Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
7 crawler(s) on-line.
 141 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  4 mins ago
 Matt3k:  11 mins ago
 OlafS25:  22 mins ago
 amigakit:  50 mins ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs 2 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 2 mins ago
 A1200:  2 hrs 9 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 sibbi:  2 hrs 36 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 49 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  Hollywood-users - what are you working on ?
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
fuskoSCN 
Hollywood-users - what are you working on ?
Posted on 30-Jan-2010 15:52:39
#1 ]

Hi there!

With the release of Hollywood 4.5 it opens up even more possebilities to develop cool software. So now I wonder.. what are you working on!? What are your plans ?

Also...are there any new proud owners of this amazing software ? Please share your views on the software! I bet you got impressed by the quality of the package!? :)

best regards
Torgeir Vee

Profile     Report this post  
Templario 
Re: Hollywood-users - what are you working on ?
Posted on 30-Jan-2010 16:31:33
#2 ]
Elite Member

@fuskoSCN
In a little project because I have few time, other screen saver of my style.

kas1e 
Posted on 30-Jan-2010 16:43:39
#3 ]
Elite Member

@fuskoSCN

I will buy Hollywood right after author will add popups menu support (as i know he working on it already ?) For now, you can't bring menu by the left mouse button -> that a bit reduce possibilities for making nice apps.

But anyway, as i can see for now, 2 nice apps done in Hollywood: LoView and LookHere. And Hollywood progress are very visibly and nice.

Last edited by kas1e on 30-Jan-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Tuxedo 
Posted on 30-Jan-2010 17:53:35
#4 ]
Elite Member

@fuskoSCN

Well...
I'm working on LoVIew...hope someone just tryed it
Hope too to release a new version in february with some nice things added
Hollywood 4.5 was really a great package!

Allanon 
Posted on 30-Jan-2010 18:41:54
#5 ]

@fuskoSCN

Hello!

I'm working on LookHere! and ScuiLib, the library I'm developing to allow Hollywood users to build GUIs for their applications.

Right now I've added support for images in the buttons, switches and labels. Next steps are:
- Pop-up & Drop Down menus
- Contextual menus

As soon as I will find some time to write the docs I'll release the library.

In the near future I've planned to improve LookHere! especially adding the exif data reading, but I've 3 more application in development:
- An application launcher
- A volume monitor
- A top secret HUGE app :)

Happy coding!

steril606 
Posted on 30-Jan-2010 19:35:26
#6 ]

@Allanon

Lookhere is a big helper for me... Thanks for your work, Allanon... Keep on!!!

:)

gerograph 
Posted on 30-Jan-2010 23:44:47
#7 ]
Cult Member

This presentation runs in our Foyer.. For waiting/interested customers to look at + the short version is send to (potential) customers from time to time, to make them aware of what we are doing - only in German - Sorry.

A new version and hopefully Mac Version will come out soon.. this includes a Navigation bar and a "Skip Intro" functionallity.

BTW If linking fonts into a MAC executable, I get them to large on the MAC side, because they are rendered differently there. Same happens on Windows... ANYBODY AN IDEA ON THAT ?? This is the reason why Mac Version gets not released..

greetings gerograph

www.geobiz.de/download.htm

www.geomarketing-consultant.de

alfkil 
Posted on 31-Jan-2010 14:38:30
#8 ]

Hi all,

I have released one app already on os4depot:

http://os4depot.net/index.php?function=showfile&file=development/utility/spritecreator.lha

It's just a tool to automatically create multiframe sprite files for easy loading with LoadSprite(). I mainly created this tool for my own purpose, and as I haven't received any feedback on it yet, I'm probably not going to continue development, unless at some point I will need it again myself.

The reason for me to write the Sprite Creator was for the making of a game called BE Fighters. This game has been released for Windows and Mac, but because the game needs 1 GB of RAM (!) due to a combination of bad design on my own behalf and a very memory hungry LoadSprite routine in Hollywood, I'm hesitating to release the Amiga OS 4 version. I was supposed to show it on a danish Amiga gathering yesterday, but becuase I could not bring my own SAM machine, I had to use one of the many AmigaOne machines present that day. Apparently these machines have huge problems with finding compatible RAM-modules, and most of them run on 256 or 512 BM RAM, so as it turned out, the only machine present that day, that was able to run the game, was my old Apple iBook... Pretty disconcerning taken from the point of view of a real Amiga enthusiast! I think I need to find a way to cut down memory consumption to support these machines with less memory before I finally realease the game for Amiga.

If anyone wants to try the Windows or Mac version of the game, send me an email telling me which system you have, and I'll post you a link:
alfkil@gmail.com

fuskoSCN 
Posted on 31-Jan-2010 14:42:48
#9 ]

@gerograph

Hi there!

Yes, it is true that some fonts are rendered a bit different on MAC/Windows compared to amigaOS. This is caused by different font implementations on every system. The font renderer under Windows is different from the one under OS4, the Microsoft renderer is different
than the Apple renderer etc.

In my own products I have "fixed" this by making the text on pc-versions a few sizes smaller... lets say size 32 instead of 36. If you have the presentation ready it should only take you a very short time fixing it.

I would not be surprised if Andreas in a future develops his own method to display truetype-fonts instead of using the internal font-renderer for each system.

Best regards
Torgeir:)

gerograph 
Posted on 31-Jan-2010 14:57:35
#10 ]
Cult Member

@fuskoSCN

yep, thats another possibility, what about MAC compared to Amiga ? Upto now I just used CGHelvetica on Amiga and Arial on Windows, because this guranteed me that HW 4.0 finds the fonts, as they could not be linked.
At the moment I am trying other free downloadable Mac/Window fonts, whicht I could then use on Amiga. Using a Windowfont on Amiga always worked for both systems... seems like using Windowfonts on Amiga results in same spacing/Layout as on Windows. Maybe I can get a "Universal" Font for all Systems.

fuskoSCN 
Posted on 31-Jan-2010 15:52:45
#11 ]

Well, i guess i should add my own products to this list :) I have written about them elsewhere, but this list of Hollywood-apps are getting very nice! :)

I use Hollywood + Designer to make commercial programs to dentists.

It is not a full-time developer-job (I work as a dentist myself), but the business is shaping up very nicely! I have to thank Andreas Falkenhahn for this - he has been extremely helpful all the way.

Dental Kanal - an informationchannel used in dentists waitingroom. At the moment we cover 23 topics about dentistry. These topics are displayed to the patients while they wait for their treatment. We sell this software hosted on a SAM EP440, 677mhz machine. Thanks to hardware accelerated crossfade-effects in Hollywood 4.5 this "low-power" machine is able to crossfade even 1366*768-photos extremely smooth!

Dental Info - a program that helps the dentist in the process of informing patients while they get their treatment in the dental-chair. This is done by offering a series of illustrations/photos to cover both problems and treatment of different topics in dentistry. It also offers printable handouts (in pdf & Word-format) aswell as alot of other nice and helpfull features.

Screenshots and demos of the products are available on our homepage - www.ferrule-media.no

Torgeir Vee

fuskoSCN 
Posted on 31-Jan-2010 16:06:00
#12 ]

@kas1e

I really liked your diskmag Vague!

I must say that Hollywood Designer is perfect to make diskmags, music-disks, slideshows etc. And it would be easy to make executables to several platforms.

If I get time I will take a look at a slideshow we (Scenic) planned to release many years ago... a slideshow with gfx from 7 different graphicians ( caro, pix, critikill, java, splif, mantra and myself).. music from Virgill, jazzcat, reed and xtd. The code for the amiga-version was started by Kiero (Mawi), but he never had time to finish it.

With Designer i can however finish it myself (alot simplified compared to what Kiero could make ofcourse - he is amazing!). Still - even without knowing how to code myself I'm able to make pretty advanced graphical gui's with the power of Designer!

I hope you buy Hollywood in the future - i'm very sure you will like it! :)

Torgeir

elwood 
Posted on 31-Jan-2010 17:14:30
#13 ]
Elite Member

@gerograph

Seems interesting. Could you tell us a few words about what is said on this presentation?

Amiga Translator Organisation

Mrodfr 
Posted on 31-Jan-2010 17:27:46
#14 ]

@alfkil

Have downloaded and launched the tool on my sam. Just some menus but unfortunately no file example inside (no gitte inside).

It's mainly a little sprite editor and focused to hollywood apparently and I don't know what is a .sprite but It's a verry good first attempt for you with hollywood .

If you haven't programmed untill now, hollywood is surely verry good even for no programmers people

BTW, thanks for programming also for the amiga with hollywood.

-A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+SCSI-KIT
-SAM440EP-667mhz-on MapowerKC3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disks Preservation Project

gerograph 
Posted on 31-Jan-2010 20:22:34
#15 ]
Cult Member

@elwood
right, as I stated somewhere else here in a thread, I am running a business besides my job as a teacher.
I and my company deals with "Sales territory planning" and "Geomarketing". This means visualizing business Data (e.g. customer data out of databases like SAP or whatever) on a Map (mean geographic map, not the Hyperion MAP ) and use it for Marketanalysis, locationanalysis and shifting salesterritories borders. This is mainly done with a software called "GIS" (check on wikipedia).

So lets say if a doctor gets visited by a salesperson from let say Pharmacompany X. I am in charge to assure that every (important) doctor can be visited, and that every salesperson has the same amount of doctors to be visited, same potential amount of revenue, equally sized territories to minimize driving time....

elwood 
Posted on 31-Jan-2010 20:57:56
#16 ]
Elite Member

@gerograph

Wow, I understand.
So you developed an complete application with Hollywood or only advertise material?

Amiga Translator Organisation

Raffaele 
Posted on 1-Feb-2010 16:06:19
#17 ]

@ALL

Here in Italy there is not only Allanon using seriously Hollywood package.

There is also Imagimotion Game Development firm using it.

http://www.imagimotion.it/homepage.asp

Imagimotion is developing "The Secret of Middle City" Adventure game made by Artist and Professor Stefano Buonocore amigan from Naples, Italy.

They are really enthusiast of Hollywood so they put infos about this software even on their site pages:

http://www.imagimotion.it/homepage.asp?showArticle=36

http://www.imagimotion.it/homepage.asp?showArticle=40

How was it possible?

Stefano made an agreement with this software house to develop his adventure game for Nintnedo and PC platforms, but as "Conditio Sine Qua Non" (as obliged condition to the agreement) he asked them to develop also an Amiga version of the game.

COOL!

Imagimotion crew people were once long lasting Amiga fans, but it seems they were uncapable to develop for Amiga too.

So I adviced Stefano the existence of Hollywood and said him to develop "The Secret of Middle City" Amiga just all by himself, and drop collaboration with imagimotion.

As being a very polite guy Stefano Buonocore refused to cease the agreement with Imagimotion and instead of using Hollywood by himself he suggested Imagimotion that it existed ths fabuolus program on Amiga.

Imagimotion purchased Hollywood as a matter of curiosity and they got in love with it.

Once I heard Stefano saying that Imagimotion crew considered Hollywood: "simply superb software".

Also I have news that they are in direct contact with Andreas Falkenhahn, the author of Hollywood, and as long as Imagimotiuon uses Hollywood for serious programming every day I suspect that they are the people who made all the bug hunting for Andreas, who was then capable to release 4.5 version upon Imagimotion suggestions and he released also new features for Hollywood upon requests made from Imagimation crew.

Good job Imagimotion!

I also am in contact with a developer from a games forum site who said that Demo of "Secret of Middle City" is ready.

I asked Stefano to send me one running demo version, so I could test directly the adventure game, but he was unaware of any demo to be released soon, and he will ask directly to Imagimotion about it.

He was also very curious and perplexed because he said it is strange that another developer from another software house was more informed than him about the progress made by Imagimotion as long as he is the author of the game and in direct contact with them.

I think IMHO that the better move is to mail directly Imagimotion and ask them if an Amiga Demo will be released soon on Amiga sites, and so we all Amiga users could test it and discover if it is worth the Hollywood software and also if this "Middle City" Adventure Game it is worth the money to buy it.

Could someone find ther mail?

I just found infos about Imagimotion VJ firm in Germany that is not the same thing than italian Game developing software house...

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=110693444&blogId=427683332

So definityely this is not their e-mail addess...

it is very hard o find their mail...

-----

I read on an interview on about Imagimotion here:

http://www.gameprog.it/pub/interviste/imagimotion/

that one of its developers is called Paolo Canonici, so I think that these emails found on internet are referring ro him:

paolo@real-imagimotion.com

paolo@imagimotion.it

Let's ask all together Paolo Canonici to release the long awaited Amiga Demo of this adventure game.

In amiga scene we are waiting for "Secret of Midlle City" since Stefano announced it as stand alone project ten years ago.

We were waiting when he made an agreement with another software house 4 years ago, and now we are waiting since two years ago when Stefano joined in partnership with Imagimotion.

It was a 2 years long development! Now we want to see at least solid stuff software!

P.S.

Note to Andreas of Hollywood:

Please Andreas, as Amiga user I ask publicly you to make a new version of Hollywood Designer capable to compile projects which could run natively on Symbian OS, IPhone and Windows Mobile devices.

Then Amiga will be again a decent development platform and mainly capable to create software available universally on all kind of mainstream platforms and also capable to run on any kind cell phones and all kind of mobile devices.

Last edited by Raffaele on 01-Feb-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 01-Feb-2010 at 04:08 PM.

steril606 
Posted on 1-Feb-2010 16:09:31
#18 ]

@Raffaele

Quote:

Raffaele wrote:

Please Andreas, as Amiga user I ask publicly you to make a new version of Hollywood Designer capable to compile projects which could run natively on Symbian OS, IPhone and Windows Mobile devices.

Then Amiga will be again a decent development platform and mainly capable to create software available universally on all kind of mainstream platforms and also capable to run on any kind cell phones and all kind of mobile devices.

+1

That would be really badass... Especially for iPhone...

Last edited by steril606 on 01-Feb-2010 at 04:11 PM.

klx300r 
Posted on 1-Feb-2010 16:11:57
#19 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

steril606 wrote:
@Raffaele

Quote:

Raffaele wrote:

+1

That would be really badass...

WOW if that were to happen

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

Raffaele 
Posted on 1-Feb-2010 16:22:50
#20 ]

@steril606

Quote:

steril606 wrote:
@Raffaele

+1

That would be really badass... Especially for iPhone...

Is not IPhone running a reduced version of MacOS X?

So then it is matter to adjust some flags and do not exceed with memory consumption to make it run on IPhone...

Also was not IPhone SDK free for download from Apple site?

It requires only to be studied the IPhone code it generates and reproduce same method of compiling on Hollywood...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle