Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 80 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  11 mins ago
 eliyahu:  48 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 Karlos:  2 hrs 37 mins ago
 gryfon:  2 hrs 48 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  3 hrs 16 mins ago
 Yssing:  3 hrs 32 mins ago
 t0lkien:  3 hrs 36 mins ago
 sibbi:  4 hrs 39 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  4 hrs 53 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Inc. offshoot
      /  A challenging question from CUSA.
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
PosterThread
elatour 
Re: A challenging question from CUSA.
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 6:45:16
#81 ]
Cult Member

@TheDaddy

Wow! That's like what, 10 or more posts by you in this thread already! Dude, if I did not already know you hated CUSA with a passion, I'd think you have a really stiff one going on for them! Better start cutting back on the roids man, your rage and agression is palpable from the other side of the pond! You're gonna pop a vein! If you won't do it for our benfit, then at least do it for the benefit of your own health.

Last edited by elatour on 09-Dec-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Last edited by elatour on 09-Dec-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Last edited by elatour on 09-Dec-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
Seblam 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 7:29:45
#82 ]

@elatour

Exactly you get the point.

@TheDaddy

Your problem is like CUSA you are trying to make this whole story bigger than what it is really.
You speak about insults on gay community, you take that from an impulsive reaction on a forum. I think everybody in it's life has already made bad jokes about gay people. This doesn't mean we dont like them or respect them. Same as you said about kids or football players that often insult each others. And for the fake picture, when you are starting a new business, it's part of the game to try to look nicer. So yes, not good behaviour from CUSA but nothing that could really deserve so much rage as you are offering.

Last edited by Seblam on 09-Dec-2011 at 07:30 AM.

linnar 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 7:47:13
#83 ]
Cult Member

@sundown

Quote:

sundown wrote:
@linnar
Quote:
The alternative is a continued slow death.What future do you choose?

If the Amiga future is CUSA, I prefer slow death...

I'm not aganst CUSA, its just not a path I would chose.]

Now you see everything in black or white, which, incidentally, is a common practice in the Amiga community.

With CUSA, the many possibilities. CUSA has just started and they will not stop with the name rights to "Commodore".
In the short time they existed, they have achieved more than many others have done in 1994.
They are very dedicated to what they want and take the name rights is something they want. I think CUSA in a few years is entitled to all the appropriate names and patents from former Amiga / Commodore.
I think, rightly, that they not only want to develop and sell x86 machines. I think they want to poducera and promote other architectures and software as well.

I think CUSA is willing to allow other operators who meet certain requirements to use the name that CUSA has the right to. Especially if CUSA will market them.

With CUSA's strength and sales will be more interested in finding new to the Amiga Community and the hardware / software that are there.
CUSA will serve the mutual friendship by people in the Amiga Community participates in the development of CUSA software.

CUSA will soon open a software store. I think they would find it interesting to also provide software for other Amiga system developed within the Amiga community.

The possibilities are any number of CUSA. There is everything to gain and nothing to lose.

metalmac 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 7:56:30
#84 ]

@BigBentheAussie
@leo

I think that you should continue focusing on x86, and especialy the retro cases and get out a laptop, laptops is the big seller this days.
C=OS is great, and has great potential I think, keep on modefying it and make it better and better.

Then for the classic market, suporting Natami and Minimig would be great, make some nice retro cases and maby talk to the natami team to suport and make a PPC ad on, so that the NG fans can use it with AmigaOS 4 and MorphOS

Wouldnt it even be posible to make a Amiga 1000 retro machine with a natami/PPC/atom board insite, then you could have a machine capable of running
C=OS, Workbwnch 1-3x and Aros and AmigaOS4 and MorphOS on the same hardware. Maby it wouldnt be sheep, but it would be a machine for the die hard
entusiasts

So, X86 and C=OS the future, a Classic machine for the die hard's, and off cours C=OS laptops, laptops, laptops!!

Last edited by metalmac on 09-Dec-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Last edited by metalmac on 09-Dec-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Leo 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 8:04:10
#85 ]

Quote:

>>Again, why always thinking past, i think that Amiga community would have been proud of IPhone if it has been invented by Amiga, even if there was no ram disk icon on desktop, no draggable screen or no wbstartup...

I think you have a point: since a long long time, whatever "Amiga" have become seems to be geared toward the past. While this is a good think (I'm nostalgic too), this shouldn't be what drives the Amiga. If you look at the past, you go backward, not forward...

TheDaddy 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 8:59:06
#86 ]
Elite Member

@elatour

>>Wow! That's like what, 10 or more posts by you in this thread already!

So what? If there is something I can't stand is people, quietly and passively accepting stuff. I won't have it.

>>Dude, if I did not already know you hated CUSA with a passion, I'd think you have a really stiff one going on for them! Better start cutting back on the roids man, your rage and agression is palpable from the other side of the pond! You're gonna pop a vein! If you won't do it for our benfit, then at least do it for the benefit of your own health.

Sorry but you are wrong. Rage, aggression? Really? HA! You should see what happens when CUSA post on amiga.org, ripping them to bits doesn't even describe it anymore. I really I am calm.
I find it amazing how some people can just put the past in a box and in the attic.
Would you really want Amiga Inc. to have anything to do with what good is left of the Amiga community? AROS, MOS, OS4, Natami etc...?

Naz 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 9:15:08
#87 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Enter the retro software business. You already experienced that there is a market for a retro (looking) computer. Consider that for all old systems including video games consoles there exists a homebrew scene which is as far as I can consider very active. Hire the most talented guys of this scene and produce new software for the original C64 and Amiga, put some advertisings in the games magazines - people would be blown away and surprised. Bear i mind how many original C64 and Amigas are out in the wild and still used - more than you may think - for sure a market. The retro trend is real and people like to program in Basic and to Peek and Poke
Further you can consider, as others already proposed, to put a FPGA card into your PCs in order to make them a 100% compatible to the original machine. FPGA devolpments exist for C64 and Amiga. Or, another idea, build a computer that was not officialy launched, like the C65 - must have been a great machine and I am quite sure that there would be many people keen to get their hands on. That's also the reason why I believe that Natami can be a success because it's an evolution of the Amiga - cool!
To make a long talk short - consider also the Software business and not only hardware. Serving the Retro crowed you would have a USP and could gain the Pole Position!

Just thinkings. Basically I know from experience, that a clear focus is a must in order to have success. Sometimes I can not recognize clearly in which direction CUSA is going to move, but I may have not paid enough attention. We will see.

Best,
naz

TheDaddy 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 9:18:21
#88 ]
Elite Member

@Seblam

As I know that you are eagerly waiting for my response here it is:

>>Your problem is like CUSA you are trying to make this whole story bigger than what it is really.

Nope. Not trying to do anything, just pointing out the facts. Just expressing my thoughts on this sudden "change of mind".

>>You speak about insults on gay community, you take that from an impulsive reaction on a forum.

Wait a minute...."impulsive reaction"? So it's ok to have "impulsive reactions" is it now? OK let's invade CANADA...sorry it was an "impulsive reaction" here it is, have it back!
Are the things that CUSA have done "justifiable"? I am just saying to you that personally I can't trust people who told the community to go and screw themselves as we were not needed. Can you?

>>I think everybody in it's life has already made bad jokes about gay people.

So we obviously approve that, do we? You want to be seen as part of that? It was only a joke, let's all laugh, HAHA!

>>the fake picture, when you are starting a new business, it's part of the game to try to look nicer.

Oh my! This is unbelieavable! For the first time I am speechless.

So yes, not good behaviour from CUSA but nothing that could really deserve so much rage as you are offering.

Again with the rage? What rage? Are you serious? If this is rage you haven't seen proper rage then.

OFF TOPIC: How is that brilliant looking game of yours coming along? Can't wait.

TheDaddy 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 9:34:07
#89 ]
Elite Member

@linnar

>>Now you see everything in black or white, which, incidentally, is a common practice in the Amiga community.

More like shades of grey, very shady indeed.

>>With CUSA, the many possibilities. CUSA has just started and they will not stop with the name rights to "Commodore".
In the short time they existed, they have achieved more than many others have done in 1994.

Brilliant! Spin doctor in action of the highest quality, superb!

They are very dedicated to what they want and take the name rights is something they want. I think CUSA in a few years is entitled to all the appropriate names and patents from former Amiga / Commodore.
I think, rightly, that they not only want to develop and sell x86 machines. I think they want to poducera and promote other architectures and software as well.

That is a gem, keep them coming!

I think CUSA is willing to allow other operators who meet certain requirements to use the name that CUSA has the right to. Especially if CUSA will market them.

Excuse me? CUSA is WILLING to allow?

>>With CUSA's strength and sales

?

Hondo 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 9:59:27
#90 ]

AmigaOne X1000 & AmigaOS 4.2 combo hi-tech train is about to depart, and give all of the AmigaOS community A GREAT RIDE!

This will eventually lead to a much bigger momentum in the AmigaOS community, and I predict that we'll see A-eon, Hyperion, Acube, Amikit, make a fusion, and form a succesful new company. (yeah Trevor, Ben, Matt, Acube leader, that's a good idea)

So what is it CUSA could offer here except for a licensed "Amiga" name ?

Why should the above mentioned companies even think about working with CUSA ?

Last edited by Hondo on 09-Dec-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Leo 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 10:00:30
#91 ]

Quote:

Then for the classic market, suporting Natami and Minimig would be great, make some nice retro cases and maby talk to the natami team to suport and make a PPC ad on, so that the NG fans can use it with AmigaOS 4 and MorphOS

Supporting ? How ? I don't think this would bring any income. A PPC addon ? Why ? How ? At what price ?

eXec 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 10:04:47
#92 ]
Cult Member

@elatour

Quote:
@TheDaddy Wow! That's like what, 10 or more posts by you in this thread already! Dude, if I did not already know you hated CUSA with a passion, I'd think you have a really stiff one going on for them! Better start cutting back on the roids man, your rage and agression is palpable from the other side of the pond! You're gonna pop a vein! If you won't do it for our benfit, then at least do it for the benefit of your own health.

He has always been like that. Pure agression and insults.

LoneHaranguer 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 10:20:52
#93 ]

@TheDaddy

Quote:
Oh and what do MOS, AROS and OS4 offer more than OSX and Windows or even Linux? Nothing.

Nothing, that is, except RAM:, RAD:, Commodities, Data Types, draggable screens, small resource use and the ablitiy to build meta-applications using the AREXX ports of existing applications. Need I mention XMOS?

Gods, I'm looking forward to getting an X1000.

@BigBenTheAussie
Sell retro computing stuff that's actually retro computing stuff. Take a look at AmigaKit and Individual Computers.

The C64X looks like a Commodore 64, but the Chamelon 64 actually is one ...

(I wanna get a Chameleon too)

TheDaddy 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 10:25:09
#94 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

>>He has always been like that. Pure agression and insults.

Here you are, I was wondering how long it would have taken you to come out of your hiding place and start talking rubbish again. Less than a day. Not bad for you.

Pure aggression and insults?
Point me to any of those two alleged things please?

Where are the insults?
Compare my "insults" to your NONSENSE and CUSA REAL INSULTS. Can you tell the difference?

I'll explain:

If I said: "Franko and eXec are a big fat dicks" this would be considered an insult, granted some may agree but it's not the point here. and only IF I SAID it, which I haven't.

I am only trying to understand how all of a sudden such a company, which has slated the community several times wants to be "friends" again.

See the difference?

SHADES 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 10:25:12
#95 ]
Cult Member

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:
Realistically, what could CUSA possibly do now to improve the "Amiga" situation to your satisfaction?

For me it's simple.

I'd like to use AMIGA OS again and see it developed faster and on a more accessible platform.

However that path is obtained, Hyperion, AMIGA INC etc etc I really don't care.

Get AMIGA OS going again with a clear, forward moving momentum development path and I'll gladly stay/recommend/help out.
I mean forward momentum faster than the current snail pace.

No good all fragmented, slow moving and expensive as hell.

That's about it really.

Merry Christmas

Last edited by SHADES on 09-Dec-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Last edited by SHADES on 09-Dec-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Last edited by SHADES on 09-Dec-2011 at 10:28 AM.

linnar 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 10:25:35
#96 ]
Cult Member

@TheDaddy

OK, I'm bad at English, you may try to fill in for yourself if my translation is not looking good.

You're one of those who can really think! Therefore, I am surprised when you throw out your ideas taken from "hate CUSA Form 1A." You can do better than that!

I'm not 100% convinced that CUSA is right but I think their intentions are good and that their strength may be useful in the Amiga community. CUSA may of course also benefit from the Amiga community. Win-Win is not wrong!

Who knows, maybe you can take advantage of CUSA CUSA contacts and sales network in the future of retro hardware? x1000 would be sold for half price if it could be sold for more than 10,000 items (I guess the quantity).

SHADES 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 10:36:05
#97 ]
Cult Member

@TheDaddy

I don't see the difference.
Rude is rude no matter what ribbon you put around it. Telling someone where to go, to the sun, or the bottom of a dung pile is rude.

I don't like reading your posts when they are like this, most of the time I don't.

Read your posts, that is.

TheDaddy 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 10:36:59
#98 ]
Elite Member

@LoneHaranguer

>>Nothing, that is, except RAM:, RAD:, Commodities, Data Types, draggable screens, small resource use and the ablitiy to build meta-applications using the AREXX ports of existing applications. Need I mention XMOS?

All of it makes no substantial difference to the average user. Don't get me wrong they are all good things, I like them, I use them, they set Amiga apart from the rest but at this moment in time the person who needs to print properly, surf with a fast and complete browser, do some nice HD gaming, crunch numbers, 3D graphics etc...won't feel the need for them. The kid in his room is playing Battlefield 3 in HD, online, he is doing it on a pc his parents bought him to do homework on (we all remember this don't we?)

Regarding the XMOS I just hope it won't go the way of the fpga on the SAM. We need some clever guy to come up with some clever hardware to make use of it otherwise it's wasted.

I am looking forward to owning a X1000 too by the way

TheDaddy 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 10:49:18
#99 ]
Elite Member

@linnar

>>You're one of those who can really think! Therefore, I am surprised when you throw out your ideas taken from "hate CUSA Form 1A." You can do better than that!

No they are not. They are all based on solid ground. If you FAIL to see that then I am sorry there is nothing I can do. I have explained it in my previous posts.
If you don't see it it's probably because you do NOT want to see it.
I am happy with that. I am happy for people to close an eye.

>>I'm not 100% convinced that CUSA is right but I think their intentions are good and that their strength may be useful in the Amiga community. CUSA may of course also benefit from the Amiga community. Win-Win is not wrong!

As I said before, this is not the point. The point is: Would you be comfortable with CUSA? Would you take ACube, Hyperion, AROS, MOS more seriously for mixing with CUSA? Would they lose respect (customers, followers) because of it?

>>Who knows, maybe you can take advantage of CUSA CUSA contacts and sales network in the future of retro hardware? x1000 would be sold for half price if it could be sold for more than 10,000 items (I guess the quantity).

Maybe. I never shut the door completely but the doubt remains and how would you feel about it? Would I feel happy/comfortable with it?

Surely we have seen this type of stuff happening before? Companies who hated each other, countries who hated each other then sleeping in the same bed so it could happen but at that point I'd have to make a decision, would I embrace it or would I just pull the plug on 30 years of Commodore and Amiga?

eXec 
Posted on 9-Dec-2011 10:54:09
#100 ]
Cult Member

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:
Realistically, what could CUSA possibly do now to improve the "Amiga" situation to your satisfaction?

There is just one course for the all Amiga remaining parts, licenses and fractions.

Buy them all. Nail them all under one house. Take a whell in your hands and
never let it down. The few ones who do not understand it will be probably barking
for a few weeks, but later they will all stop. Do not look back on those who
are biting and insulting. They and their insulting policies are worthless.
Those very same individues will later buy your products and pretend that
they never had anything against you....

Do the best logical things for Amiga. I and many others believe in you.
You will not fail.

Last edited by eXec on 09-Dec-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle