Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 103 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 A1200:  23 mins ago
 klx300r:  40 mins ago
 matthey:  58 mins ago
 dreamlandfantasy:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 13 mins ago
 kinchan:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 Beamish2040:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 Seiya:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 MagicSN:  1 hr 43 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  Jpeg.datatype and Jpeg.library for Altivec anyone??
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Futaura 
Re: Jpeg.datatype and Jpeg.library for Altivec anyone??
Posted on 15-May-2015 21:59:10
#41 ]

@broadblues

Quote:
The saving is quite nice now that OS4 has support for it in that MultiView now saves image in the same type you loaded them as.

That would be a bad idea for JPEG files though, obviously, as the saved image will not be the same as the original due to the lossy compression. Anyway, why would you want to save an image from MultiView, that you just opened, in the same file format? MultiView is the classic case where I've always found it useful that it saves any image as a ILBM - it would be nicer if you could choose the save format admittedly.

Quote:
Hmmm, does that require any develper intervention or is it transparent?

If I create an object with basename 'jpeg' and save with the RAW method wil it automagicallcy use the os datatype?

Yes. I was quite surprised this worked today, but it is due to the way DTA_BaseName works and the fact that the class name for WarpJPEG is not "jpeg". However, if you simply open a JPEG image and try to save from that exact same DT object (as MultiView does), this will be of class "WarpJPEG", so will result in picture.datatype saving it as an ILBM.

Profile     Report this post  
broadblues 
Re: Jpeg.datatype and Jpeg.library for Altivec anyone??
Posted on 15-May-2015 22:27:22
#42 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Futaura

Quote:

That would be a bad idea for JPEG files though, obviously, as the saved image will not be the same as the original due to the lossy compression. Anyway, why would you want to save an image from MultiView, that you just opened, in the same file format?

Well I'm assuming that you'd save it somewhere else, but yes you are right this is lossy for jpeg and striaght copy is better.

Quote:

MultiView is the classic case where I've always found it useful that it saves any image as a ILBM - it would be nicer if you could choose the save format admittedly.

It would indeed.

Quote:

Yes. I was quite surprised this worked today, but it is due to the way DTA_BaseName works and the fact that the class name for WarpJPEG is not "jpeg". However, if you simply open a JPEG image and try to save from that exact same DT object (as MultiView does), this will be of class "WarpJPEG", so will result in picture.datatype saving it as an ILBM.

I just confirmed that, with your evalulation version on the SAM, which is cool. A registration coming your way in the not too distant future I think....

Profile     Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle