Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
31 crawler(s) on-line.
 79 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

saimon69

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 saimon69:  2 secs ago
 outlawal2:  42 mins ago
 pixie:  55 mins ago
 Frank:  59 mins ago
 amigang:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 Lou:  1 hr 51 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  MAG Bash 1st November
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Swoop 
Re: MAG Bash 1st November
Posted on 1-Nov-2008 21:10:43
#141 ]
Elite Member

@rats

Quote:
I setup in a corner helping Swoop install Amikit. I was running it on a EEE PC which drew some intrest.
I was impressed how easy it was. I thought I would have to much about installing OS 3.5, then 3.9, and the amikit. It was very straight forward, and just needed my OS3.9 CD. brilliant.
I love having DOpus Megellan running again. Now I am home, I'll have something else to play with.

"There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Profile     Report this post  
Rudei 
Posted on 1-Nov-2008 21:20:18
#142 ]
Elite Member

@1Mouse

Congrats on your win, I meant to pop over and congratulate you but didn't get a chance!

@TheDaddy

Good to meet you, those minimig case are absolutely top notch. I'm so tempted by a Minimig and if you do decide to manufacture some more cases, I'll be coming to you for one! You have a real flair for case design, hope you channel those talents into a SAM case too

Watching the Minimig in action running those classic games was superb, Lotus II, Project-X, Superfrog, Kick-Off 2 (oh the memories!) - argh I want one!

@all

It was a really great day, met some really interesting people and had a good look at a couple of SAM boards. The SAM is really cool, absolutely tiny but slick and looks extremely robust.

To the Mag crew, Luke, Mrs Luke, Ian, Stimp, FuZion and those I didn't catch the names of, thanks for a cool day and the hard work & organisation that went into the show, good work!

I won the Mysterious Cities of Cold DVD kindly donated by Roquefort, so I look forward to sitting down and having a butchers at that!

Rude!

TrevorDick 
Posted on 1-Nov-2008 21:25:47
#143 ]
Elite Member

@Rudei

It sounds like you all had a great time. Wish I could have been there but just recovering from a minor op!

TrevorD

1Mouse 
Posted on 1-Nov-2008 21:29:09
#144 ]

@Rudei

Hi,

A great time was had by all.

Good job you didn't congrat me as it was my partner that collected the prize for me.

I have to admit I am very shy

Sam460cr + OS4.1FE

Rudei 
Posted on 1-Nov-2008 21:31:19
#145 ]
Elite Member

@TrevorDick

Get well soon TrevorDick, and thanks for the generous donation of the SAM - one happy soon-to-be owner me thinks

Rude!

tonyyeb 
Posted on 1-Nov-2008 21:55:35
#146 ]

@all

What a great day. Really enjoyed it, great putting faces to forum names! Great work by TheDaddy on your Minimig case and demos. Fantastic work... and I too want one now!

Thanks to Luke for the great organisation, Amigakit for the excellent turnout of products and thanks to everyone who demonstarted their equipment. Hopefully there will be more in future years to come!

niceguy1979 
Posted on 1-Nov-2008 22:13:56
#147 ]

@all

hi everybody

thanks very much for everybody that turned up. I really enjoyed myself and loved meeting new faces as well as old friends.

It was a lot of hard work I wont deny that, but I think it was worth it.

Thank you to all those people that travelled a long way and those who donated prizes. Thank you to Amigakit for their sponsorship of the event and Trevordick, Acube and hyperion for their donations!

Thanks also to Rigo (& Evert) and Colin for their demonstrations. Very informative.

I hope that those people who took pictures and videos of the event send them on so I can share in it from every angle. Email anything to me on l_stowe@hotmail.co.uk

I think I have learned some great lessons from this event and IF people want me to organise something on this scale again I will be able to make some positive changes to format. It was a little rough around the edges perhaps this time, but something that I know I can improve on. Thank you all for your participation and attendance!

stimpzilla 
Posted on 1-Nov-2008 22:25:11
#148 ]

@niceguy1979

First I'd like to say to say thanks to Evert, Swisso, etc. for a nice post-Bash drink in the pub across the road. Secondly, As far as future Bash's are concerned, lets start with easy stuff - tell Luke and the rest of us if you're up for another 1 next year.

Stimpzilla
====

steril606 
Posted on 2-Nov-2008 8:13:59
#149 ]

Sounds like a really nice event. You rock, guys...

CptPingu 
Posted on 2-Nov-2008 9:16:36
#150 ]

@niceguy1979

Not to take anything away from other events I've been to, but this being the first one I've been to put together by MAG, I must say it felt a lot more organised.

Firstly, thanks Mr Stowe, for making an effort to introduce yourself and making us feel welcome - as well as for the overall event itself - nicely done!

And while I can't recall the name of everyone I think the two chaps at the AmigaKit stand have secured themselves a sale of a SAM system as soon as I can get around to purchasing one. Shame you didn't have any there to purchase and walk away with, as I'm quite sure I would have gave in to temptation there and then. Even though a couple of the photo's that were loaded up to demo OS4 caused me nightmares lastnight.

A good public run through by Rigo of SAM and the new features of 4.1 and also his more private run through of his CodeBench project - looks good.

Some of the machines running the older stuff brought back some memories, Stunt Car Racer & F1GP (Think they must have been Geoff Crammond fans).

And for the person who said another one next year..... I hope they didn't mean in about a years time.... early next year would be great...especially if AmigaKit can bring along a stock of systems to sell at the event.

Thanks all, and again thanks MAG.

Pingu (Pete)

tonyyeb 
Posted on 2-Nov-2008 10:25:12
#151 ]

I forgot to add, thanks to Daz for the lift and the use of his AmigaOne. It was a great experience (first time with OS4 - it was fab!) and congrats on the hard work on your printer driver development.

Next year April / May time would be a good gap to the next one I would suggest.

Chris_Y 
Posted on 2-Nov-2008 13:15:46
#152 ]
Elite Member

@CptPingu

Quote:
A good public run through by Rigo of SAM and the new features of 4.1 and also his more private run through of his CodeBench project

Sadly I missed the Codebench demo.

IanO 
Posted on 2-Nov-2008 13:21:10
#153 ]

@CptPingu

Quote:
And while I can't recall the name of everyone I think the two chaps at the AmigaKit stand have secured themselves a sale of a SAM system as soon as I can get around to purchasing one. Shame you didn't have any there to purchase and walk away with, as I'm quite sure I would have gave in to temptation there and then.

As I understand the situation demand for the SAM board has been such that the initial stock had been sold. However as a goodwill gesture fot those attending the MAG Bash, Amigakit were offering a show price. It might be worthwhile contacting them on Monday and seeing that you were in attendance you might still get the discount !

Glad you enjoyed the event. Some great systems on display which shows what a great computer the Amiga is. I was very impressed with SAM / OS4.1 and it's on my shopping list but my Amiga One and classic set ups will have to do for now.

The reason the MAG bash came about was because we had not had a UK gathering for over 2 years. In reality we should have been looking at next year but took a chance with an Autumn date and the arrival of SAM could not have been better timed.

So hopefully 2009 will see another UK Amiga gathering and in warmer conditions !!

tonyyeb 
Posted on 2-Nov-2008 13:51:49
#154 ]

Any pics / videos available yet?

EDIT: Skipp on amiga.org has posted a link to some photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/skipp604/MAGBashNovember2008#

Last edited by tonyyeb on 02-Nov-2008 at 02:00 PM.

Mikey_C 
Posted on 2-Nov-2008 14:12:40
#155 ]
Elite Member

@tonyyeb

http://www.amigans.net/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=28

tonyyeb 
Posted on 2-Nov-2008 14:35:41
#156 ]

@Mikey_C

Nice write up. Thanks for the link.

tonyyeb 
Posted on 2-Nov-2008 15:38:36
#157 ]

@thread

I have done a small write up on www.aukug.co.uk

Swoop 
Posted on 2-Nov-2008 15:52:44
#158 ]
Elite Member

@tonyyeb

Quote:
I forgot to add, thanks to Daz for the lift and the use of his AmigaOne. It was a great experience (first time with OS4 - it was fab!) and congrats on the hard work on your printer driver development.
I missed that, what printer drivers, etc?

"There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't."

tonyyeb 
Posted on 2-Nov-2008 15:55:11
#159 ]

@Swoop

He has done some work on a Canon 600 (?) bubblejet printer driver for OS4. It started life as a HP drivers source code amazingly enough!

Bibi 
Posted on 2-Nov-2008 17:38:04
#160 ]

@all

Hi guys. This was my first Amiga show ever, but I have to say that I'm really impressed with the show in general. Seeing AmigaOS4.1 on Sam440, MiniMig, MorphOS, C64, classic Amigas and all the enthusiastic people was just fantastic. Despite I hadn't had any sleep since I worked the night before the show, it was indeed a VERY good experience and definitely worth to go. I want to thank Luke & his wife for organizing the party, Hyperion & Colin(?) for their presentation, Swisso for the nice chat and all who turned up. I'll surely come to the next one.

I also brought my miniDV camera with me, so I'll upload some videos on the web next week (I have to import the videos from the tape first ) - the OS4.1 on SAM and allegro games engine presentations etc.

Last edited by Bibi on 02-Nov-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Last edited by Bibi on 02-Nov-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle