Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
38 crawler(s) on-line.
 56 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

NutsAboutAmiga

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 NutsAboutAmiga:  38 secs ago
 zipper:  39 mins ago
 pixie:  42 mins ago
 Bugala:  46 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 20 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 39 mins ago
 lijk352099:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 45 mins ago
 matthey:  4 hrs 52 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  [Poll] LimeBook PPC - FOR AmigaOS / MorphOS / AROS Developer - Evaluation
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Poll : LimeBook PPC - Only For - Developer Evaluation - Pre Orders
I will place an pre-order 1-3 Months
I will place an pre-order 3-6 Months
I will place an pre-order 6-12 Months
When its Amiga enabled or compatible
No
Pancakes
2 more weeks

PosterThread
meet.mrnrg 
Re: [Poll] LimeBook PPC - FOR AmigaOS / MorphOS / AROS Developer - Evaluation
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 16:48:26
#81 ]

@Zardoz

I agree with you mostly...

But take a look at old;
1) Comics
2) Baseball cards
3) Amiga Systems
4) Paintings
5) Antiques
etc..etc.. Sometimes they are worth 10-100+ times worth more than their original value!

I have already specifically told LimePC - aka Tsinghua Tongfang Co.,Ltd.(THTF)
that I will be aiming to sell for $500.00 per unit, in Jan/Feb 2+ Months later they came back to me after many days of discussions and said OK. You can have industrial / commercial boards for sale, based on your business plan! Not in so many words, cause they speak Chinese mainly.

Profile     Report this post  
billt 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 17:00:33
#82 ]
Elite Member

@Trixie

Quote:
And not a single word from Hyperion that they will

It's up to someone to build a business plan and bring their proposal to Hyperion for some things. If no one else is able to write up a workable business model around something like this, why should Hyperion be the default to do something when no one else can make it profitable?

Besides, I thought that this laptop had fallen through.
http://www.powerdeveloper.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1567&start=15

Gleng 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 17:18:11
#83 ]

@meet.mrnrg

Quote:

But take a look at old;
1) Comics
2) Baseball cards
3) Amiga Systems
4) Paintings
5) Antiques
etc..etc.. Sometimes they are worth 10-100+ times worth more than their original value!

So these are valuable, antique netbooks you're selling here?

There's just no logic to any of this. You may as well be selling PlayStation 3s for double the price in the hope that OS 4 or MorphOS will be ported to it.

I'm sorry, but from reading your posts, it just looks like you're trying to unload underpowered netbooks for a huge mark-up. All for a 0.1% chance of successfully getting OS4 or MorphOS on it.

If the objective is to create a large install base of PPC laptops, then why not just cut to the chase and campaign for OS4 or MorphOS to be ported to the iBooks or PowerBooks? There's millions of those out there!

If there is logic in this, I'm sorry I can't see it.

meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 17:24:59
#84 ]

@billt

Its a good post...
Quote:
...and so it seems. Rather than green, over time it seems brown might be a better color choice for Cherrypal. Clearly marketing will only get you so far. It seems Cherrypal and THTF have gone their separate ways. The 5121e Developer Program we had planned was canceled due to a lack of funding from THTF and/or Cherrypal (not paying a single outstanding invoice also concerned us). We have posted details about the situation in other threads. Perhaps, Freescale may one day again be interested in a Program for industrial and/or automotive applications where the chip should be very successful. Freescale was a Sponsor of the EFIKA Developer Program and many good results came from this effort. R&B :)

---Key Points---
1) he 5121e Developer Program we had planned was canceled due to a lack of funding from THTF and/or Cherrypal (not paying a single outstanding invoice also concerned us).
2) Freescale was a Sponsor of the EFIKA Developer Program and many good results came from this effort.

Not enough money means exactly that, the 2006,2007,2008 pricing speculation caused a big situation. Its called "When things go pear shaped" or on OZY slang "Tits Up"!

meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 17:26:24
#85 ]

@Gleng

I thought there were some backyard experiments going on, for that front.
Except no-body is making money on it right now, so things are ever so slow!
Probably lack of an agreeable business plan!

GuruMeditation 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 17:28:05
#86 ]

@meet.mrnrg

I hope you won't ignore my last question.

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena." Theodore Roosevelt, speech in Paris, 1910

meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 17:31:24
#87 ]

@GuruMeditation

Quote:
So what you're saying is that even though I explained why it shouldn't be called Tri-Core, as opposed to single core.. you opt for the marketing way and will still be calling it Tri-Core?

Sorry upfront - like I said I will try to do something about that, its been a long waiting game already!

GuruMeditation 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 17:40:38
#88 ]

@meet.mrnrg

I don't understand what you mean.. you say you "will do something about it" - what does that mean? The CPU is clearly a single core processor, while their marketing section is busy trying to make it out to be something that it isn't. What have YOU got to do with that?

My question was, will you STILL be calling it a Tri-Core, even after I explained why it shouldn't be called that, and why a G4 shouldn't be called a dual core processor?

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena." Theodore Roosevelt, speech in Paris, 1910

meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 18:06:11
#89 ]

@GuruMeditation

Its best not to muddy the water right now with the suppliers way of thinking!
1) You now what else shouldn't be: An Amiga Market without a NoteBook / Laptop.
2) You now what else shouldn't be: An Amiga Market without dual core or quad core
3) You now what else shouldn't be: An Amiga Market without Bill M - hehe just kidding!

GuruMeditation 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 18:12:35
#90 ]

@meet.mrnrg

Right, ok. Good luck with your "you now shouldn't be" mission.

meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 18:20:25
#91 ]

@All

---Housing Bubble---
http://blog.jparsons.net/2009/01/graph-us-housing-prices-1890-2008.html
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeqrguz/housingbubble/

---US Existing House Price / Median Family Income---
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2009/02/us-existing-house-price-median-family-income/

As you can see and know already prices fluctuate constantly.

Can anybody find graphs for the computer industry???

The same adjustments now need to made in the IT World once more, due to the massive plummet in prices, we have had an massive increase and profit loss 60-80% and a massive number of layoffs and redundancies. Its time to think and take action once more!
YES WE CAN!

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 18:28:33
#92 ]
Team Member

@all

Maybe this thread is just a ploy for meet.mrnrg to slam us over and over and over again with his Easy Pocket Money advert in his signature.

LOL!

Amiga 1200

meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 18:32:24
#93 ]

@fairlanefastback

Cool!

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 18:41:19
#94 ]
Team Member

@meet.mrnrg

Quote:

meet.mrnrg wrote:
@fairlanefastback

Cool!

BTW if you are rich enough to live in AUS, UK, and the US as you say for your locations, why do you need to make an obscene profit on these two Lime machines? Your Easy Pocket Money venture that you advertise for free here is sure paying for a lot of houses and a lot of travel to Las Vegas (since your ebay auction shows you in Virginia). And if you are soooo good at business in that venture to afford all that, why play coy that you won't know how to run this LimePC reseller business?

ROFL x 1000

You never answered my obvious questions from earlier in the thread. If you really mean these two units to be in the hands of developers, why an auction open to all, with a free advertisement thread trying to intice the general AW.net readership to snap up the only two machines you have?

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 05-Apr-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Amiga 1200

meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 18:48:46
#95 ]

@fairlanefastback

1) I hedge my expenses
2) I always pay my taxes
3) I don't usually claims things like hotel costs, if I am holidaying on the business trip
4) I adjust to market conditions
5) Before this crises I drastically cut my monthly expenses & rented my mortgaged property
6) I never keep outstanding debt beyond equity on my property, and scale accordingly. This is because my Internet & WebDev + Computer business portfolio is worth peanuts to most people, but worth quite a bit to others, so hence I can't rely on PAPER MONEY!
7) I don't usually play the stock market (Even if Scott Trade offers it for $1) - let alone the roulette table.

GuruMeditation 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 18:53:40
#96 ]

This is so sad, that I don't know what to do but to sigh.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 19:44:25
#97 ]
Team Member

@meet.mrnrg

Quote:

meet.mrnrg wrote:
@fairlanefastback

1) I hedge my expenses
2) I always pay my taxes
3) I don't usually claims things like hotel costs, if I am holidaying on the business trip
4) I adjust to market conditions
5) Before this crises I drastically cut my monthly expenses & rented my mortgaged property
6) I never keep outstanding debt beyond equity on my property, and scale accordingly. This is because my Internet & WebDev + Computer business portfolio is worth peanuts to most people, but worth quite a bit to others, so hence I can't rely on PAPER MONEY!
7) I don't usually play the stock market (Even if Scott Trade offers it for $1) - let alone the roulette table.

You still are avoiding the question. If meant to be in the hands of developers for the advancement of an Amiga-like OS, why an open ebay auction where anyone can buy what is the paltry quantity of only two units? Why no communication to any developers directly first? What good would it be if someone with money to blow and a techie just sees the auction and buys up the only two units?

Amiga 1200

opi 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 20:10:02
#98 ]
Team Member

@meet.mrnrg

Thanks. Sometimes I forget why tech-people hates babble from marketoid drones. You refuse to address questions, you wander around, post pointless posts about paying taxes (like I care. Do I look like IRS to you?).

As Guru said: so sad.

If MOS Team or Hyperion would like to do something with LimeBooks they would get boards ON THEIR OWN. I bet they have spare $300 and probably they could struck nice deal since they have PowerPC OS in their hands!

And here you are, reselling (do you even have them, like, on your desk in your house?) two items, posting BS, breaking TOS.

Hesus.

Last edited by opi on 05-Apr-2009 at 08:10 PM.

Gleng 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 20:11:21
#99 ]

@meet.mrnrg

Quote:
The same adjustments now need to made in the IT World once more, due to the massive plummet in prices, we have had an massive increase and profit loss 60-80% and a massive number of layoffs and redundancies. Its time to think and take action once more! YES WE CAN!

What has any of this got to do with running Amigalike operating systems?

All you're doing here is justifying why people should pay you a 200% mark-up on a low-spec netbook with a 0.1% chance of getting OS 4 or MorphOS running on it.

There's probably a greater than 0.1% chance of getting OS 4 or MorphOS running on the PS3, and that's cheaper and more powerful .

Edit: Added stuff.

Last edited by Gleng on 05-Apr-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Last edited by Gleng on 05-Apr-2009 at 08:11 PM.

meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 5-Apr-2009 20:16:01
#100 ]

@opi

Jesus... could lend a hand here!
Well IRS won't make sense to you, if you live in Poland?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle