Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 96 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

OlafS25

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  12 secs ago
 Hammer:  12 mins ago
 Kronos:  16 mins ago
 zipper:  20 mins ago
 pixie:  27 mins ago
 AndreasM:  34 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  50 mins ago
 VooDoo:  54 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 Vidar:  1 hr 37 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )
PosterThread
BigD 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 30-Jan-2013 23:44:47
#1921 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

Looks like the proposed redefining marriage legislation would also require adultery to be all but removed from our laws!

The Telegraph: Gay Marriage Bill 'opens door to abolition of adultery'

Quote:
Under a long-awaited bill allowing same-sex couples to marry, only infidelity between people of opposite genders would count as adultery in divorce cases.

It means that people in a same-sex marriages who discover that their spouse is unfaithful to them would not be able to divorce for adultery – unless it was with someone of the opposite sex.

Equally, it makes clear that straight people cannot accuse their partner of adultery if they discover they had a secret lover of the same sex.

It comes after Government legal experts failed to agree what constitutes “sex” between same-sex couples...

Lawyers and MPs said the distinction over adultery created inequality between heterosexual and homosexual couples in the divorce courts and would lead to confusion. They said it made it likely that adultery would simply be abolished as a grounds for divorce – either through Parliament or the courts.

More undesirable consequences of this ill thought out and unnecessary legislation

Last edited by BigD on 30-Jan-2013 at 11:45 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Clapper 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 31-Jan-2013 6:13:32
#1922 ]

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@Nimrod

My quote
Quote:
Quote: school children being brain-washed with damaging & perverted literature

Your quote
Quote:
If you choose to classify equal rights for all as a perversion, it demonstrates just how little you really care about people. All you are interested in is having power over people and oppressing those who do not choose to live your dream.

I care a lot about the UK's school children and their well being and I consider this literature part of an overtly perverted and liberal brain-washing agenda. This disgusting literature should have no place in 21st century UK primary schools. Redefining marriage would usher in an unchecked wave of this sort of material. Furthermore, a failure to use some if not all of these unsuitable books would no doubt lead to disciplinary procedures for the school staff that complain!

The Sissy Duckling

King and King

And Tango Makes Three

Mommy, Mamma and Me

If two individuals want to have a civil partnership then fine but don't try and redefine marriage and hence force decent people out of work and pervert impressionable young minds with unsuitable books!

Congratulations on outing yourself as a totalitarian homophobe.

It wont make any difference to your warped values I imagine but as an impressionable child I never once felt attracted to members of the same sex despite the number of times I saw Morcambe and Wise sharing a bed.

BigD 
Posted on 31-Jan-2013 7:50:53
#1923 ]
Elite Member

@Clapper

If Elton John and David Furnish want to buy these books for private use then fine. However, I see no reason public money should be spent on them. Keep the marriage definition the way it is and let headmasters and governors decide whether to use these 'resources' or not.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 31-Jan-2013 11:10:11
#1924 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@BigD

Quote:

If Elton John and David Furnish want to buy these books for private use then fine. However, I see no reason public money should be spent on them. Keep the marriage definition the way it is and let headmasters and governors decide whether to use these 'resources' or not.

Public money is spent on the promotion of religion despite religious organisations being exempt from having to pay tax and you have the audacity to claim ownership of the public purse?

If what you say is true, then right here, right now, ALL public money should be denied to any religious organisation, as well as cancer sufferers (well, not everyone has cancer, why should people who don't have cancer pay for them), homeless people, rape victims and every other possible section of society that doesn't include the majority of people as it's populous.

The reason books like the ones you quoted exists, is because of child abusing people like you that make children suffer terribly by YOUR hatred. It's no surprise you wish to subjugate children and force them to have your beliefs as that's a core part of your religion.

What these books do is teach children who have far greater intelligence than you will ever have, that it's OK to be themselves. And that it's OK for others in their class to be themselves. You know, the message that Jesus spread that you have taken it upon yourself to overrule, presumably because he wasn't Christian enough for you, tolerance to others is good. Intolerance to others is bad.

And you still haven't explained why you haven't shaved your wife's head or caved her head in with rocks despite it being made very plainly in a manor than needs no interpretation that is what your LORD commands for her flagrant disregard of the fundamental laws of the religion you claim to follow but still choose to enforce the part about homosexuals that has six times fewer mentions that the laws regarding the eating of shellfish.

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 31-Jan-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Google Translate

Clapper 
Posted on 31-Jan-2013 12:39:43
#1925 ]

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@Clapper

Why do you highlight Elton John and David Furnish? I see no reason why public money should be spent on the Bible or religious texts other than to study as part of RE and even then I question the point of studying RE outside of sociology, anthropology or history.

Why you and others waste so much time on trying to enforce your narrow world view on everyone else re: marriage and use double-speak to promote your bigotry as "for" something rather than being honest that you are against something is beyond me but it is transparent.

I wish you'd just keep your views private, your witnessing to yourself and your ideaologies to those that volunteer to adopt it.

But it does not appear to be part of your makeup to tolerate, to live alongside and to permit equality. Your world view prohibits that.

I ask again, did you choose your religion to suit your bigotry or does your bigotry come from needing to adhere to religious coda?

If the former, then the problem is you, if the latter then you are merely spineless and unable to challenge your own religion to become more civilised. The fact that religions are invariably reactionary and resistant to internal reform is why they are destined to whither and die on the vine.

BrianK 
Posted on 31-Jan-2013 12:47:27
#1926 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:

I care a lot about the UK's school children and their well being and I consider this literature part of an overtly perverted and liberal brain-washing agenda. This disgusting literature should have no place in 21st century UK primary schools. Redefining
You are clearly not operating from a point of love and acceptance of your fellow men.

Take time to actually read the New Testament and what your declared God did when he came to this planet. He didn't chastise gays or preach fear. He talked bout loving your fellow man (2nd commandment) and working towards your reward in heaven. He talked about not judging as that's God's role. Even Jesus said gays will get into heaven as well, as long as they have faith in God.

Someday I hope you can judge people by the content of their character and their contributions. That you put aside your bigotry and contempt.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 31-Jan-2013 14:13:12
#1927 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

Edit: Image removed (Bad host)

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 31-Jan-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 31-Jan-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Google Translate

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 31-Jan-2013 15:45:46
#1928 ]
Team Member

@BigD

Your hatred seems to run very deep. How sad that is.

Amiga 1200

Nimrod 
Posted on 31-Jan-2013 18:57:37
#1929 ]

@BigD

Quote:
I care a lot about the UK's school children and their well being
The implication being that only you care about children, and the only use that non christians have for children is cheap labour, or as sex toys. We are all fully aware of your "christian" viewpoint thatyou are the only ones capable of real emotions or being honest (even while lying through your teeth). I am however somewhat nervous of stating that I also care about the wellbeing of children because I know that you will twist it to claim that I am a paedophile, just as you implied that the only logical reason for your disapproval of my marriage was because it absolutely had to be illegal.
Quote:
This disgusting literature should have no place in 21st century UK primary schools.
So you do not want children learning to accept each other as they are, or learning tolerance, or learning that not everybody is a clone. Incidentally the book "And Tango makes three" is based on an actual event, so you also do not want children learning historical truth. Actually, considering the historical facts about your religion, I am not exactly surprised that you want to suppress the truth.
Quote:
Furthermore, a failure to use some if not all of these unsuitable books would no doubt lead to disciplinary procedures for the school staff that complain!
Just as there would be disciplinary action if a teacher did not teach other subjects correctly.
Quote:
If two individuals want to have a civil partnership then fine but don't try and redefine marriage and hence force decent people out of work
When will you accept that at no time have decent people been forced out of work as a result of this proposed legislation. Recently there have been cases of arrogant bullies not getting their own way and throwing their toys out of the pram when they got stopped.
Quote:
MPs have voted 86-31 in favour of a proposal to protect people’s beliefs about marriage
The law already protects religious sensitivities on this subject. It will be illegal for the Church of England and the Church in Wales to perform same gender marriages, and other religions will be permitted to make their own decision whether to perform these marriages or not. Only secular offices that are required by law to perform the registration of births marriages and deaths will be obligated to carry out secular same gender marriages. Of course it is the fact that other religions are permitted to make their own decisions rather than having to follow your unholy orders is the reason that you strenuously oppose this legislation.
Quote:
However, I see no reason public money should be spent on them.
If you want to discuss the spending of public money on a minority group, why don't we discuss the fact that 85 to 90% of the funding for CofE indoctrination schools comes from the state, The CofE receives huge tax subsidies on its property portfolio, and has a guaranteed block of votes in the upper chamber of parliament despite representing a dwindling minority section of the population of this country. And despite these facts you insist on portraying christians as the poor helpless victims.

T-J 
Posted on 31-Jan-2013 21:51:18
#1930 ]
Cult Member

@Clapper

Quote:
If two individuals want to have a civil partnership then fine but don't try and redefine marriage and hence force decent people out of work and pervert impressionable young minds with unsuitable books!

Nonsense.

If two people want to get married, then fine. That's a matter between them and any deity they choose to invoke to validate their existences.

Decent people won't be forced out of work by this. I admit, a handful of intolerant dinosaurs with antediluvian opinions about their right to dictate where when and how other peoples' genital organs are used might get retired a few years early.

But, their objections are subjective and have yet to explain any tangible way in which they are negatively affected by this change. Therefore, in the absence of tangible harm, and in the presence of tangible benefit, the government has rightly rejected the objections and pressed on.

Despite your tiny minority of 604,880 instances of Donald Duck from SW1 1AA signing your little petition, representative democracy progresses.

And as for 'pervert young minds', you have no idea what you're talking about. Nobody was ever 'turned gay' by being aware of same-sex relationships as a child. And I for one am strongly in favour of teaching children about same-sex relationships in schools. It goes a long way towards eliminating homophobic bullying in schools. It makes sure that we all understand each other and appreciate that the differences don't make us less human.

Something that, thankfully, marriage law will soon enough reflect.

BigD 
Posted on 31-Jan-2013 22:49:47
#1931 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
Incidentally the book "And Tango makes three" is based on an actual event, so you also do not want children learning historical truth. Actually, considering the historical facts about your religion, I am not exactly surprised that you want to suppress the truth.

I'm afraid the truth didn't fit in with the author's agenda. When a female penguin was introduced to the enclosure one of the male penguins soon paired up with her as per normal. The basis of the book was a temporary and artificial environment that was soon revealed as such when natural conditions were restored.

BigD 
Posted on 31-Jan-2013 22:57:52
#1932 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

I fail to see how you jump to accusations of hate. Nowhere have I expressed a fear or hate towards practising homosexuals. Elton and David are quite welcome to this literature if they want it in the privacy of their own home. However, it is not acceptable for public money to be be spent on promoting this liberal agenda nonsense and to force it on impressionable children. Keep marriage special and stop trying to warp the next generation with this perverse nonsense masquerading as harmless children stories.

BigD 
Posted on 31-Jan-2013 23:03:58
#1933 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
Despite your tiny minority of 604,880 instances of Donald Duck from SW1 1AA signing your little petition, representative democracy progresses.

Point out where your 'Donald Duck' or 'Mickey Mouse' at SW1 1AA is on the following website and we'll take you seriously. If not your accusation is worthless.

C4M Signatures now totalling over 632,000!

Quote:
It makes sure that we all understand each other and appreciate that the differences don't make us less human. Something that, thankfully, marriage law will soon enough reflect.

Don't count your chickens, the battle is only just beginning and liberal arrogance alone is not going to win you this debate or the allegiance of our MPs.

AndyC 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 0:05:37
#1934 ]

@BigD

Please, for the love of Christ, stop using the term "Practising Homosexuals".

Even taking into account all the other nonsense that you keep spouting, that is by far the most irritating.

Can we at the very least refer to them as "Expert Homosexuals", as I suspect they don't need much practice...

AndyC

BrianK 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 2:15:10
#1935 ]
Elite Member

@AndyC

Quote:

Please, for the love of Christ, stop using the term "Practising Homosexuals".

Somehow BigD thinks that if someone who is attracted to their own sex doesn't act on it they aren't gay. Complete failure of an idea. If you're gay and don't act on it you're simply lacking a relationship.

Unfortunately BigD doesn't believe gays need equal treatment and refuses to call their coupling a marriage. Though thankfully bigoted dinosaurs are soon to be extinct.

Nimrod 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 13:48:08
#1936 ]

@BigD

Quote:
However, it is not acceptable for public money to be be spent on promoting this liberal agenda nonsense and to force it on impressionable children.

Just as it is totally unacceptable that many more millions of pounds per year are given to the CofE in order that it can indoctrinate children with perverse nonsense, pushing them into an unnatural and hateful mindset that blinds them to the harm that they are doing to those around them.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 15:19:28
#1937 ]
Team Member

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@fairlanefastback

Quote:

I fail to see how you jump to accusations of hate. Nowhere have I expressed a fear or hate towards practising homosexuals. Elton and David are quite welcome to this literature if they want it in the privacy of their own home. However, it is not acceptable for public money to be be spent on promoting this liberal agenda nonsense and to force it on impressionable children. Keep marriage special and stop trying to warp the next generation with this perverse nonsense masquerading as harmless children stories.

You actively wish to impose your religious definition outside of your religion. That is oppression. You actively seek to deny equal rights to all people. You are no different than someone who supported slavery or supported denying women equal rights. You even just said gay people are perverse. The good thing is in the long run your side loses. You may not live to see it but the best you can do is slightly slow it down.

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 15:28:48
#1938 ]
Team Member

@BrianK

Quote:
Though thankfully bigoted dinosaurs are soon to be extinct.

Amen to that!

Amiga 1200

Nimrod 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 18:31:48
#1939 ]

@BigD

Quote:
Quote:
Incidentally the book "And Tango makes three" is based on an actual event, so you also do not want children learning historical truth. Actually, considering the historical facts about your religion, I am not exactly surprised that you want to suppress the truth.

I'm afraid the truth didn't fit in with the author's agenda. When a female penguin was introduced to the enclosure one of the male penguins soon paired up with her as per normal. The basis of the book was a temporary and artificial environment that was soon revealed as such when natural conditions were restored.
I think that you will find that these animals are nor living in the artificial environment of a zoo, and incidentally, these penguins stayed faithful to their chosen partners.

Quote:
Point out where your 'Donald Duck' or 'Mickey Mouse' at SW1 1AA is on the following website and we'll take you seriously. If not your accusation is worthless.
Hello! is there any body there? I posted information to two fake entries that BrianK made on your petty shun. can you remember Mr Wasdghes from Cardiff, or perhaps the vote from Buckingham Place, SW1A 1AA,. The simple fact is that your petty shun deliberately fails to check so that numbers can be padded, giving the impression that a stroppy handful of bully boys form a majority.

Nimrod 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 19:01:48
#1940 ]

@BigD

You have frequently complained that teachers could face disciplinary action if they refuse toi follow the "gay agenda."
Quote:
Furthermore, a failure to use some if not all of these unsuitable books would no doubt lead to disciplinary procedures for the school staff that complain!

You are actually presenting a mirror image of the true facts as they stand. Faith schools in this country are trying to claim immunity from prosecution for breaches of anti discrimination laws. Once again there is the hypocrisy of claiming to be a victim while actively victimising others. EVIDENCE

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle