Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
16 crawler(s) on-line.
 86 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  18 mins ago
 Rob:  51 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 Beamish2040:  1 hr 50 mins ago
 g01df1sh:  2 hrs 55 mins ago
 A1200:  4 hrs 20 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 21 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  4 hrs 24 mins ago
 Karlos:  4 hrs 25 mins ago
 kolla:  4 hrs 37 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisH 
Re: Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 14:26:52
#81 ]
Elite Member

@Cool_amigaN
I will briefly allow you completely change the topic, to defend myself against your accusation, but I shall not get into a long argument on the subject (it would be way off-topic & in any case I'd find it rather boring).

Quote:
At least I am not the one who became moderator of the website that he was using the forums to divert users on another one.

EDIT: In most cases I was replying to someone who was considering quitting the entire Amiga scene, simply because they hated their "Amiga community" experiences on AW.net. Telling them to switch to a different web site, instead of quitting the whole Amiga scene, seems a not unreasonable thing to do.

I still stand by my advice (and repeated it v.recently in another thread), that users who are deeply unhappy with one particular Amiga forum (e.g. AW.net in the case of those I was replying to at the time) should quite simply *stop visiting* that forum, and instead experiment with other Amiga forums which they may prefer.

You canNOT expect that a forum will radically change just because you moan about it. The best you can do is (1) express your unhappiness, and (2) if nothing happens within a reasonable time frame (say a few months), then vote with your feet. Whether you visit or do not visit a forum is the ONLY real power you have to indicate whether you are happy with that forum or not. If enough people feel & do the same, then either that web site dies, or it makes some changes. And as a bonus you don't keep subjecting yourself to pain by visiting said forum!

e.g. I dislike the moo, so I do not visit it. Very simple. (Rather than getting deeply upset at how low the "Amiga community" has sunk.)

Last edited by ChrisH on 03-Jun-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 03-Jun-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
fryguy 
Re: Rigo's comment (from 'Amigaos4 developer interview with Computerworld' subject)'
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 16:28:30
#82 ]
Cult Member

This drama is very amusing but what happened to Helgis? Did he ever buy a Sam or AmigaOne X1000?

Hondo 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 17:32:06
#83 ]

why hasn't this thread been locked already?

gerograph 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 19:24:19
#84 ]
Cult Member

Quote:
why hasn't this thread been locked already?

Because question is not answered / comment from Rigo was not really discussed. So, back on topic: What happend to Rigo? What's the story, does anyone know ?

www.geomarketing-consultant.de

Trixie 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 20:29:50
#85 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@gerograph

Quote:
What happend to Rigo? What's the story, does anyone know?

What if he just had a bad day, and our speculations have just got a bit too far?

AmigaOne X5000/020 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition

Kicko 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 20:36:57
#86 ]
Elite Member

@Trixie

I can be like that having a bad day. So sure +1

Rudei 
Posted on 3-Jun-2012 20:44:26
#87 ]
Elite Member

@stevieu

Echo that. Rigo is a top, straight talking bloke.

Regards,
Rude!

Cool_amigaN 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 1:23:47
#88 ]

@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@Cool_amigaN
I will briefly allow you completely change the topic, to defend myself against your accusation, but I shall not get into a long argument on the subject (it would be way off-topic & in any case I'd find it rather boring).

Unless you are delusional enough, the one who derailed the thread was you, by this comment:

Quote:

However, as the moo seems to mainly attract people with a real hatred of anything Amiga (of one or all flavours), it does say something about people who admit to reading it *silly sad emoticon added*

The above comment was headed explicitly towards me (since it has my nick @list, plus it quotes only me) and I consider it a strike far below the belt, accusing me of general Amiga hatred.

I am not even gonna start stating about the glorified admire moo gains even from specific AW moderators as the last resort of uncensored posting.

I am also passing by the moronic accusations that a user can't distinguish an edited screenshot from a valid one (like the one that sufficed as Rigo's valid post from a moo thread), because I don't want to put you in a uncomfortable position..

But I just can't pass by the bellow comment:
Quote:

[...] till stand by my advice (and repeated it v.recently in another thread), that users who are deeply unhappy with one particular Amiga forum (e.g. AW.net in the case of those I was replying to at the time) should quite simply *stop visiting* that forum, and instead experiment with other Amiga forums which they may prefer.

Please be advised that I was in position to have access to an internal pm, sent from a highly classified member of *that* board, to a (regular) member (that it happens to be also registered on *this* board and can jump in this thread as well). Poster created a thread regarding a walkthrough of the Moana project, which was instantly deleted, followed by a bunch of legal threats and a zealots' praise to a specific company.. Unfortunately, the fact that you kept diverting users on a nazi censorshiped forum, speak volumes about yourself.

m0lebrain 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 5:23:20
#89 ]

Onnn the wings of lovee.... sorry, I sing when I think the time calls for it.

This whole thread is just silly. We are not fighting wars here...come on, it is just a computer.

Troels 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 8:57:37
#90 ]
Elite Member

@Kicko
Having a bad day I could be far worse

People really should stop the speculations, if Rigo really wanted people to know he's free to speakup.

KimmoK 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 9:01:55
#91 ]
Elite Member

"As it is they borrow money under false pretenses, with absolutely no intention of paying it back."

Any more details on that yet?

Who borrowed money?
Why?

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

Frags 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 10:08:57
#92 ]
Cult Member

@KimmoK
I think it`s clear now that we`re not going to find out as this thread degenerated into the usual crap a couple of pages ago.

- insert profound text here -

Mikey_C 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 10:36:07
#93 ]
Elite Member

@Frags

Bah! even the popcorn isn't helping, this thread has gotten soooo boring!

OlafS25 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 10:42:20
#94 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey

You can throw in some phrases for motivation like "only XYZ is true Amiga-successor" or similar that always works

KimmoK 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 10:54:01
#95 ]
Elite Member

Good to know I can ignore this thread. Thanks.

(+ I'm 97% sure the answer is not interesting anyway. regards: yet another user worth burning?)

Last edited by KimmoK on 04-Jun-2012 at 11:18 AM.

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

TiredofLife 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 11:01:22
#96 ]

@Mikey_C

Have you tried butterkist toffee popcorn?

PhantomInterrogative 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 13:19:05
#97 ]
Cult Member

@Kicko & Mikey C

I had fresh ground buckwheat pancakes this morning with maple syrup. I followed that up with this thread. I am quite sure popcorn would not help. Perhaps badly written poetry might help.

As has been said,
throughout the thread,
we are just speculating
'bout what's in Rigo's head.

Until Rigo speaks,
we'll just look like geeks,
arguing over and over
what motivated Rigo's freaks.

OlafS25 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 13:37:26
#98 ]
Elite Member

@PhantomInterrogative

nice

What is the name of the poem?

PhantomInterrogative 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 14:58:04
#99 ]
Cult Member

@OlafS25

The title to my limerick is...

A) Rigo-mortis (not an attack on Rigo, but a description of the current state of the thread)
B) Rigo-toni (We've done pancakes and popcorn. Why not pasta?)
C) What a Revoltin' Dev-elopment
or
D) Simon Says

OlafS25 
Posted on 4-Jun-2012 14:59:07
#100 ]
Elite Member

@PhantomInterrogative

I vote for B)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle