be among first to support that positive practice. Its about what they do, but for high prices and wanna be Commodore Amiga game.

For the lastest example, what an Amiga 1000 or any model featured in video have to do with CommodoOS (its original name from first website)?

Arko 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 21:02:38
#36 ]

@danwood

Quote:

danwood wrote:
" it doesn't show the truth and a photo of a bog-standard IBM-Clone PC running Ubuntu or Windows 7 at the end."

The sad thing about Amiga is that "a bog-standard IBM-Clone PC running Ubuntu or Windows 7" will give customers a higher value than most solutions offered as Amiga succsessor by others.

Compared with the number of left over Amigaoid users, a good produced and marketed "Amiga succsessor" basing on "a bog-standard IBM-Clone PC running Ubuntu or Windows 7" migh sell out all AmigaOS4, MorphOS and Amithlon machines ever built.

But I'm shure CUSA will fail to sell more than 5000 in one year, less than 50000 units is something I would call a clear fail in todays computer times

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

vox 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 21:07:27
#37 ]
Elite Member

@TheMaskedMuchacho

Quote:
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of SinclairOS version 1.0 Pink Eye. We have created SinclairOS to be the most configurable and powerful operating system available today for any system, it can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be, it can do anything you could ever want to do with a computer and many things you have yet to think of. YOU decide how you want it to look, YOU decide what features you need, SinclairOS is the operating system for YOU no matter who YOU are, it's all about YOU the Sinclair User for Your Sinclair and should never Crash. SinclairOS is designed from the ground up to bring back all those memories of typing in listings from books and magazines for your sinclair computer in the best possible way we could think of using today's technology to create the worlds most advanced operating system.

How could we miss that important news of Pink Eye release?

Quote:
Remember when computers were frustrating

I`ve even got an reply from SinclairUK

Quote:
Although we at sinclairUK like to hear ideas from the community and are very excited by your ideas for the future of sinclairOS please could you refrain from posting your ideas no matter how great they sound as news as it may cause confusion with our official SinclairOS Pink Eye release available now for download. We may steal your ideas in the future though so thanks for posting, a new forum will be created for feature requests and new ideas we can steal from the Sinclair Community.

Last edited by vox on 08-Nov-2011 at 09:15 PM.

vox 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 21:19:52
#38 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

SinclairUK website offers quite interesting exponation of the v1.0 PinkEye release of SinclairOS and its promo campaign. Out now.

Quote:
We have released SinclairOS Pink Eye for download, it is available to everybody but we can only recommend it for sinclair computers because if we didn't there would be no reason to buy one so we may find some way to break it on non sinclair computers in the future. It turns out that the released version of SinclairOS is nothing like we said it would be, those were all just pipe dreams but it's still an OS and still has the sinclair name so even though you could just use some other OS based on the same code it would not be SinclairOS. If I can, I will put together a very amateurish video to promote SinclairOS, I may use MS Paint or if I can figure out how, ill render some text poorly so it looks like it was done in the early 90s, use some stock photos of sinclair computers from the past with some fancy zooming effects and fades that I can find in iMovie. Why should a big rich company with £3 million advertising budget pay a pro to do this stuff when I can probably do it myself?

eliyahu 
Posted on 8-Nov-2011 21:30:04
#39 ]

@number6

Quote:
I see you've adopted the realize philosophy in full.

justified hatred.

i wouldn't recommend anyone harbor any personal animosity toward the CUSA principals -- i don't -- but some of their past behavior itself is worthy of condemnation, or at least criticism. i refer interested parties to a post of mine on the subject a few months ago for more on the interactions between CUSA and our community.

-- eliyahu

T-J 
Posted on 9-Nov-2011 0:06:28
#40 ]
Cult Member

I'm sorry, everyone, but this latest round of fluff from Florida made me laugh. I'm just going to cherry pick my favourite bit to share with everyone:

Quote:

Commodore OS Vision will be available for free download by the general public shortly. Commodore OS Vision is beta software under continual development.
There are no warranties whatsoever regarding its usage or applicability for any purpose.
The focus has been on the system working well on Commodore hardware and usage on other systems may vary.
Commodore OS Vision is 64-bit software only, to make the most of the latest technology.
Commodore ROMs are provided with our machines or purchased media only.

Please note that Commodore USA does not provide telephone support for this software at this stage.

Right, so its not finished, comes without warranty, might not work on anything other than whatever PCs they've relabelled and doesn't work on 32-bit systems...

Fine, all par for the course on a generic Linux distribution. Except of course for the lack of support, but were we really expecting any from this outfit? Right.

The bit that made me laugh, though, was the tagline that came after that:

Quote:
"No other system comes with as much functionality out of the box."

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle