Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 89 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Tpod

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Tpod:  2 mins ago
 RobertB:  41 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 1 min ago
 matthey:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 11 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 16 mins ago
 amigang:  2 hrs 42 mins ago
 eliyahu:  2 hrs 44 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  2 hrs 50 mins ago
 billt:  2 hrs 56 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  Turns out Nightlong doesn't really work (on OS4)...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Toaks 
Re: Turns out Nightlong doesn't really work (on OS4)...
Posted on 4-Apr-2008 21:53:56
#21 ]
Elite Member

@K-L

yes i was about to comment about it until i read your comment, in all honesty i have played through this game several times by now due to people saying it doesnt work on "x", and every time it has worked fine(atleast the last 3 years or so).

Profile     Report this post  
Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 11-Jul-2017 2:23:42
#22 ]

Hello everyone,

Has anyone discovered why the "colorful garbage" around the character exists? Otherwise the 68K version is playable. It would be great to see it without that.

When I choose the PPC version all I'm see are PAL screenmodes for my X5000. Yep, RTG is installed...copied rtgmaster (OS4 fix) myself... Also copied the OF4 fix's to Libs:rtg. I removed "flame" as I tried it in "rtg" and Libs but didn't seem to make any difference other than crashing. So I removed it.

I've read something about disabling composite. Would someone mind pointing the way to that? I haven't seen anything in my Radeon HD VERDE's Monitor Info..

Hypex 
Posted on 11-Jul-2017 9:22:05
#23 ]
Elite Member

@Sir_RUSH

You mean you couldn't wait another year so the thread was ten years old?

Have you got that PPC patch listed on AF from previous page? From what I read that should fix it.

On top of the OS4 RTG fix that should work. But that RTG patch isn't put together very well. The files should be in their proper place if you are expected to copy them over. A bunch of random files without any read me to tell you what you do with them is both sloppy and ambiguous. Have you installed the original then replaced files from the OS4 fix?

http://aminet.net/package/driver/video/rtgmaster

Now about the composite settings. Look under GUI Prefs, there should be some section on the left list where you can disable it. But that will be system wide. I suggest once you have the Nightlong screen open and running, if you aren't locked out from Workbench, to open Screens Prefs and add the Nightlong screen. You should be able edit the settings and disable composite for that screen only. If you can't do that directly you may need to do it in GUI then save those settings to a file for use with Screens. So it only affects that game and the rest of the OS uses hardware acceleration.

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 11-Jul-2017 19:47:45
#24 ]

@Hypex

Naah, since time is always Now. The past is filled with markers and crumbs from paths to select from and inside points to them at times; hence...I replied. Wink! Argh, I kept missing that Composite. Appreciate the pointer. It didn't make any changes other than allowing OozeAGA to display a blank screen in "Native" (without UAE) mode. Hmm... Hmm.. Though AGA is listed as a Emulation as well as 68020 none of the modes are displaying game screens for this X5000.

That's the same RTG Master package I installed and then copied the OS4 fix over. Hmm... I ran the Screens prefs but the "Insert" option is greyed. I'm able to switch from Nightlong back to Workbench, always have. So, I checked the Screens Icon Tooltypes and made Use, Save, Edit active. Didn't need to be but I did so anyway. That didn't make the hard to read "Insert Open Screens" active. Until I make "SCREEN" tooltype active. But the only screen I'm able to insert is "Screens". Odd. I can hear Nightlong running in the background.

So, ignoring Screens prefs for now...Composite hasn't helped with PPC nor 68K version. Hmm... Nice idea, though, and works well for program Odyssey.

I'll try some other stuff in GUI and check if that changes things. Maybe I'll get an AGA screen to actually display as well. Along with OozeAGA I also attempted with HillseaLido and some others.

I appreciate the reply. If you get anything else, while I tinker, feel free to chime in. I don't really care how soon or long. Giggling.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 11-Jul-2017 20:22:30
#25 ]
Elite Member

@Sir_RUSH

"OozeAGA to display a blank screen in "Native" (without UAE) mode. Hmm... Hmm.. Though AGA is listed as a Emulation as well as 68020 none of the modes are displaying game screens for this X5000."

AmigaOS4 support fake AGA modes, only supported on OS level, this modes are planar modes that are basically planar bitmaps that are converted into chunky bitmaps and displayed.

As long program talks to OS, not to hardware its fine, but often that’s not the case.

Sadly, this modes are not true to original demotions, 320x200 end up in fake mode as 640x480, this causes a lot problems if you ever finds some that might work.

Fake native modes can be enabled on Monitor icon, in devs:monitors/#?Radion#?.info tooltypes.

There are games and programs that can be promoted to display in chunky modes (True Color Modes), this games use OS native graphic library routines to draw the graphics,

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 12-Jul-2017 0:46:44
#26 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

Right, fake AGA mode...which are listed in RTG Master requester and in Screenmode settings there's a checkbox for them. I was thinking the emulation for OS 4.1 might have gotten as far as WinUAE (Tony). But seems not. (RunIn)UAE doesn't play OozeAGA at the correct speed..so far, but I'm messin' with that. I'll check if there might be a beta or something around soon. Also going to check if UAE coded by Tony is being brought over to it. If so...that would bring in a lot more support as well as firmware to be used like CSPPC and such.

I loaded Megaball 4 AGA and because it uses a ModeID it does display... Again, I thought they'd done more of an emulation with it than I've noticed. There are supposed to be 2 emulations possible, I remember reading something about that but not enough details.

I've been through the Devs:Monitor/Graphics Board info. I didn't make that clear, but appreciate the info anyway. I'm not stuck on merely "classic" games or programs, but I do want to make sure a of stuff is going to be functional some how.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 12-Jul-2017 16:28:46
#27 ]
Elite Member

@Sir_RUSH

Quote:
I was thinking the emulation for OS 4.1 might have gotten as far as WinUAE (Tony).

There are some GUI to configure EUAE, on OS4Depot.net, personally stay away from things like that, and because I don't trust know about all settings, I'm afraid things will be filtered out. When you press "Save".

More important things like bsdscoket.library is not emulated.

There are lots more that had been added to WinUAE at later date. that is not part of EUAE.

Quote:
But seems not. (RunIn)UAE doesn't play OozeAGA at the correct speed..so far, but I'm messin' with that. I'll check if there might be a beta or something around soon.

"Almos Rajnai" made JIT Compiler for EUAE.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/euaeppcjit/

Quote:
Also going to check if UAE coded by Tony is being brought over to it. If so...that would bring in a lot more support as well as firmware to be used like CSPPC and such.

No nothing like exist for EUAE for AmigaOS4.1, it be nice if existed as be nice place to test things.

There was WarpEMU but it only works on AmigaONE-SE/XE.
There is ReWarp project to emulate WarpUP, as WarpEMU was discontinued.

https://sonnet.uguu.waw.pl/jenkins/job/ReWarp/

Quote:
There are supposed to be 2 emulations possible, I remember reading something about that but not enough details.

Option 1:
AmigaOS4 runs 680x0 program with out emulating the hardware. (mostly works for program, and not games)

Some hardware emulation hacks to make AmigaOS4 run 680x0 program better.
http://os4depot.net/index.php?function=showfile&file=emulation/misc/ciagent.lha
http://os4depot.net/index.php?function=showfile&file=utility/misc/timerhack.lha
http://os4depot.net/index.php?function=showfile&file=emulation/misc/blitzen.lha
(NallePuh Used to work, not working anymore)
http://os4depot.net/index.php?function=showfile&file=audio/misc/nallepuh.lha

Option 2:
RunInUAE / EUAE, versus tools to start EUAE. (for all things that bangs the hardware)

Option 3:
WarpUP emulation using ReWarp.
https://sonnet.uguu.waw.pl/jenkins/job/ReWarp/

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 12-Jul-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 12-Jul-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 12-Jul-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 12-Jul-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 12-Jul-2017 at 04:29 PM.

K-L 
Posted on 12-Jul-2017 20:49:21
#28 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

NallehPuh is still working, I'm using it to play Symphonie Modules.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle