Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 110 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  7 mins ago
 VooDoo:  18 mins ago
 pixie:  27 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  37 mins ago
 Karlos:  47 mins ago
 densho:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 17 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 Matt3k:  3 hrs 33 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  New OS4 and MOS Game: VoxelNoid.
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Phantom 
Re: New OS4 and MOS Game: VoxelNoid.
Posted on 20-Jan-2015 23:23:34
#21 ]
Elite Member

@Daytona675x

I have bought Ace of Hearts (both download and CD-ROM edition), which I like very much. Actually, yes, your games are very slick and nice presented, even the CD-ROM is pure professional stuff (like MACE for example by AmiBoing).

I would like to get updates on my e-mail about new versions of your games, even for the free ones, is that possible? I got e-mails about Ace of Hearts because I bought it, but with Voxel Noid, how someone knows if there is an update version and how to check which version is installed?

Profile     Report this post  
Daytona675x 
Posted on 21-Jan-2015 7:46:08
#22 ]

@lionstorm
Quote:
in the mean time I tested the new version and the graphical glitch is gone so thank you

De nada :)

@Phantom
Our latest (VoxelBird / VoxelNoid) and upcoming games all have an auto-update feature (at least if you installed the currently freely available download versions, early versions did not have it).
If your Amiga is connected to the web you should automatically receive updates for those games.
The readme contains a short summary of what changed and what's your current version.

Actually we added that auto-update-feature to get rid of e-mail updates (we found those to be annoying). Of course there are two problems:
1. if your Amiga is not connected to the web you won't get it and not even be notified.
2. it doesn't work if you have an old version installed without such an updater mechanism (AoH, early VoxelBird).

Right now you can "solve" both issues for the free games by simply visiting our homepage and downloading the latest versions (VoxelNoid from yesterday is not up yet I suppose but should be by tomorrow). That will also get you versions with auto-update-feature.

The remaining problem is AceOfHearts since it's not freely available, therefore no simple download.
We can solve issue (2) by providing an explicit updater-download that checks your installation and only updates if the game looks like the correct purchased version.

But (1) remains unsolved. Only way here is indeed: e-mail updates. I suppose there's no way around that. I'll tell H2o, our gfx- and homepage-team-member. Maybe some kind of newsletter would be a good idea too.

Last edited by Daytona675x on 21-Jan-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Phantom 
Posted on 21-Jan-2015 10:58:01
#23 ]
Elite Member

@Daytona675x

Speaking of the devil, just launched VoxelNoid and I got a requester about a newer version, which was handled and installed automatically and successfully to the newest version (v8). Worked perfect, thanks.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle