Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 108 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Hypex

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  49 secs ago
 DiscreetFX:  6 mins ago
 Maijestro:  16 mins ago
 pavlor:  23 mins ago
 wakido:  35 mins ago
 Rob:  58 mins ago
 kriz:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 amig_os:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 12 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  IN or OUT EU
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
wolfe 
Re: IN or OUT EU
Posted on 1-Jul-2016 17:55:43
#281 ]

@iggy
iggy:
Quote:

Lack of jobs? Perhaps lack of quality jobs, but the job market is in better shape than when Bush left office.

Thats the main stream media talking and they can't be trusted. And what happened to all the money Obama supposedly spent to fix the economy? You do realize that in his first year and a half he outspent every President before him?

Quote:

If the people in California can't find employment, maybe they should follow the advice of the Republican saint Ronald Reagan and become entrepreneurs.
Oh yeah, even with really low prime lending rates the banks ask for untenably high rates of return and turn down most that would like to pursue this route.

The current administration is doing its best to crush entrepreneurs and small business. We need to "need" the government more so we will accept a nanny state or slavery, which ever happens first!

Quote:

How do you think these fantasies Trump is spouting will be realized?
The man has no understanding of economics.

I don't think you get as rich as Trump without having a grasp of economics . . .

Quote:

Back to aliens, you got the funds for 20 to 40 million plane tickets for the people who YOU think are taking jobs away from Americans (but they ARE working, which is obviously more than the unemployed you've mentioned are)?

Why fly them home? Hell NO! Take them to their embassy's here in the US and let their countries pay for the return of their people!

Use the Constitution to make them want to go home (there I got to bringing up a taboo subject "The Constitution") The Constitution states that our rights are for our citizens and our guests. Someone who is here illegally isn't a guest, more like a stow-a-way. Not covered by our rights means military tribunal for trial.

On a lighter note! Obama wanted to force a stop to the deportation of illegals currently in custody for deportation and have them released ( I guess so they could vote in the upcoming election) . . . But, the Supreme court has already informed the President that he does not have that power!

Quote:

Oh and how WOULD Donald get Mexico to pay for that wall?
Which, if it was built, would not prevent people from using boats to get here (after all, Mexico has coastline on both the Atlantic and the Pacific).

Again use the "The Constitution" to deal with the illegal situation. Espionage, terrorism, invasion etc . . . Military tribunal is guilty until proven innocent basically. If you can put them physically in front of the judges they are toast. They will want to leave . . .

I have nothing against immigrants, but I want them to come here legally. I don't beleive in open borders that allow those who would kill us to just walk in and do it, even though that is what the present administration wants by all appearances and Hillary too!

You cannot go by the main stream media's information. They said Trump had a rally that grossed 13k people, but every person was counted electrically and there were 3x that many people in attendance. Oops, must have been a typo on their part right? Trump is being down-played to help Killary and in the hopes that Trump voters will stay home this election! Good luck with that, this election is about taking back our country as much as anything else . . .

Those who are pro Killery should really investigate her carefully . . .

P.S. The only way Hillary could win is if they rigged the voting machines . . . Is that possible? How many actually believe Obama with his ratings won the last election?
Also the main stream media's lack of coverage for the voting machine irregularities during the last election!

Profile     Report this post  
QuikSanz 
Posted on 1-Jul-2016 18:02:27
#282 ]

@pavlor,

I'm not quite that cynical. I don't want us to even go there but these people are industrious, if the government was not so corrupt they could go places. I work with Hispanics and found them to be hard workers and many are very smart. The goal is not beyond them. I was adopted into a Hispanic/Caucasian household and grew up that way even though I'm Irish, English and German in that order.

QuikSanz 
Posted on 1-Jul-2016 18:09:01
#283 ]

@wolfe,

Now your talking my language!

Kronos 
Posted on 1-Jul-2016 18:37:31
#284 ]
Elite Member

@wolfe

Wow, hook and sinker !!

QuikSanz 
Posted on 1-Jul-2016 18:41:36
#285 ]

@Kronos,

Hook line and sinker? You stick to your career politicians and see what they do! Useless bunch that should all be thrown out!

Kronos 
Posted on 1-Jul-2016 18:49:32
#286 ]
Elite Member

@QuikSanz

Compared to 2nd grade reality-TV star born with a silver spoon and a long history of criminal bancruptsies ?

Yeah, for sure......

QuikSanz 
Posted on 1-Jul-2016 19:10:23
#287 ]

@Kronos,

Even professional investment houses have a loser once and a while. Entrepreneurs often do!

Now lets compare this to the Clinton Crime Family Fund. Hmm, makes $250Mil for speeches to banks, China and takes many millions of dollars from Mid eastern countries that throw gays of rooftops and stone woman to death.

Last edited by QuikSanz on 01-Jul-2016 at 09:00 PM.

pavlor 
Posted on 1-Jul-2016 20:26:10
#288 ]
Elite Member

@QuikSanz

Glad I don´t have to cast vote in your elections.

However, Mr. Trump looks really weird from european perspective...

Quote:

Thanks.

Last edited by pavlor on 01-Jul-2016 at 09:13 PM.

QuikSanz 
Posted on 1-Jul-2016 21:04:56
#289 ]

@pavlor,

Removed at your request, at this point in history we must learn to think out of the box and it starts now. We will not see any headway until the thinking changes from career establishment politicians.

bison 
Posted on 1-Jul-2016 21:29:45
#290 ]
Elite Member

@wolfe

Quote:
I don't think you get as rich as Trump without having a grasp of economics . . .

He knows something of business and real estate, but that's not the same thing as knowledge of economics. Economics is understood by so few that it makes it almost impossible for good economic decisions to be made within the confines of a democratic system. The possibilities for demagoguery are enormous, and seldom resisted by politicians of any persuasion.

bison 
Posted on 1-Jul-2016 21:34:25
#291 ]
Elite Member

@pavlor

Quote:
However, Mr. Trump looks really weird from european perspective...

I think he looks pretty weird from an American perspective. If someone were to offer me US $1M to produce two less qualified candidates, I don't know if I could do it.

pavlor 
Posted on 1-Jul-2016 21:35:43
#292 ]
Elite Member

@bison

Quote:
it almost impossible for good economic decisions to be made within the confines of a democratic system. The possibilities for demagoguery are enormous, and seldom resisted by politicians of any persuasion.

Everyone has right to make bad decision. Let voters decide!

iggy 
Posted on 2-Jul-2016 1:55:33
#293 ]

@wolfe

All you have proven to me is that you are as deluded as most Trump followers.
"Rigged voting machines"? Is that anything like what happen in Florida with the "hanging chads"? Honestly, even rigging the election districts isn't going to save the Republican party this year.

And yes, you can get rich with little understanding of economics if you cheat your investors and suppliers by bankrupting the corporations you run.
Its an American tradition.

You didn't even address my critique about the inevitable inflation that would follow if Trump's ideas were enacted.

As to spending. The highest deficiet spender of all time was Ronald Reagan. The second highest was W. These are facts, not fantasies like what you have posted.

And most people touting the Constitution have never actually read the Constitution. No where in the document does it say that the powers of the government are limited.

Congress enacts laws, the President ratifies them, and the Courts decide whether they violate Constitutional principles and prior precedents.

Its not about limiting government, its about making sure our principles are consistant.

Ruling the country isn't a job for the uninformed, those that would use division, or change their opinions to suit their immediate circumstances.

And Trump frequently does just that.

You know he stands no real chance of winning.

Americans may be frustrated, they may even be angry, but they aren't as stupid as many would believe.

Talk to me in a few months, when you can run by me your theories as to how his loss was underhanded.

BTW I am not a Democratic, I am even registered as a Republican, but there is no way I am voting for this clown.
Funny, I doubt George Will is either.
Or a lot of other conservative Republicans.
And you have pretty much lost women, hispanics, blacks, muslims, etc.

With an candidate that offends large swaths of the population, you don't stand much of a chance.

Quote:

wolfe wrote:
@iggy
iggy:
Quote:

Lack of jobs? Perhaps lack of quality jobs, but the job market is in better shape than when Bush left office.

Thats the main stream media talking and they can't be trusted. And what happened to all the money Obama supposedly spent to fix the economy? You do realize that in his first year and a half he outspent every President before him?

Quote:

If the people in California can't find employment, maybe they should follow the advice of the Republican saint Ronald Reagan and become entrepreneurs.
Oh yeah, even with really low prime lending rates the banks ask for untenably high rates of return and turn down most that would like to pursue this route.

The current administration is doing its best to crush entrepreneurs and small business. We need to "need" the government more so we will accept a nanny state or slavery, which ever happens first!

Quote:

How do you think these fantasies Trump is spouting will be realized?
The man has no understanding of economics.

Quote:

Back to aliens, you got the funds for 20 to 40 million plane tickets for the people who YOU think are taking jobs away from Americans (but they ARE working, which is obviously more than the unemployed you've mentioned are)?

Why fly them home? Hell NO! Take them to their embassy's here in the US and let their countries pay for the return of their people!

Use the Constitution to make them want to go home (there I got to bringing up a taboo subject "The Constitution") The Constitution states that our rights are for our citizens and our guests. Someone who is here illegally isn't a guest, more like a stow-a-way. Not covered by our rights means military tribunal for trial.

On a lighter note! Obama wanted to force a stop to the deportation of illegals currently in custody for deportation and have them released ( I guess so they could vote in the upcoming election) . . . But, the Supreme court has already informed the President that he does not have that power!

Quote:

Oh and how WOULD Donald get Mexico to pay for that wall?
Which, if it was built, would not prevent people from using boats to get here (after all, Mexico has coastline on both the Atlantic and the Pacific).

Again use the "The Constitution" to deal with the illegal situation. Espionage, terrorism, invasion etc . . . Military tribunal is guilty until proven innocent basically. If you can put them physically in front of the judges they are toast. They will want to leave . . .

I have nothing against immigrants, but I want them to come here legally. I don't beleive in open borders that allow those who would kill us to just walk in and do it, even though that is what the present administration wants by all appearances and Hillary too!

You cannot go by the main stream media's information. They said Trump had a rally that grossed 13k people, but every person was counted electrically and there were 3x that many people in attendance. Oops, must have been a typo on their part right? Trump is being down-played to help Killary and in the hopes that Trump voters will stay home this election! Good luck with that, this election is about taking back our country as much as anything else . . .

Those who are pro Killery should really investigate her carefully . . .

P.S. The only way Hillary could win is if they rigged the voting machines . . . Is that possible? How many actually believe Obama with his ratings won the last election?
Also the main stream media's lack of coverage for the voting machine irregularities during the last election!

Last edited by iggy on 02-Jul-2016 at 12:02 PM.

iggy 
Posted on 2-Jul-2016 1:58:22
#294 ]

@QuikSanz

Quote:
Now you are speaking my language

You speak in inane babble too?

QuikSanz 
Posted on 2-Jul-2016 2:23:32
#295 ]

@iggy,

Democratic is a process, Democrat is a party.

iggy 
Posted on 2-Jul-2016 11:54:28
#296 ]

@QuikSanz

Minor point.
Care to address any of the issues?

QuikSanz 
Posted on 2-Jul-2016 16:57:18
#297 ]

@iggy,

I addressed many of them. Witch one are you hung up on?

iggy 
Posted on 2-Jul-2016 17:50:37
#298 ]

@QuikSanz

Again, no you have not.

1) How would Trump get Mexico to pay for a wall?
2) How would a wall prevent refuges from using the Atlantic and Pacific coasts as exit points to the US?
3) How about the inevitable inflation that WILL occur if his trade ideas are enacted?
4) How will a ban on Muslims entering the US affect terrorism if the majority of terroristic attacks in the US are carried out by US citizens?
5) Why should I trust someone who has cheated his investors and suppliers with the reigns of our government?

Answer those five, and I have dozens more.

The Trump campaign cannot endure questions about its own positions preferring primarily on going on the offensive.

And they are well versed in being offensive.

Rob 
Posted on 2-Jul-2016 18:25:14
#299 ]
Elite Member

@iggy

I did have hope for America while Bernie Sanders was still in the race.

Meanwhile in UK we now have anti-democracy marches are taking place.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36692990

pavlor 
Posted on 2-Jul-2016 19:01:09
#300 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Quote:
anti-democracy marches

Protesting in public is one of pillars of free society. I don´t even wan´t to know, what you call democracy.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle