Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 127 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  25 mins ago
 pixie:  50 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  1 hr 58 mins ago
 kriz:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 Karlos:  2 hrs 16 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  2 hrs 29 mins ago
 Rassilon:  2 hrs 31 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 42 mins ago
 Ratta:  2 hrs 50 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Site Announcements
      /  Some news on the site
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
redrumloa 
Re: Some news on the site
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 23:13:13
#141 ]
Cult Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@BigBentheAussie

Quote:

Just want to clarify that Dammy is a supporter, not a representative of Commodore USA.
What he says is only his opinion on matters, not necessarily CUSA policy.

If I were you I'd work pretty hard to make that a lot clearer. Just saying.

Should Trevor work harder to prove that Atheist2 is not a represntative of A-Eon? Think about that for a minute...

*note* I am not comparing Dammy to Atheist2

$225 total spent!

Profile     Report this post  
zerohero 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 23:19:47
#142 ]
Team Member

@redrumloa

Quote:
Should Trevor work harder to prove that Atheist2 is not a represntative of A-Eon? Think about that for a minute...

I think that's pretty clear, and it's equally obvious that Damocles tries really hard to at least sound official. BigBenTheAussie just degraded him to fanboy status, I doubt Damocles appreciates that.

Franko 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 23:26:21
#143 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:
@thread

In other news...it seems Amiga Inc. finally has created a decent looking home page: http://www.amiga.com/

Don't quite get this one

This fake website you've set up for a laugh (could be American humour, never could get the hang of that)...

Who's Ray Akey "The best coder on the planet" who's link to his website is up for sale...

Who's Kay Koprowski "Friend for life" who's link to her webiste take you an identical site word for word but under the name of www.brimfield.org...

And who is the man in the hat with the binoculars always parked across the road from me most nights and thinks I haven't seen him...

C'mon #6 if your gonna make a fake website at least use names we know or maybe have even vaguely have heard of, right now I'm more confused than wee Kesa trying to figure out if the giant floating turd that chased him while surfing was real or not...

wawa 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 23:27:27
#144 ]
Elite Member

@redrumloa

Quote:

*note* I am not comparing Dammy to Atheist2

but you just *did* compared them. another preson who contradicts his previous statement in a following sentence?

A500 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 23:28:18
#145 ]

@tomazkid

I am impressedwith the number of posts you have made... 11000! Thats a whole lot.

wawa 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 23:30:50
#146 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:

@BigBentheAussie

I have said here in various threads that I don't agree with CUSA being taken off the front page and defended what I see as censorship and unfairness being aimed at CUSA in regard to this...

I have said this DESPITE the following FACTS as quite simply I don't believe in censorship in any form no matter how "mild" some folk may claim it to be...

SOME FACTS ABOUT Commodore USA LLC...

CUSA on their FaceBook page deleted many people posts that even just asked them simple questions...

CUSA on their FaceBook page banned people from ever posting on them that asked them simple questions...

CUSA's CEO Barry Altman has made Racist remarks, Homophobic remarks, Insults about other peoples wife's & sexual lives, Told lies & generally been a complete and utter a-hole on these Amiga forums...

CUSA have used false picture and made false claims regarding them, has posted so called facts and figures and never backed them up when queried on them...

CUSA have used other peoples copyrighted artwork without permission to advertise their products...

CUSA do not allow people to even comment on their advertising videos they place on YouTube...

You yourself have on numerous occasion told people on these forums to "get used to it", "you'd better like it, "you have no choice" and other such remarks...

Now despite all of the above affecting me directly, then why do I still defend CUSA's freedom of speech and in return get a pathetic thread made by Barry Altman posting a PM I sent to him on another site ???

I defend everything from censorship whether I agree with what is being said or not and all this despite in the case of CUSA the above mentioned FACTS...

Perhaps instead of complaining here about what you see as censorship & unfair treatment, you at CUSA should reflect on your own imposing of censorship on others and stop doing it, then and only then can you complain about the unfair treatment you claim you get on other sites...

+1!

number6 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 23:33:47
#147 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

No one made up a website. The address was Amiga Inc.'s home page.

Here's a snapshot of what the site looked like not long ago:

http://web.archive.org/web/20110707133721/http://amiga.com/

As to some of the names mentioned:
Ray Akey was former webmaster of amiga.com.
John at superhosts is ircop for superhosts, which also hosts #team*amiga, an irc channel which we advertise almost every week here on AW.

Last edited by number6 on 17-Dec-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 23:41:13
#148 ]
Elite Member

@number6

I know what A.incs website looked like...

What I don't get is why this joke sight has obtained the Amiga.com site name when it's got even less to do with the Amiga than CUSA, has links on it that take you to an identical site under a totally different name ( brimfield.org) but is a word for word copy...

I know we live in Bizzaroworld where Amigaland is only a small island but this one makes no sense even in the slightest ... ?-)

Are me meds not working anymore...

number6 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 23:48:22
#149 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
What I don't get is why this joke sight has obtained the Amiga.com site name when it's got even less to do with the Amiga than CUSA

I could not disagree more.

Sunday night IRC chat

There is more irc chat about amiga in 2 hours here than on most amiga irc channels in total in a week. John was crucial in maintaining the chat after the loss of Asha, and we thank him for that.

It's been around for ages. Here's some of the history:

http://www.mousam-river.com/html/ta.HTM

Franko 
Posted on 17-Dec-2011 23:54:51
#150 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Fair enough but the new site Amiga.com points too doesn't actually have anything Amiga on it... seems pretty pointless to me...

sundown 
Posted on 18-Dec-2011 5:33:18
#151 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

irc.superhosts.net has always been the Amiga, Inc server. It was owned by Gary Peake, Director of Development until he passed away.

It appears John M Hoyt bought the server & runs his own company now. It's anyones guess what happen to the Amiga, Inc web site at this point. John is active on facebook.

Homeland Secure IT
John M. Hoyt - CEO, Senior Systems Engineer
"John brings over 25 years of real-world computer experience, encompassing Unix, Linux, *BSD, Amiga, Sun Solaris, Mac, and Microsoft operating systems."

http://www.homelandsecureit.com/employees/employees.htm

You owe number6 an apology...

Franko 
Posted on 18-Dec-2011 6:00:57
#152 ]
Elite Member

@sundown

Quote:

sundown wrote:
@Franko

You owe number6 an apology...

Owe #6 an apology for what !!! that they don't have anything Amiga on their site !!!

If number6 feels I owe him an apology for something then I'm pretty sure he would tell me what offended him and ask for an apology himself...

So until then I'll thank you to keep your asking for apology on behalf of others to yourself , ta very much...

damocles 
Posted on 18-Dec-2011 6:34:07
#153 ]

@zerohero

Quote:
I think that's pretty clear, and it's equally obvious that Damocles tries really hard to at least sound official. BigBenTheAussie just degraded him to fanboy status, I doubt Damocles appreciates that.

Why would I resent what Leo said, it's completely true. All I have been doing is liaison to the Amiga community for Barry. If I was anything more then that, it would have been noted in my signature block.

Hondo 
Posted on 18-Dec-2011 7:46:15
#154 ]

@Franko

Quote:
Are me meds not working anymore...

Don't worry man....just get out here on a daily basis and get your fix!

It's a shame you didn't participate for the last 12 years out here in amigaland

You would have loved it

damocles 
Posted on 18-Dec-2011 7:58:20
#155 ]

@sundown

Quote:
irc.superhosts.net has always been the Amiga, Inc server. It was owned by Gary Peake, Director of Development until he passed away.

No, Gary never owned superhosts.net, that was created by John (aka WarNPeace or simply War) as Amiga Inc's DNS. OMG, this is bringing back so many memories of that time period. I was a CNetPro BBS sysop and that is how I met up with Ray Akey (HeavyMetal or HMetal) who wrote software for and eventually bought CNetPro from the original CNet developer Ken (P.?). War was also a CNet Sysop (may have written some door game, can't remember anymore). It was through the association of CNetPro Sysops I got to be apart of Phoenixi (SP?) Group (Greenboy and Clash's company that was based out of the Bahamas) which had a working relations with QSSL so we got QNX CD updates mailed to us.

There was some really exciting times back in those days until Fleecy got stupid on Peak's TeamAmiga ML. Fleecy got into a ####ing contest with Dan Dodge (great guy!) of QSSL and it all went straight to hell with DE. What a long strange trip it's been, what a wonderful trip it could have been for all of us.

sundown 
Posted on 18-Dec-2011 8:10:30
#156 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
Owe #6 an apology for what !!! that they don't have anything Amiga on their site !!!

I see you either didn't read what I wrote or you are too dumb to understand it, there, I said it....

THAT SERVER WAS OWNED BT AMIGA, INC, how much more Amiga, Inc can it get? Why the site changed is anyones guess right now, get it?, doubt it...but I am sure you'll have something witty to say about it.

Wouldn't bother me at all if it was gone for good, but it could mean something else has happened in Amigaland.

ChrisH 
Posted on 18-Dec-2011 10:37:36
#157 ]
Elite Member

@number6
Quote:
In other news...it seems Amiga Inc. finally has created a decent looking home page: www.amiga.com

LOL. Although I have been kinda expecting Amiga Inc to wind-down it's public face for a long time now. After all, what use do they have for a web site, when they have no real new products to sell, and only sell the Amiga name to the highest bidder?

Last edited by ChrisH on 18-Dec-2011 at 10:43 AM.

ChrisH 
Posted on 18-Dec-2011 11:15:21
#158 ]
Elite Member

@FrankoQuote:
It's amazing the amount of qualified (in their own minds) of armchair psychologists, psychiatrists human behaviour experts etc... there is on Amiga sites...

I am not claiming to be any kind of psychologist, nor suggesting anyone else should be.

What I was *trying* to suggest was that instead of using the word "troll" (which is so vague & misunderstood as to be useless if not counter-productive), people should use normal (non-internet) words that we already have to describe the *behaviour* they are objecting to. The benefit of actually describing the behaviour you object to is that other people might understand what you dislike, and then something might get done about it (e.g. either the person in question adjusts their behaviour, or the admin do something about it).

Here is a hopefully better selection of words (I've spent a little more time thinking these up than the last lot!) :
Drama queen, attention seeker, rude, nasty, blunt, two faced, social arsonist.

Last edited by ChrisH on 18-Dec-2011 at 11:16 AM.

wawa 
Posted on 18-Dec-2011 11:24:22
#159 ]
Elite Member

@ChrisH

and what diagnosis would you consider appropriate for your behaviour in this thread:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=34777&forum=14

Last edited by wawa on 18-Dec-2011 at 11:25 AM.

TiredofLife 
Posted on 18-Dec-2011 11:57:25
#160 ]

No surprise to see this thread get hysterical.

Comparisons drawn with labour camps and apartheid is getting far too carried away.
This is an Amiga site and todate, CUSA hasn't produced a single Amiga or Amiga related product.
Therefore there is no reason for them to be on the front page or have their own section.

The fact that they have been given their own section is pretty tolerant on the part of the mods here.
Describing this as censorship is way off the mark.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle