Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
5 crawler(s) on-line.
 164 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Matt3k

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Matt3k:  34 secs ago
 DiscreetFX:  50 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 amigasociety:  1 hr 49 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 35 mins ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs 52 mins ago
 Rob:  3 hrs 16 mins ago
 number6:  4 hrs 21 mins ago
 Karlos:  4 hrs 57 mins ago
 kolla:  5 hrs 26 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Amiga 30th anniversary celebration at the Computer History Museum July 25th and 26th update
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
robo-ant 
Re: Amiga 30th anniversary celebration at the Computer History Museum July 25th and 26th update
Posted on 14-Apr-2015 14:41:42
#21 ]

I just realized that this Kickstarter campaign ends exactly 28 years since I first held my Kickstart disk of my A1000. I went computer shopping on April 17 but I didn't have enough funds with me so left a partial payment, and came back on April 18 to pay the rest and bring my baby home. April 18 was also a Saturday that year.

Pledge made. I'm not likely to be able to make it to the event, but you never know...

Profile     Report this post  
Raffaele 
Re: Amiga 30th anniversary celebration at the Computer History Museum July 25th and 26th update
Posted on 14-Apr-2015 16:59:27
#22 ]

@robo-ant

And thanks to you, now it remains only 1740 bucks for hit the goal.

RobertB 
Posted on 16-Apr-2015 5:14:14
#23 ]

71 hours to go and the Kickstarter is now up to $19,000 (95%) of the $20,000 needed!

Tekmage has posted a new update at

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/890300835/amiga-30th-anniversary-in-california/posts/1199000

So close!
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
July 18-19 Commodore Vegas Expo v11 -
http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex

Raffaele 
Posted on 16-Apr-2015 11:05:25
#24 ]

@RobertB

I just called Jeri Ellsworth yesterday on Twitter, but I can't say if someone else (Bill Borsari) had invited her previously.

Also, it will be sure very kind if someone could call and invite musician Susumu Hirasawa, and musician Todd Rundgren!

Anybody knows how to contact Jim Sachs? I tried to found mail address but none found.

Should check if he is still involved in Serene 3D Aquarium enterprise that seems to me not updated since a year or two.

Also i tried to contact Eric Schwartz to ask him if he is preparing some stunning new animations for celebrate Amiga 30th.

I found an old mail and sent him a letter but I dunno if he still checks from time to time that old mail-address.

Last edited by Raffaele on 16-Apr-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 16-Apr-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 16-Apr-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Turrican3 
Posted on 16-Apr-2015 11:28:47
#25 ]

I'm willing to help making this happen, but unfortunately I can't attend the show.
So... what kind of media coverage can we expect? Photos are a given I think, but would it be possibile to give supporters some (small) videos/interviews as well?

I'm confident incentives like that would definitely help reaching the goal!

EDIT I've just noticed a similar question/suggestion was made on the Kickstarter comments page a couple of days ago, but no answer has been given yet. :-\

Last edited by Turrican3 on 16-Apr-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Last edited by Turrican3 on 16-Apr-2015 at 11:31 AM.

Raffaele 
Posted on 16-Apr-2015 11:46:55
#26 ]

@Turrican3

In the age of compact videocameras and wi-fi connected smartphones it will be not difficult to realize varios videos and streaming them on internet.

Rob 
Posted on 16-Apr-2015 12:06:59
#27 ]
Elite Member

@Turrican3

RobertB tends to make videos at all the shows he attends.

Turrican3 
Posted on 16-Apr-2015 12:32:33
#28 ]

@Raffaele
@Rob

Yeah I totally expect/understand that... but I was actually looking for something like an "official" commitment of the event committee.
The cost would be surely negligible (of course we're not talking about a professionally edited video material) and somehow it would allow distant fans to feel like being there.

(by the way, I hope this doesn't sound harsh or rude - I apologize in advance for that)

Raffaele 
Posted on 16-Apr-2015 12:41:10
#29 ]

@Turrican3

Sure! You are absolutely right!

There were lots of professionals who used Amiga in the past. We could ask to someone to create an official video.

Or perhaps there is the maker of "VIva Amiga" the movie.We can ask him if he wants to attend the show and making something very professional and that could be labeled as "official"...

Last edited by Raffaele on 16-Apr-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 16-Apr-2015 at 12:41 PM.

broadblues 
Posted on 16-Apr-2015 13:46:33
#30 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Turrican3

Quote:

Yeah I totally expect/understand that... but I was actually looking for something like an "official" commitment of the event committee.
The cost would be surely negligible (of course we're not talking about a professionally edited video material) and somehow it would allow distant fans to feel like being there.

Isn't that covered by the stretch goals, one of which is video streaming?

Turrican3 
Posted on 16-Apr-2015 14:23:29
#31 ]

@broadblues
Hmm more or less, but it seems unlikely (to say the least) they're going to reach 35k. :-\

And besides that, my request was somewhat more down-to-earth: think about a "best of the show" if you want, with a couple of interviews of the Amiga VIPs and an overview of the location... seems doable to me.

Live streaming on the other hand, as the stretch amount suggests, seems like a far more expensive option (and I can understand how they would need a lot more money for that)

Last edited by Turrican3 on 16-Apr-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Last edited by Turrican3 on 16-Apr-2015 at 02:23 PM.

klx300r 
Posted on 16-Apr-2015 15:36:18
#32 ]
Elite Member

looking good down the stretch!

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

tekmage 
Posted on 16-Apr-2015 19:39:33
#33 ]

@Turrican3

We just hit our funding target. Once the kickstarter ends we'll assess where we are and what services we can bring. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Bill "tekmage" Borsari

Last edited by tekmage on 16-Apr-2015 at 11:28 PM.

Rob 
Posted on 16-Apr-2015 21:26:25
#34 ]
Elite Member

@tekmage

Quote:
We just hit our funding target. Once the kickstarter ends we'll asses where we are and what services we can bring. Stay tuned!

Great news but I do feel concern for the sanity of a certain Floridan, I fear he won't take this news particularly well.

amigadave 
Posted on 17-Apr-2015 0:41:10
#35 ]

@Raffaele

Quote:

Raffaele wrote:
@RobertB

I just called Jeri Ellsworth yesterday on Twitter, but I can't say if someone else (Bill Borsari) had invited her previously.

Also, it will be sure very kind if someone could call and invite musician Susumu Hirasawa, and musician Todd Rundgren!

Anybody knows how to contact Jim Sachs? I tried to found mail address but none found.

Should check if he is still involved in Serene 3D Aquarium enterprise that seems to me not updated since a year or two.

Also i tried to contact Eric Schwartz to ask him if he is preparing some stunning new animations for celebrate Amiga 30th.

I found an old mail and sent him a letter but I dunno if he still checks from time to time that old mail-address.

I visited Jim Sachs at the house he is building for himself in Oregon recently and confirmed that he will be coming to the 30th Anniversary banquet event. I wish someone could get Tim Jennison of NewTek to attend the show. Would love to hear some stories about the early days at NewTek and Toaster development.

DiscreetFX 
Posted on 17-Apr-2015 1:43:34
#36 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

I can tell Tim about it.

RobertB 
Posted on 17-Apr-2015 3:08:39
#37 ]

Rob wrote:
Quote:
RobertB tends to make videos at all the shows he attends.

You know my thoughts...

FCUG celebrating 33 years,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
July 18-19 Commodore Vegas Expo v11 -
http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex

Last edited by RobertB on 17-Apr-2015 at 03:09 AM.

Turrican3 
Posted on 17-Apr-2015 11:39:40
#38 ]

@tekmage
I've just backed the project.
(my pledge has been given under the username Gamers4um)

I would *really* have liked the tshirt but shipping to Italy was/is quite expensive (not completely unexpected, considering it was coming from the USA... but still a lot of money for me considering the euro/USD current exchange rate) so I decided - regrettably - to opt for the minimum pledge.

tekmage 
Posted on 18-Apr-2015 0:13:35
#39 ]

@Turrican3

Thank you! We'll put your pledge to good use to give the Amiga the birthday it deserves!

Cheers,
Bill

Raffaele 
Posted on 18-Apr-2015 1:13:16
#40 ]

@Turrican3

Oh well... There is another simple solution.

If there had made a certain consistent amount of requests by people asking for the shirts, then the guys in California could had made only "one" delivery for all of them, and sent the item to a single Amiga trusted address in Italy.
That Amiga club or Amiga firm or even single person trusted Amigan then had had delivered any single t-shirts to the pledgers by mailing directly Italy to Italy.

Last edited by Raffaele on 18-Apr-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle