Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 161 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  30 secs ago
 Matt3k:  10 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  19 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  22 mins ago
 pixie:  25 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  1 hr 55 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  2 hrs 10 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Missing PDFs from Amiga-Genesi legal battle
Register To Post

PosterThread
cgutjahr 
Missing PDFs from Amiga-Genesi legal battle
Posted on 13-Sep-2017 16:37:52
#1 ]
Cult Member

I occasionally try to save old obscure stuff from the web on Aminet, amiga-news.de or Web archive to preserve it for posterity. I just stumbled about my incomplete backups of the documentation from the 2003/2004 court battle between Genesi and Amiga, Inc.

Sammy 'Samface' Nordstroem and Rich Woods both bought copies of all of the documents from that court case and published them on the web. Rich's version was only accessible to people who actually registered with him first, I don't have a copy of whatever he released. Samface made his version publicly available on his website. While the site is long gone, the Web Archive still has a copy. Most of the 70 PDF documents are still accessible, but the following ones are broken:

36, 39, 40, 41, 44, 49, 65, 68

The do have PDF 1.3 headers, but none of my PDF readers can actually display them. Plus, they all have the exact same file size, so even if you could fix what's wrong with them you'd probably end up with only one of the missing docs.

Last time I came here with a similar question, somebody could actually provide copies of all the old "Club Amiga Monthly" issues, maybe we get lucky again Does anybody have a more complete backup of the docs mentioned above?

Profile     Report this post  
zipper 
Re: Missing PDFs from Amiga-Genesi legal battle
Posted on 13-Sep-2017 20:06:02
#2 ]

@cgutjahr

Have you tried grabs from different dates - I began trying from 2004 and could immediately get working 36 from http://web.archive.org/web/20040704192558/http://www.mindrelease.net:80/amiga-thendic/ Laborous to get thru all grabs but your mileage varies between the different dates. OK, further, 39,40,41 - you may check the rest.

Profile     Report this post  

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle