Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
27 crawler(s) on-line.
 83 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Frank

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Frank:  4 mins ago
 clint:  15 mins ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  18 mins ago
 pixie:  19 mins ago
 Torque:  32 mins ago
 BigD:  44 mins ago
 Deaths_Head:  53 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 1 min ago
 roar:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 K-L:  1 hr 28 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Website feedback and suggestions
      /  [Poll] Mikey_C Poll on Amigaworld. Will you take part?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Poll : How do you view Amigaworld.net Today? (Multi vote)
Same as it ever was (I haven't noticed any changes)
Better than it ever was (I like the fact that it is more open to other views)
I liked it how it was before (i.e. more pro Amiga OS orientated)
As the Site is now, I come here more often.
As the Site is now, I come here less often.
I still come here as much as before.

PosterThread
Mikey_C 
Re: [Poll] Mikey_C Poll on Amigaworld. Will you take part?
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 12:43:44
#21 ]
Elite Member

@pixie

Quote:
I couldn't care less with you being here or not, don't need to play as victim... I've stated my opinion on your bias, now you might as well shoot me...

Forgive me but I am not out to play a victim of any kind. However given your Shoot me comment I think it is you who wished to play the victim.

Profile     Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 12:50:18
# ]

Hi Seehund, pixie,

Well, one of you has a being crushed underfoot as an avatar, and the other's signature says:
==========
>> There is place for only one proprietary AmigaOS.
> Yeah, they don't make coffins any bigger ;)
Stevo

"Teh Rael One" - Chain-Q
==========

While the url for that quote was given, it's still not clear what it means. I see it as "one corpse, one coffin" and AOS is mentioned. It appears to be the victim, in this case. Ha ha.

Violations of TOS? Can't say. In bad taste? Certainly.

And then we have the various Amigazeux avatars, and we know their hostility ratings, with wrongpla.net and all. Imagine being the writers of the material there, and then nonchalantly posting here, "all innocently".

I mean, come on "Teh Rael One". That's crap.

Report this post  
Dirk-B 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 12:59:07
#23 ]

Strange how things have evolved here.

First there was: snif snif, we the other camps are not wanted
to post on amigaworld.net because it is a pro OS4 / A1 site.

Now it is: you red-ones shut up, if you want a pro OS4 / OS5 site
make your own, this is the amigaworld.net site.

Strange...

pixie 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 13:02:38
#24 ]
Elite Member

@Mikey_C

- You're the victim.
- No you are
- No, it's you playing
- No I'm not

Quote:
Forgive me but I am not out to play a victim of any kind. However given your Shoot me comment I think it is you who wished to play the victim.

"You might as well shoot me" as in I don't care, I don't give a damn... obviously I'm playing victim here, oh my...

Last edited by pixie on 13-Oct-2006 at 01:03 PM.

Mikey_C 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 13:04:06
#25 ]
Elite Member

@Dirk-B

Thank you, I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Last edited by Mikey_C on 13-Oct-2006 at 01:13 PM.

Mikey_C 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 13:04:49
#26 ]
Elite Member

@pixie

Okay, I think people are gonna get bored with us making the same point over and over again.

Suggest we leave it there.

pixie 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 13:07:54
#27 ]
Elite Member

@Atheist

Quote:
And then we have the various Amigazeux avatars, and we know their hostility ratings, with wrongpla.net and all. Imagine being the writers of the material there, and then nonchalantly posting here, "all innocently".

It's somewhat akin to Mikey_C wording:
Quote:
Quote:
this poll is not an official Amigaworld Poll and in no way is it affiliated with Amigaworld.
Quote:
Again, I must state that, this poll is done off my own back, it has no official Amigaworld backing.

Or on how Rogue and his brother posts aren't in no way affiliated to Hyperion

Last edited by pixie on 13-Oct-2006 at 01:09 PM.

Wizzard_o 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 13:08:20
#28 ]
Cult Member
From: UK, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Alpha Quadrant, The Milky-Way, Universe. 1.1.1.3.44.HP

@Mikey_C

I personally preferred the way AW.Net was back when I joined. Pro OS4 & OS3.x with very little flames, good posts, regular reports & topics.

Now we seem to be mired with bitch-fests, ‘Port OS4 to this platform’ coz I want it! and ‘Bill Bucks scratched his ass on his blog’ threads.

MOS has its OWN forum, so does AROS. So why should we (an OS4 forum) be inundated with bitter MOS/AROS/LINUX/MAC/WIN posters who just want OS4 to fall flat on its face just because they don’t like Amiga’s current management!

That, of course is just my humble opinion. But I’ll stick a smile on the end to make it less serous…

Wizz.

Anonymous 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 13:30:47
# ]

Quote:

pixie wrote:
@Atheist

Quote:

It's somewhat akin to Mikey_C wording:
Quote:
[quote]this poll is not an official Amigaworld Poll and in no way is it affiliated with Amigaworld.
Quote:
Again, I must state that, this poll is done off my own back, it has no official Amigaworld backing.

Or on how Rogue and his brother posts aren't in no way affiliated to Hyperion[/quote]

=========================
Hi pixie,

Maybe, I'm just a big baby, and I'm jealous, after all, you have morphzone, power.org, Amiga.Org, ANN.Lu, MooBunny, wrongpla.net, bbrvblogplanet, this place here, and who knows what other URLs to post on and, and I'm now just left with only one place, Amiga.Com.

Report this post  
falemagn 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 13:39:22
#30 ]

@Wizzard_o

Quote:

MOS has its OWN forum, so does AROS. So why should we (an OS4 forum) be inundated with bitter MOS/AROS/LINUX/MAC/WIN posters

I believe that quote is emblematic of the situation.

Somehow, just because some people have preferred something else over AOS4, they have no say on AOS4 matters and should even be confined to the fora discussing their platform of choice, even if, when they post here, almost never talk about their platform of choice.

That reasoning has the word "intolerance" written all over it, if you ask me. Intolerance towards people with different opinions than yours, and intolerance towards people who dare face you with the truth, as if it were their faul if things are as messy as they appear.

Guys, I can understand some of you are frustrated, but you are simply barking at the wrong tree! Imagine an AmigaWorld.net without threads like the one about Garry Hare vs Amiga Inc: it would be an empty AmigaWorld.net. There's just and simply nothing else to discuss about.

You are a vocal minority, every poll so far has proved it, face it!

~~ Henry Ford

Mikey_C 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 13:52:44
#31 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

Quote:

Sorry We are not a vocal minority, on Amigaworld we are THE majority, I believe. As I recall before we went "open", we had close on 3000 members.

Most of those signed up because we were a PRO Amiga OS site. Polls could be manipulated once by clearing your cookie set on the browser, however I tried that the other day and it appears the that loophole has been plugged.

At the end of the day, it makes no odds, there are many people here who wish to have a Pro AmigaOS portal. If its not Amigaworld, then I am sure something else will spring up eventually to provide them with what they need.

As to the comment of Amigaworld without the irritating topic of Garry Hare Vs Amiga Inc and Amigaworld being empty, I disagree, for one, it would be lovely to not have to put up with the near record number of abuse reports that topic has generated and secondly, Amigaworld used to do very nicely indeed and it was far from empty

falemagn 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 14:07:52
#32 ]

@Mikey_C

Quote:

Mikey_C wrote:
@falemagn

Quote:

Sorry We are not a vocal minority, on Amigaworld we are THE majority, I believe. As I recall before we went "open", we had close on 3000 members.

If you are part of a majority, then surely this would show on the site, somehow? Like, more pro-AOS4 threads and more pro-AOS4 news. That's not the case, it seems.

Quote:

Most of those signed up because we were a PRO Amiga OS site. Polls could be manipulated once by clearing your cookie set on the browser, however I tried that the other day and it appears the that loophole has been plugged.

So you are implying that people have such a desire to put this site down, or highjack it, that they even go as far as manipulating a poll? There's a word which begins with 'p' and ends with 'a' to describe this thinking.

Quote:

At the end of the day, it makes no odds, there are many people here who wish to have a Pro AmigaOS portal. If its not Amigaworld, then I am sure something else will spring up eventually to provide them with what they need.

If you wish to make this a pro-AmigaOS portal, just do it. No one is stopping you from starting your own threads full of positivism towards Amiga Inc, Hyperion, AOS4 and whatever else comes to your mind.

Quote:

As to the comment of Amigaworld without the irritating topic of Garry Hare Vs Amiga Inc and Amigaworld being empty, I disagree, for one, it would be lovely to not have to put up with the near record number of abuse reports that topic has generated and secondly, Amigaworld used to do very nicely indeed and it was far from empty

Look at the reality of facts, please. Take out all these threads you deem irritating and hostile: what is left? Not even dancing bananas anymore.

And if truth irritates you, that's certainly no one's but your personal problem. That thread isn't against the TOS.

Last edited by falemagn on 13-Oct-2006 at 02:32 PM.

~~ Henry Ford

_ThEcRoW 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 14:28:15
#33 ]
Cult Member

What's wrong in talking about Aros on an Amiga forum?

Mac Mini G4 1GB Ram with the butterfly!!

Develin 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 14:37:52
#34 ]

@_ThEcRoW

Quote:
What's wrong in talking about Aros on an Amiga forum?

It's not entitled to the RIGHT name, regardless its hertiage and background, just like MorphOS etc.

Last edited by Develin on 13-Oct-2006 at 02:38 PM.

Rit 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 14:42:45
#35 ]

I voted that i liked it the way it was before. As a new member i can say that i've found this place a pretty horrible place to be, and i dont think i've read 5 threads yet that haven't ended up just turning into a pointless argument about something or other. From what i've noticed it always seems to be the same names cropping up too, and although they'll insist on there right to speak freely, virtually all of the posts they make arn't really valid arguments and are just either sarcastic remarks or saying something that they just know is going to stir up trouble for the sake of it.

soft 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 15:34:54
#36 ]

I haven't noticed any change, but then I'm not a regular participant in this website and only check in once a week to see if anything interesting has happened on the front page.

When I do read conversations, I see a lot (or a very few, very prolific) thin-skinned individuals that can't handle any dissent toward their opinions, and they have an extraordinary inability to ignore the people they vehemently label as trolls.

If you think someone's opinion is of no value, if you have nothing but contempt for their views, or if you think they're repeating themselves: ignore them. If you constantly feel the pull to leap to defend your own opinion, then deep down you don't believe your opinion is merited and can stand on its own, above defense, observable to any person willing to look. This is the attitude of a fanatic.

I don't understand the groups you people group each other into. I see people talking about "blue camp" and "red camp". I don't think I belong to either. MorphOS and AROS bore me, and Amiga Inc. has failed too many times for me to believe in anything they say anymore, but I'm content to wait and see if they can reedeem tehmselves while I get on with the rest of life.

I think we all value the "amiga spirit", and the values that made the machine so great in the first place, and that that is what we all have in common. Though the dedication to that spirit manifests itself in varying ways. Some are rational, some are fanatical.

I don't think the name "Amiga" is what's important - if an OS or platform came along that was genuinely, to my mind, as great as the Amiga was great in 1985, it would win my support, whether it is called Amiga or not, and I wouldn't even have a twinge of regret that it isn't called Amiga. I don't worship gods, I respect good ideas. I think people should focus more on that and loosen their grip on the idea that "it has to be amiga". The label you attach to it isn't what is important. You weren't drawn to it because of the name in the first place, so why should you cling to it now for that same reason? Focus on the reasons you like(d) the platform and consider what a rebirth of that machine would have to consist of.

Jape 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 15:39:22
#37 ]

@ALL

Ok, and here we go again! )

Why people drag on this "color" war in every corner?

Why some people here is always talking about "mood"? What Amiga Inc. has said, what they have done, what they will do? mumbojumbo i say!!

What if we listen, and wait what will happen, it's only we can really do.
Support by buying softwares, donating to hard working developers.

[Example Mode ON]

If someone in a "high stand" say something, and whoa!!! Post
number 457 just came in, and thread is opened 3 hours ago,
when i start to read, it is just full of speculation, about how did "he" said it, what "he" really ment etc.

There is no evidence on the thread that someone really know something.
And we are in war again...

[Example Mode OFF]

So what if we drop all this bullshi# and start to really discuss about what we have now.
Like OS4 and classic, what we can do with it. How we can make it even better, etc.

They didn't build a Rome in one day either.

But drop totally this speculation and color war, especially jumping on each other

It won't get us nowhere.

Anonymous 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 15:55:11
# ]

@falemagn
Quote:
Look at the reality of facts, please. Take out all these threads you deem irritating and hostile: what is left? Not even dancing bananas anymore.

There's nothing left BECAUSE of all the hostile threads. We don't post anymore -- we've been driven away.

Quote:
And if truth irritates you, that's certainly no one's but your personal problem. That thread isn't against the TOS.

And if truth irritates you, that's certainly no one's but your personal problem. THIS thread isn't against the TOS either.

This has NEVER been about red verses blue for me (I own a Pegasos NOT an A1) -- it's about behaving in a civilized manner.

Now, if you don't mind, I'll go away again (which I'm sure you were just about to suggest anyway).

Report this post  
DoodooHead 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 16:10:18
#39 ]
Cult Member

@Dirk-B

Quote:
Now it is: you red-ones shut up, if you want a pro OS4 / OS5 site make your own, this is the amigaworld.net site.

I remember when we were at Amiga.org in 2003 and it was: you red-ones shut up, if you want a pro OS4 / OS5 site make your own. It was the amigaworld.net site.

I wish it was like it was before. A web site for people who enjoy using Amiga OS4.

brotheris 
Posted on 13-Oct-2006 16:11:24
#40 ]

This site is better now than it was, but some people will never change. Anyway, all damage is done already.

If this site will turn to pro-AmigaOS, fine, just no silly topics about PCs, Playstation, X-BOX, Atari, RiscOS, irrelevant to AmigaOS technology, etc etc etc. Pro-AmigaOS only, talks about ports to unlicenced HW should be banned, "negative" talks should be banned. Then heaven will come :)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle