Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 74 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

jPV,  OlafS25

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  18 secs ago
 jPV:  1 min ago
 K-L:  18 mins ago
 Karlos:  29 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  40 mins ago
 VooDoo:  44 mins ago
 Thorham:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 Matt3k:  1 hr 54 mins ago
 Hypex:  2 hrs ago
 CosmosUnivers:  2 hrs 1 min ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  OS4 now officially released?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Karlos 
Re: OS4 now officially released?
Posted on 22-May-2004 18:14:00
#61 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@Sbaitso

Off topic:

I never knew there was a default "bloke kicked heavily in the bollocks" avatar here

Profile     Report this post  
Agafaster 
Posted on 22-May-2004 23:28:29
#62 ]

@Karlos

or is that the geezer just spotted a scantily clad lady with enormous norks ?

(who's then kicked him in the knackers for staring at her baps !! )

jahc 
Posted on 22-May-2004 23:45:38
#63 ]
Elite Member

@Toaks

Quote:
ermm check this link then:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1444

here it says that anyway.... and its done by HYPERION and its NEWS not forum talk.

That was the original announcement that the prerelease was expected to arrive on a certain date... the news item I'm talking about is on amigaflame.com and says the cds have arrived and are about to be sent out to dealers. This was never announced officially, it was just mentioned in one of Rogues posts. No real harm done here, but I just think we shouldnt post everything Rogue says in the forums as news items. Thats all.

jahc 
Posted on 22-May-2004 23:51:59
#64 ]
Elite Member

@Warrent

Quote:
Help? I am not sure what you mean? I did not announce anything . . . read what is at

http://www.amigaflame.com/amihypos.htm

I know you didnt, I'm referring to all amiga users in general, and in this particular case, the guy who runs amigaflame.com.

Quote:
If this is correct then I do not understand how that would "put off" any developers, it would be true. That is okay. But if it is not true then they may be "put off". But I thing we would like to know that?

What if plans dont work out the way they had hoped.. people might say "but in this news story you said blah blah blah was going to happen.." ..I dont know. Maybe I'm wrong. I seem to be making a big deal out of nothing, so I'll just drop it now.

Kneedeep 
Posted on 23-May-2004 1:17:40
#65 ]

@jahc

Quote:
I know you didnt, I'm referring to all amiga users in general, and in this particular case, the guy who runs amigaflame.com.

Ok, tks for clearing that... this is now dropped by me as well.

realize 
Posted on 23-May-2004 3:29:35
#66 ]

@Rogue

Well I dont think its difficult to judge. You know how many A1s were sold and that is no where near as many Cyberstorms out there. Anyway, what is the answer to the question of when the Cyberstorm version is to come out please?

realize

Bodie_CI5 
Re: damn this, to hell with that, etcetera...
Posted on 23-May-2004 4:33:36
#67 ]
Elite Member

@mjohnson

Quote:

mjohnson wrote:
@Dan

Or we'll ship the b*st*rd delinquents to Australia, like they used to..

There were Swedish convicts sent to Australia?

Toaks 
Posted on 23-May-2004 6:47:12
#68 ]
Elite Member

@jahc

you are correct!

Quote:
What if plans dont work out the way they had hoped.. people might say "but in this news story you said blah blah blah was going to happen.." ..I dont know. Maybe I'm wrong. I seem to be making a big deal out of nothing, so I'll just drop it now.

mjohnson 
Posted on 23-May-2004 10:29:20
#69 ]
From: going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

@Bodie_CI5

Quote:

Naah, we loaded ours in an airplane and sent them to the moon, we knew they'd come back to spam us a few generations later otherwise..

Bodie_CI5 
Posted on 23-May-2004 11:04:23
#70 ]
Elite Member

@mjohnson

Quote:

mjohnson wrote:
@Bodie_CI5

Quote:

Naah, we loaded ours in an airplane and sent them to the moon, we knew they'd come back to spam us a few generations later otherwise..

!

So we have come back then eh? mwahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha *cough* *cough* hahahahahahahahahhahaha

Anonymous 
Posted on 23-May-2004 11:15:30
# ]

Quote:
drhirudo wrote:

Even if it is only a prerelease, this is great news for the Amiga community at all for several reasons, which I will try to show from my POV.

1. It's not vapourware anymore. Everyone who wants to get hold of AmigaOS 4 can have it, even if it is only prerelease.

5. The trolls who pop up here and there can't argue about the product not being available. Of course they will find another arguments as always. I am not optimistic that anything can stop them, but at least they have less weapons now.

Hi drhirudo,

I agree with everything you said, and #1 is particularly important. No more vapour (fog)!!!! (Wired Magazine will have to kick someone else around next year! )

As for #5, now the trolls have to BUY an AmigaOne and use it, before they can make fun of it*!!!!

Hi vortexau,

Hehe. "Battle Beneath the Earth". I have no clue whether this is available on VHS or DVD.

Quote:
dimmck wrote:
Since I knew my A1 was on the way (it did arrive in April) I didn't persue getting the motherboard fixed (after all, it was 13 years old and had been running continuously, except when I was on vacation/holiday). Actually, I've been doing all my course materials with PageStream on the A1 using UAE and (with the current version of Richard Drummond's release) the performance isn't significantly lower than on my CSPPC.

Hi dimmck,

13 years? THAT was a great investment, eh? How long were PII 200 MHz useful for?

BTW, did you know that Pagestream is coming out in an AOS4.0 native version? I don't have an AmigaOne, but I sent them a cheque for the Professional version on Friday May 7th, for when

Too late for me to ask if you recommend it.

AmigaOne! AOS4.0! 50,000 users, one year from now!

* THEN, they will be assimilated!

Report this post  
dimmck 
Posted on 23-May-2004 16:17:32
#72 ]

@Atheist

Quote:

Quote:
dimmck wrote:
Since I knew my A1 was on the way (it did arrive in April) I didn't persue getting the motherboard fixed (after all, it was 13 years old and had been running continuously, except when I was on vacation/holiday). Actually, I've been doing all my course materials with PageStream on the A1 using UAE and (with the current version of Richard Drummond's release) the performance isn't significantly lower than on my CSPPC.

Hi dimmck,

13 years? THAT was a great investment, eh? How long were PII 200 MHz useful for?

Re: Never had one of those. My PCs used, Cyrix (sp?) and AMD processors mostly.

BTW, did you know that Pagestream is coming out in an AOS4.0 native version? I don't have an AmigaOne, but I sent them a cheque for the Professional version on Friday May 7th, for when

Too late for me to ask if you recommend it.

Re: Too late for me too. I ordered it as soon as Deron announced. I don't have the professional version. I've upgraded every version of PageStream since I started using it.
Dave M.

AmigaOne! AOS4.0! 50,000 users, one year from now!

* THEN, they will be assimilated!

vortexau 
Posted on 23-May-2004 17:14:12
#73 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

Quote:

Atheist wrote:

Hi vortexau,

Hehe. "Battle Beneath the Earth". I have no clue whether this is available on VHS or DVD.

Well Hyperion may call in the Belgian army for their defence. All that may be required is to flood the tunnel. Now, where is the Rhine?

Anonymous 
Posted on 23-May-2004 17:24:34
# ]

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:

Well I dont think its difficult to judge. You know how many A1s were sold and that is no where near as many Cyberstorms out there.

How many of those are still in use? How many of them still actually work? Of those Cyberstorms "out there" how many are in cupboards, landfills and DCE's shed?

Perhaps it isn't so easy to judge?

This sound oh-so familiar to some previous posts about the number of AmigaOnes sold.

Report this post  
realize 
Posted on 24-May-2004 18:04:52
#75 ]

@Uncharted

Oh you had to got there huh? You mean the fact that there are very few A1s out there and the FACT NO ONE will release the data about how many are sold. I firmly believe that this is because it is less than the competition's Pegasos. I know ALOT of Amiga dealers that sell both and have a general idea of how many units are out there so i'm not just grabbing at straws with this. AND UNTIL they release the numbers I will feel this way. Many people in the know (Dealers and devs) know there are more pegasos machines than A1 boxes out there so I dont know what to tell you or where you get your data.

ANYWAY

That is OT and why start that up? I just speak the FACTS..

My question is WHEN WILL THE CYBERSTORM VERSION COME OUT? I'd like to purchase it so I can run OS4 on my 4000.

realize

L8-X 
Posted on 24-May-2004 18:22:35
#76 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Sheesh here we go again.

You BELIEVE there are fewer A1s. Please stop trying to pass it as FACT, until we know from official sources and not some hear say. Until then nothing you say about A1 numbers is FACT.

Please no more arguing about A1 numbers.

Thanks

Chris_Y 
Posted on 24-May-2004 18:54:22
#77 ]
Elite Member

@realize

One of the show videos has Alan on record as saying "in the region of 1000 units". That was back in November? February? (I can't remember which video it was on). With the pre-release imminent I suspect there has been a small surge in the number of units sold recently, but probably not significant.

How many Pegasosses have been sold? (NB: sold not given away)

Chris

nicomen 
Posted on 24-May-2004 19:52:50
#78 ]
Cult Member

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:

My question is WHEN WILL THE CYBERSTORM VERSION COME OUT? I'd like to purchase it so I can run OS4 on my 4000.

I know that! Can I answer it?! Thanks...

"When it's done"

Sbaitso 
Posted on 24-May-2004 20:01:21
#79 ]

@Karlos

Quote:
I never knew there was a default "bloke kicked heavily in the ####" avatar here

That explains the intense pain I've been feeling!!!

Anonymous 
Posted on 24-May-2004 20:01:45
# ]

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:
@Uncharted

Oh you had to got there huh? You mean the fact that there are very few A1s out there and the FACT NO ONE will release the data about how many are sold. I firmly believe that this is because it is less than the competition's Pegasos. I know ALOT of Amiga dealers that sell both and have a general idea of how many units are out there so i'm not just grabbing at straws with this. AND UNTIL they release the numbers I will feel this way. Many people in the know (Dealers and devs) know there are more pegasos machines than A1 boxes out there so I dont know what to tell you or where you get your data.

ANYWAY

That is OT and why start that up? I just speak the FACTS..

I did not go anywhere, I didn't even mention Pegasos.

I was merely pointing out that the number of potential CyberstormPPC customers is not known. I was also commenting how you wording reminded me of your previous rude, obnoxious posts here.

Quote:

Uncharted Wrote:

How many of those are still in use? How many of them still actually work? Of those Cyberstorms "out there" how many are in cupboards, landfills and DCE's shed?

Perhaps it isn't so easy to judge?

Can you answer those questions with and reasonable degree of certainty? With evidence? (Personal belief and heresay doesn't count). Next time perhaps you should engage in some brain activity before making such bold statements, and being such a know-it-all plum to the developers. You might find you will get a better response.

P.S. using CAPS doesn't make anything any more true.

Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle