Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
25 crawler(s) on-line.
 83 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

nikosidis

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 nikosidis:  3 mins ago
 matthey:  10 mins ago
 danwood:  11 mins ago
 pixie:  20 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  21 mins ago
 Lou:  22 mins ago
 OneOfNine:  23 mins ago
 zipper:  56 mins ago
 amigakit:  59 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 30 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Website feedback and suggestions
      /  Blacklisted IP?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
NutsAboutAmiga 
Re: Blacklisted IP?
Posted on 30-Jun-2014 20:59:08
#21 ]
Elite Member

@danwood

"More information about this error may be available in the server error log. "

is the same line that Apache web server writes, when there is a error.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 30-Jun-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
CritAnime 
Posted on 2-Jul-2014 1:14:14
#22 ]
Cult Member

Any news on when this will be sorted? Can't log in now from work computer or my mobile phone without it spitting this error at me.

Admin at Commodore Gaming Wiki

DWolfman 
Posted on 2-Jul-2014 13:25:43
#23 ]

Well, now it's also happening when I have to log in, not just when trying to post in a thread.

This is getting REALLY annoying, as I have to refresh the page anywhere from 5 to 15 times (it seems) to get it to work.

tomazkid 
Posted on 2-Jul-2014 15:41:35
#24 ]
Team Member

@All

We are using spamhaus.
So check if you are on their list, and get the reason:
http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/

CritAnime 
Posted on 2-Jul-2014 17:19:15
#25 ]
Cult Member

@tomazkid

Fantastic. Just tried removing my mobile phones IP from the list and it said failed giving the reason "IP removal not allowed". All because I use Gmail for my home mail needs.

So because my IP falls within a range that is used by a spam email bot I can't post from it. Even though my IP will probably be far removed from the spam bots.

Wonder how long it will take for my home IP to get block preventing me from accessing the site.

olegil 
Posted on 2-Jul-2014 20:11:42
#26 ]
Elite Member

@CritAnime

Your ISP has to request the delisting.

It would seem to me that using a service provider that doesn't take SPAM seriously, therefore getting all their clients shut out of online services would be a tad silly, so I would look into changing ISP ASAP.

And if you're in a contract period, even better. Threaten to sue if they don't provide the service you're paying for. Just point the ISPs end-user support department in the direction of Spamhaus and tell them they had better get their shit together or you're terminating the contract.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

amigang 
Posted on 2-Jul-2014 20:34:41
#27 ]
Elite Member

I've had this problem on my phone too, and I'm sure for the brief bit of times it did happen from my home ip. I'm sure my internet provider thinks I'm obsessed with Spanish Girlfriends

CritAnime 
Posted on 2-Jul-2014 22:32:57
#28 ]
Cult Member

@olegil

Fantastic. Well I am with EE UK so fat chance of that happening. Same for work. So I am screwed. And if my home ISP foes the same I, again, won't have much luck with it for a single site.

It is only this site I am struggling with.

broadblues 
Posted on 3-Jul-2014 2:09:57
#29 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@olegil

Quote:

Your ISP has to request the delisting.

It would seem to me that using a service provider that doesn't take SPAM seriously, therefore getting all their clients shut out of online services would be a tad silly, so I would look into changing ISP ASAP.

And if you're in a contract period, even better. Threaten to sue if they don't provide the service you're paying for. Just point the ISPs end-user support department in the direction of Spamhaus and tell them they had better get their shit together or you're terminating the contract.

But this anti spam philospohy is so flawed as the spam source is a likely a bot on a infected nachine the user / cutomer doesn't even know is infected. Nothing th ISP can do without restricting all access to smtp, so it starts to make me think, without wanting to sound too conspiracy nut like, that anti spam is being used as a trojan horse to deprive people of free access to cominications on the net.

Respectable top level large ISP / cominicatons companies like EE getting blacklisted by the likes of spamhaus spamcop et al is ridiculous. Persucuting the inocent in the hope of catching the occasional guilty one is the opposite of justice.

itix 
Posted on 3-Jul-2014 7:00:02
#30 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

When I was having problems with IP address banning I was using free WiFi at hotel.

DWolfman 
Posted on 3-Jul-2014 11:22:53
#31 ]

@tomazkid

Quote:

tomazkid wrote:
@All

We are using spamhaus.
So check if you are on their list, and get the reason:
http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/

Well, that does no good for me. Like I said, I have no idea what IP addresses are involved, since there is no feedback in the error to tell me.

And since it works if we retry enough times, it must mean that not all the IPs here at my work are listed in there.

I can also tell you that there would be no way I would ever convince the IT department here to do something about it, so I personally think there needs to be a better solution for filtering than using an EMAIL blocklist for an online forum.

danwood 
Posted on 3-Jul-2014 11:51:01
#32 ]

@CritAnime

Quote:
Fantastic. Well I am with EE UK so fat chance of that happening. Same for work. So I am screwed. And if my home ISP foes the same I, again, won't have much luck with it for a single site.

Same, we're with Virgin at work so not much chance of that, or convincing our IT department. This is the only site I have problems with too, and just a recent thing (last 2 weeks or so)

(copy's and pastes ready to submit this message 5 times before it works)

tomazkid 
Posted on 3-Jul-2014 13:15:51
#33 ]
Team Member

@DWolfman

Looked at your ip shown used for forum post.
(Replaced your ip, with xx.xx....)

Says this:
IP Address xx.xx.xx.xx is listed in the CBL. It appears to be infected with a spam sending trojan, proxy or some other form of botnet.

It was last detected at 2014-06-30 01:00 GMT (+/- 30 minutes), approximately 3 days, 11 hours, 29 minutes ago.

This IP is infected (or NATting for a computer that is infected) with the Conficker botnet.

More information about Conficker can be obtained from Wikipedia

DWolfman 
Posted on 4-Jul-2014 10:29:19
#34 ]

@tomazkid

OK, so lost what I had ready to post because of this stupid blacklisting setup and hitting the wrong keys when I was trying to paste it back in here...

Trying again...

So my company is international with 30000 people worldwide. Due to the IT setup for failover and redundancy, that IP address could have been connected through by any one of those 30000 people's computers. By now that computer has already been identified as infected and cleaned, so that is a non-issue now. And I'm sure the company won't be bothered to try and get the IP off of that list unless our emails get blocked by it somewhere, not a website that only one employee accesses.

At this point it still doesn't help the situation because there is no feedback on what IP was detected. And I'm still wondering why an email spam blacklist is being used for an online forum? Seems like a strange way to do this. Plus all it seems to do so far that I can see is pi** off legitimate users.

Robert 
Posted on 4-Jul-2014 14:24:45
#35 ]
Cult Member

@DWolfman

Same thing from my work.

Sometimes works, sometimes blacklisted.

Last edited by Robert on 04-Jul-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Abel Soul - Check out our tunes on Spotify

OlafS25 
Posted on 4-Jul-2014 14:39:07
#36 ]
Elite Member

@Robert

Most people are connecting with big providers and you always get a new IP. How on earth they can identify a certain computer? Or are they blocking all customers of the provider? If yes it not seems logical to me. If I call my provider f.e. and say one site is blocking me and they have to do something about it otherwise I will change provider they will start laughing at me...

tomazkid 
Posted on 4-Jul-2014 14:44:37
#37 ]
Team Member

@DWolfman

Quote:
At this point it still doesn't help the situation because there is no feedback on what IP was detected.

Sent it via PM to you.
That you can bring to your IT people.

DWolfman 
Posted on 4-Jul-2014 15:49:50
#38 ]

@tomazkid

So, like I said, this still doesn't help. I can turn in a ticket (I'm on the helpdesk for the company), but it's useless. It will get closed with no action since it's not work related.

Is there really nothing else that can be done here? If you notice, I'm not the only one in the thread with this situation.

GRR!!!!! This is freaking ridiculous! Over 9 tries to post this so far! (I quit counting)

CritAnime 
Posted on 4-Jul-2014 18:13:06
#39 ]
Cult Member

@DWolfman

It is a ridiculous situation. Work won't do anything because it is not work related. My mobile provider won't do anything because it is a singular site that I am having issues with.

And it's not like it's blocking a single IP. It will be blocking a range of IP's. So even if my cell IP cycles there is every chance I will get one that falls back within that IP range.

Daedalus 
Posted on 4-Jul-2014 21:59:16
#40 ]

@CritAnime

Yep, I can't imagine too many ISPs would have much interest in trying to solve issues like a single site for a single user. I know my job and my mobile provider don't care. Perhaps you might have some luck using a proxy or something, but I suspect services like that are already blacklisted.

I wonder what sort of spam protection other Amiga sites use...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle