Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 154 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Hypex

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  4 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  53 mins ago
 klx300r:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 Matt3k:  2 hrs 36 mins ago
 agami:  4 hrs 7 mins ago
 amigasociety:  4 hrs 29 mins ago
 matthey:  5 hrs 15 mins ago
 RobertB:  5 hrs 32 mins ago
 Rob:  5 hrs 56 mins ago
 number6:  7 hrs 2 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Party Pack / Club coupons info from Hyperion / Eyetech ?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Zorro 
Re: Party Pack / Club coupons info from Hyperion / Eyetech ?
Posted on 10-Oct-2004 16:11:53
#21 ]

@Troels

Quote:
It has notthing to do with Eyetech or Hyperion so I doubt they will answer any questions here.

Obviously...

But I hope they can, at least, give an answer to the possibility to help us "couponers" to "reach" KMOS/Amiga Inc.

Profile     Report this post  
Zorro 
Posted on 10-Oct-2004 16:14:33
#22 ]

@poweramiga2002

Quote:
lucky we have hyperion without them we would be no where

Fully agree...

Anonymous 
Posted on 11-Oct-2004 10:35:56
# ]

@Zorro

One of the guys who created the T-shirt design stated on the AmigaOS4 Public ML that the design had been revised for printing in Mid-September.

Report this post  
Zorro 
Posted on 11-Oct-2004 15:11:28
#24 ]

@Uncharted

This, unfotunately, don't solve the Party Pack thing...

Zorro 
Posted on 11-Oct-2004 17:35:20
#25 ]

@Atheist

Quote:
Personally, I would have preferred that KMOS buy Aladdin 4D, than get the T-shirt and $50 rebate, and stick it on the AOS4.0 CD.

I don't know how others feel about it, but to me, it makes sense.

The problem is: who makes the port ?

Sbaitso 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 0:09:09
#26 ]

@Zorro

No, it may not solve the Party Pack situation but right now anything is a step in the right direction. Maybe the Party Pack folks will get a t shirt when the club members shirts ship. It's not much but I think it would be a huge start towards creating some good will in the community.

I've also wondered if the physical transfer of data may have delayed things a bit. Everyone knows that Amiga, Inc. wasn't operating out of any offices at the time that they were aquired by KMOS. I have no inside information on how it was being run but the theory I've heard used most often is that the company was being run out of the homes of the remaining employees. There may have been issues in getting the data to KMOS from the various locations that it was being stored in and there is one other point that I hesitate to mention.

*LET ME STATE THAT I AM NOT CLAIMING THIS WAS DONE, ONLY THAT IT WOULD BE SOMETHING I WOULD CONSIDER IF IT WERE ME."

Based on the situation at Amgia, Inc. I wouldn't have been in a huge hurry to turn anything over until all the paperwork was signed and I was sure that everything was 100% done and that arrangements were going to be made for any back pay, etc that I may have been owed. I'm not saying I would refuse to turn anything over, but I would use the time while I was preparing everything to be transferred to iron out what was happening as far as what I was owed.

MrX 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 1:12:41
#27 ]

@Sbaitso

You guys are lucky you didnt fall for the "boxer shorts" coupon offer. [edited- offensive language]
MrX.

Last edited by Bodie on 12-Oct-2004 at 02:23 PM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 6:47:35
# ]

Quote:

Zorro wrote:

The problem is: who makes the port ?

Hi Zorro,

I got the impression that it was mostly written in C. And, we have a version of UAE, right?

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 7:56:28
# ]

@Troels

Quote:

Troels wrote:
(People should have their t-shirts and it would boost the sales of the MicroA1 and OS4 a little)

ummm... before they could be used, kmos/ainc would have to explain to dealers how and when the value these coupons would be refunded to them. otherwise it would just be a sure-fire way to lose more money than any of us can afford!

Report this post  
Coder 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 13:14:41
#30 ]
Team Member

@MrX

Quote:
You guys are lucky you didnt fall for the "boxer shorts" coupon offer. I hear that when you wear the boxer shorts, a boing ball gets rammed up your arse every time you bend over.

Hot item in some homes my friend. But hey with all those offers what's the difference? You got screwed anyway.

Coder

Zorro 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 15:06:24
#31 ]

@Sbaitso

Quote:
No, it may not solve the Party Pack situation but right now anything is a step in the right direction. Maybe the Party Pack folks will get a t shirt when the club members shirts ship. It's not much but I think it would be a huge start towards creating some good will in the community.

Yes, like I said, for the Amiga companies (all those that want to have a place in the heart of the battered amiga dreamers) is definitely time to respect the community... we fully deserved it !

(And I can accept an amiga t-shirt as a (very) little apology for the HUGE delay of the Party Pack refund... )

Hyperions ? Alan ? MykeB, DaveP or anyone ? Can someone reply ? Can anyone help me (us...) to contact KMOS (and receive an official/definitive answer) ?

Again, I think, and strongly believe, that we deserved it. Don't you agree ?

Anonymous 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 15:49:43
# ]

@Zorro

Ive no idea about the partypack, coupon or any other rebate scheme or how or whether KMOS or anyone else intends to honour them. Sorry.

I suspect that Hyperion and Eyetech ( who never had responsibility for these ) want to distance themselves from it so that leaves Amiga Inc and KMOS.

As for Amiga Inc, I doubt they will answer any of my mails and if they do I probably wont be able to make any kind of public statement on their behalf - so its up to them. As for KMOS the only way I can communicate with them is through other people and I don't want to waste "responsiveness karma" by enquiring about this subject through those channels.

If KMOS or Amiga Inc want to make a public statement, its up to them. My view is that its a seriously sordid episode ( I said at the time of the club that it was wrong, and in public, see Amiga.org around the time ) and a serious error of KMOS's to state that the t-shirts were being dealt with and then go quiet on it.

To me its a non-issue, to others it is somehow very important ( maybe a lever to put pressure on or spread bad PR or just to get what they feel they are owed ).

Dave.

Report this post  
Neko 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 16:15:15
#33 ]

Well we have the "facts" here that people keep forgetting;

* Neither Hyperion nor Eyetech endorsed the Coupon thing
* Neither have said they will honour it at the end of the day

You may be missing your t-shirts, but you got your Club Amiga magazine - no matter how much it stank of a propaganda rag and didn't give you any info over that which you could have gotten anyway - you still got it :D

I agree with Coder though, if KMOS do want rid of it, they should sign a cheque and pay Hyperion and Eyetech for the trouble, and call it a done deal. Eyetech can then drop the price of the A1 by a couple of quid and Hyperion can add a feature or two to OS4 with their newfound cashpool - BUT - users would have to agree to it, like a shareholder vote.

What we have now is KMOS owning Amiga, possibly having all it's assets and obligations. That may or may not include the t-shirts. What happens when you buy a company is you end up going through it's accounts to see what has gone on; and looking at every contract they signed; and all the stuff that came in the little bundle.

What do KMOS have, then? I doubt KMOS even knows fully yet, besides a few trademark licenses and 100s of moaning customers.

Basically I would put all this down to beurocracy, lawyers, accountants, investors and all the time wasting that implies and imposes, for now. You gotta run a company properly these days after Enron :)

~

As for the September "Announcement".. jesus guys.. things slip sometimes. Give them a little bit of a break. I don't see what the big "WAH WAH" is all about, it's a cotton rag and a measly 8% off a hardware/software combination.

Huh, who'd have ever thought I'd be defending Amiga/KMOS like that? Shock horror scandal!!!!

Neko

Zorro 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 17:15:11
#34 ]

@DaveP

Thanks for the clear answer, Dave.

Zorro 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 17:48:01
#35 ]

@Neko

Quote:

* Neither Hyperion nor Eyetech endorsed the Coupon thing
* Neither have said they will honour it at the end of the day

No one said this, as you can understand if you reread well the thread...

Quote:
You may be missing your t-shirts, but you got your Club Amiga magazine

Please, note that the Party Pack owners had no Club partnerships/magazines.

Regretfully, I think I made clear that my problem (and that of many hundreds of other Party Pack owners) isn't a t-shirt...

MikeB 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 17:51:46
#36 ]
Elite Member

@Zorro

At AmiWest Garry Hare said that he expected to have a resolution for the coupon situation by the time AmigaOS4.0 is released.So hopefully what he said becomes reality.

Last edited by MikeB on 12-Oct-2004 at 05:52 PM.

Coder 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 18:06:59
#37 ]
Team Member

@MikeB

Quote:
At AmiWest Garry Hare said that he expected to have a resolution for the coupon situation by the time AmigaOS4.0 is released.So hopefully what he said becomes reality.

Not wanting to step on peoples toes here but Garry also said at AmiWest the t-shirts were being printed. So excuse me for not jumping up and down because of that statement of him. I think it's better we just forget about getting anything out of it. Same old, same old.

Coder

MikeB 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 18:18:24
#38 ]
Elite Member

@Coder

Of course, he did state: "My understanding is, the t-shirts went to be printed yesterday." If this is correct or not, I don't know. But at least he didn't provide a time shedule when people should expect to actually have them.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes neither. Everyone is surely entitled to his or her's personal opinion, I just want to make sure people don't throw away their coupons just yet and be disappointed when Garry turns out to be correct.

Last edited by MikeB on 12-Oct-2004 at 06:21 PM.

Coder 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 18:22:49
#39 ]
Team Member

@MikeB

I was not shooting the messenger here.

Quote:
But at least he didn't provide a time shedule when people should expect to actually have them.

True! So actually we cannot even say anything since the only thing he said was that they were being printed, not delivered.

Quote:
I don't want to step on anyone's toes neither. Everyone is surely entitled to his or her's personal opinion, I just want to make sure people don't throw away their coupons just yet and be disappointed when Garry turns out to be correct.

You are right! But I was not planning on throwing them away.

Coder

MikeB 
Posted on 12-Oct-2004 18:39:47
#40 ]
Elite Member

@Coder

Quote:

True! So actually we cannot even say anything since the only thing he said was that they were being printed, not delivered.

I know there has been a great deal of work done with regard to some other effort which I believe would boost Amiga Inc's public image. But I have no idea why they haven't made these efforts public already. So this makes me believe that they may want to coincide these efforts with some PR announcements to maximise its effect. But that's just my personal guess...

Amiga Inc promised promotion discounts on AmigaOne/AmigaOS4.0 systems when available, this day now comes closer and closer. Garry thinks this should never have happened, but still stated he felt an ethical obligation to do something about this issue.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle